Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Makanakuy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Makanakuy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently the Tinto exploration team has discovered a whole new nation. Will this NPC empire attack only us or also other regular nations? And will Tinto be able to train camel riders or sun shamans?

The avatars of the Makanakuy generals are pretty cool by the way.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, they -sound- like alternatives to the existing basic four regiments. Blowgunners are archers, camel riders are cavalry, sun shamans are magicians and spear-wielders are infantry. But I could be wrong. Too bad things aren't so simple as to have English names on the regiments, though. The regiment pictures don't help at all, either. If you -can- learn their types though, the fact that they're secret would be... well, a dangerous advantage.

Wow, so if I'm reading this right, there're five new territories, one of which was conquered by Tinto and four which remain an NPC nation? Holy hell, this far beats our own discovery.

SARS, my hat's off to you. This is definitely far cooler than I even imagined, and seeing it now is well worth the extra hour or two of work I had to do to get my spreadsheet to work with these guys. Well done.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And actually I would like to know if a revolution is possible. Ati Anyaka sound like she will try to take back her land. It should be interesting.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
And actually I would like to know if a revolution is possible. Ati Anyaka sound like she will try to take back her land. It should be interesting.

Yeah, I also fear that she will attack us. I just hope that they will not attack Tinto's mainland as well.

Harukaze wrote:
The regiment pictures don't help at all, either. If you -can- learn their types though, the fact that they're secret would be... well, a dangerous advantage.

The same "dangerous" advantage my current enemies have against me.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, you could always forge a peace treaty and seal the deal by marrying her, gaining her land lawfully. now that would be a twist...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Makanakuy units should have double attack power against Tinto units, and a special Politic Point system so they get three attacks per turn, and conveniently are located adjacent to three Tinto territories :)

But maybe in response to my trash-talking, SARS will move the rest of the Makanakuy nation further east....right next to my territories.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Makanukuy and the Islands will get along juuuuuuust fine.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio wrote:
I think the Makanakuy units should have double attack power against Tinto units, and a special Politic Point system so they get three attacks per turn, and conveniently are located adjacent to three Tinto territories :)

But maybe in response to my trash-talking, SARS will move the rest of the Makanakuy nation further east....right next to my territories.

If that happens, we'll just beat them back. After all, we're the Scarlet Moon Empire. We're practically invincible. :P

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very cool. The exploration was deemed a sucess because of the new land that was discovered, but could actually end up becoming a failure if this new nation cannot be defeated. Guess we will just have to wait and see. I am also interested to see if they will attempt to enlist the services of mercenaries. That could throw a little twist in the battles.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is really exciting. I thought maybe finding a new region would be cool, just like theo other groups did. But we ended up finding a whole new nation. This is just beautiful. Where did you get 5 territories from Harukaze? I didn't catch that. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place though. O well. Great job Tinto! wOOt wOOt.

Also, the note about the units having regular parallels is correct I think. I think that that was supposed to be conveyed in the write up. What worried us most was if the spear wielders were just another form of Infantry or actual Spearmen.

This may prove to be quite the burden in the coming phases. But we did get the PP for it, which is a welcome addition. In return we gained a new enemy in addition to Island Nations and Scarlet Moon. And its not like we can get Island Nations to gang up on them with us. Perhaps we could arrange a marriage. That would be a great idea. If we can discover a whole new nation, why can't we claim them by marriage. THey did that all the time in ancient Europe. Still do it in modern Europe on occasion too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whe I first saw those I was freeked out for various reasons but figured that "Hey must be some story-thing" or "OMG a test".

I tryed using google for the regiment names and found an English-Quechua dictonary. not much help

but wow. a new nation huh? I wonder if anyone else will find somthing? It should make things intersting, even if its a NPC. but will anyone here be at a drastic disavtage?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would depend on where the nation paths lie. This 'Makanakuy' could potentially paths to say, Tinto, Scarlet Moon, Zexen, Grasslands and Jowston. It could also have several ports, putting most everyone at risk.

However, as a Tinto discovery, it may be completely isolated save for paths to Tinto so it maybe that Makanakuy can only attack via a single route or at least it may only be able to attack a single nation.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They have one port beside the one that Tinto already took, so they are a danger to almost everyone. You can find out more about their territories by looking on the Region List, as SARS has updated the list with all known new territories, including the several Makanakuian territories, Mount Saint Loa and the Ceremonial Site.

And is anyone else having trouble spelling Makanakuy? I keep tripping over it when I try to type it.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who knows, perhaps Sars got bored with being a Mercenary and just wishes to rule a Mayan Style Civilization that will turn all the other nations (But not the Islands because we kick behind) into nothing but a blood stain in the carpet of the suikoden world xD
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
well, you could always forge a peace treaty and seal the deal by marrying her, gaining her land lawfully. now that would be a twist...

Knowing iscalio, he'd be up against that idea if it involved himself.

But that wouldn't stop him from "volunteering" another high official of Tinto. So just in case this gave him an idea, then I vote against "volunteering" myself for this event, hah.

But If it matters, I do nominate PF since he's suitable for the role. If he doesn't say anything, we'll assume he's fine with it. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: