Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Forum History
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really go to many forums...

GameFAQs

I used to be obsessed with GameFAQs. I think my account has over 350 karma. I don't usually go around the game boards, I'm usually at the GameFAQs Summer Contest board. The mental topography of that board is really odd. It's somewhat like a high school. There are some smart ones, geeky ones, stupid ones. Math geeks, anime geeks, all sorts of people. It amazes me sometimes the kind of people who are there. Still a few people I talk to on AIM there and occasionally I visit. But mostly I've replaced that addiction with this site.

ChuckPalahniuk.net

This is a writer's forum I visit for my favorite author, Chuck Palahniuk. He hosts an online writer's workshop which I heavily enjoy. Chuck wrote Fight Club if you're familiar with the movie. Anyway, Chuck is certainly the man and his writer's workshop is no different.

Of course, the Suikox Forums

This site, while being a good basis of discussion also happens to have a great reason to express your opinions on this and that. I love this site.

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GSCCC I used to hang out there and learn to make GS codes for the PS1.

GameFAQs At first I just hung out at random game boards, then I migrated over to LUE.

Kuzunoha's Megaten Haven This was the place to go if you wanted to discuss all things related to Megami Tensei. Unfortunately the whole community was divided over some stupid issues and even when it was resolved people still resented each other. It was eventually destroyed and the Admins basically didn't want to deal with it anymore and left.

LUElinks Not quite as good as regular LUE, but they can be pretty funny sometimes.

Brand's Megaten Haven The female MH regulars made a new board and while it doesn't have some of the other great regulars at least people have a good place to discuss a great RPG series again.

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, lots of forum hoppers.

DPI Forums- Long since dead. Dead inside, I mean, it still physically exists. It was for comics, mostly sprite comics, but the owner and one of his higher-ups had a dispute, causing DPI to split into two seperate entities. Fireball20xl, and...

The USSR- United Spriters and Sprite Resources. I actually named the place, haha. Place still exists too, physically, but is also dead inside. Renamed, too. Place was about sprites and sprite comics, but has kind of turned into more of a comic graveyeard. Left that place because I finally realized the average poster had a single digit IQ.

Ansem Report- I would say this is my new main hang if it didn't spend half it's life offline for various reasons. I don't even know why it's down now, but it doesn't look like it'll be back anytime soon. It's about Kingdom Hearts. At its core it's a place of higher learning in the KH community, where the bigger and brighter minds come to speculate and theorize. Mera'din, Neatchee, Raven, Shammy, and them. I should really talk to Nox about when it'll be back. Fliktor has a few posts here too, so he knows what's up.

Suikox- Honestly? I only started an account here so that I'd have something to do while the AR was down. hahahaha. But as you can see, I've gotten kind of attached. The War Game is what really turns me on, and the fact that the entire forum is like a huge RPG. SARS Ad has really done a good job in making me want to stay. Fliktor has a few posts here too, so he knows what's up.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Koei Forums: My first forum experience. I spent more than 1 year here and got about 300+ posts. It was nice, but i don't go there anymore.

Ragnarok Online Indonesia Forum: Well, some of you (i think) may already know the game. It's gone now due to massive spamming.

Suikosource: Well, after i saw a link about suikosource at the koei forums, i just stayed there and never came back to the koei forums. I don't visit here anymore.

Gamestation Saga: Fighter Machine Forum : Well, it's a forum for an rpg game made for a local game magazine (with rpg maker, of course). I don't visit here anymore. Well, rarely.

Suikox: Here i am, replying to this thread! This is one of the three forums i'm active on. I found the link from Suikosource, and since then i stopped visiting Suikosource.

Castle North Wind: It's a roleplay forum which link's i found at the advertisement forum. I'm active here. All of you should try coming here too!

Megindo Forums: It's a forum of a local magazine publisher of the same name. It also publishes the Gamestation magazine mentioned above. I'm also active here.

So far, i'm only active in three forums.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DBZ Dimension
My very first Forum techanically I didnt understand the stuff, plus there were no rules so anyone could get away with anything, so it wasnt a very good start :lol:

Suikox
My 2nd Forum I learned online etiquette here and used it in many places there after, still a Active Member!

PSMonline
My favorite magazines Forum, thanks to this place I actually made contact with Eric Bratcher omg! Still havea great time there as a lurker. Username:Flik

Elibe Clan Wars
The latest forum I joined its pretty cool dont understand much on it. Username:Sparda

Well I joined alot of others but I just did not like them some of them include:FF Shrine, Chocobo Knights, & Megatokyo forums. My usernames there where all:Croix
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PSX RPG Usenet Newsgroup
Before internet forums existed, usenet newsgroups were the place to go for discussions on games. My first post related to Suikoden was made in 1996 in their playstation rpg newsgroup, when I got stuck in Neclord's castle.

Flik's Suikoden 2 Page
The first non-usenet site I visited frequently. It was a very basic tree-style board with zero features (you didn't have "accounts"). It was run by a guy called Flik, who disappeared but the board was active for a while. It just disappeared one day when the ISP died.

IcyBrian's Suikoden Forum
There were a few incarnations of forums at IcyBrians, but when I joined, they were using a borrowed forum that required a certain number of clicks on ads to keep it alive. This meant regular members frequently went on clicking frenzies. I was active there until I found gamefaqs.

Gamefaqs
Gamefaqs opened in late 1999. I was on a work assignment for two months with no internet connection, so I created an account in January 2000, and thus my userID there is 3401. I would have gotten an earlier ID if I had internet connection at my contractor location, grr! I was active in a number of Japanese made rpg/strategy games boards, but Suikoden became my most frequently visited board (Suikoden 2 board being the most visited). I met some of the current friends, such as Kornholio, back then, which led to the Castle of Kain.

Castle of Kain
This was the first forum and community site that I helped put together, along with Kornholio and a few other people who have since found other things to busy themselves with. It was set up so each person chooses on suikoden character to "role-play" (which never really happened). It was somehow extremely addictive despite having no real organization; I guess it was total chaos. Many interesting ideas were created back then, but most of the times, I didnt' have the tools or knowledge to make these things happen (which in turn were used here at suikox). I learned a lot about managing boards from that experience, which was filled with many mistakes and emotional moments; all in a span of less than one year. Some of the character entires that exist on suikox.com was made back then. The forum still exists, and was unharmed during the recent EZboard hacking incident. I go back there sometimes to get "new ideas" or to read how stupid I was back then.

Souleater.org
Still possibly the best designed suikoden site to have ever existed, souleater.org was one of the earliest dedicated suikoden site. For its time, it had some incredible features which would put current suikoden fansites to shame. It's still a mystery how that site was put together; I am not sure if Odessa (the owner) actually did all the coding herself or not. Needless to say, the forum there was incredibly active, and was operational for more than a year even after Odessa mysteriously disappeared.

Questions for Blue Moon
After I left Castle of Kain due to internal squabbles (which I am not particularly proud of), I made a site that was dedicated to suikoden. Back then, my monicker was "Blue Moon" so I called the site "Questions for Blue Moon." I had some basic guides up on the site, which later became the core contents of Suikosource, and later on, Questions for Blue Moon actually became the foundation for suikox.com.

Suikosource
The famed suikoden information source that I founded along with Kuromimi, Darkannex, and Kornholio, Suikosource was an attempt to make a comprehensive suikoden site that had aevery single suikoden information available in the world. The missions was to become the #1 suikoden site across the globe, and many interesting things were attempted to accomplish that. The forums were extremely active since its opening, thanks to my madman promotion capabilities. We used EZboard for most of the time, and used phpbb for a short while (which was actually located on the souleater.org server), but it was destroyed after a while due to the whim of the domain owner (he was a selfish twit). Then we went back to ezboard. I left Suikosource about 2 years ago though, to create another suikoden site, suikox.com.

Suikoworld
A forum I went to sometimes when I was bored. It was run by a number of different people, and the last administrator was none other than our own Synchysi.

Harmonia Online
I have an account there, but I can't say I am very active there. I have manybe a few dozen posts.

Suikonline
A site that just recently died, run by our own Alkazar. The name itself has existed for years, and I believe Alkazar has been involved with all incarnations of suikonline. I was active earlier on, but I am not sure if I was even registered at their newest forum. It had a really sharp design to it.

Suikoden-Network
I have an account there, but I probably have only 12 or so posts.

AllRPG
I go there a few times every year, just to see how idiotic these massive game sites are.

Suikox
It is the best forum, and the worst forum. I spend a lot of time on this forum, and the amount of modifications I have done on this poor pieces of phpbb makes me feel guilty. This forum allowed me to finally learn php in some depth. I think I also finally came up with a good system to keep people active without having to supply a constant flow of new suikoden info (which was always a huge concern at suikosource).
Suikox is built on top of countless failures, and I have tried my best to keep it from turning into a place devoid of etiquette and human behavior, while making sure we don't encourage elitism. I'm proud to say we have a lot of mature members, and this forum's median age is probably higher than most others. Suikox is not just a forum about suikoden, it's a place were you can develop yourself.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Suikox
It is the best forum, and the worst forum. I spend a lot of time on this forum, and the amount of modifications I have done on this poor pieces of phpbb makes me feel guilty. This forum allowed me to finally learn php in some depth. I think I also finally came up with a good system to keep people active without having to supply a constant flow of new suikoden info (which was always a huge concern at suikosource).
Suikox is built on top of countless failures, and I have tried my best to keep it from turning into a place devoid of etiquette and human behavior, while making sure we don't encourage elitism. I'm proud to say we have a lot of mature members, and this forum's median age is probably higher than most others. Suikox is not just a forum about suikoden, it's a place were you can develop yourself.

Wow, that was beautifully put.

I don't forum alot. Infact, Suikox is the only one where I've made a post. I've registered at a couple just to read some member articles and editorials, like at Suikosource. I'm considering joining one for Star Wars, because where as my knowledge on the subject is somewhat advnaced, there is much for me to learn. Most games I don't really get into as much as I have with Suikoden. Still gotta play Suikoden 2 and 1 though. Jim!!! Jims got the games I want, so naturally a furious cry of his name was in order..

the period was a lil hint
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARS Ad-Minh wrote:
AllRPG
I go there a few times every year, just to see how idiotic these massive game sites are.

Actually, AllRPG is on the brink of death from inactivity. The forums are the only place that attract people, and its number of members pale in comparison to, say, GamingForce. If I recall correctly, you're... Teddy of Death, right?

AllRPG
I'm not particularly proud of it, but my posting days originated on AllRPG. I've been posting there pretty consistantly for some four years now. Has a pretty large, die-hard following of Suikoden fans, which I unofficially lead with the "Suikoden Series Newbie Patrol". The SSNP is a group of guys that are supposed to be knowledgeable in Suikoden without having to rely on Suikosource and SARS. The whole thing is in fact a parody of an older group, the Chrono Series Newbie Patrol, which a lot of people wrongfully held in high esteem. We don't really do anything.

The Rebel Hideout
The second forums I frequented, and the first to be Suikoden-oriented. I remember it being a pretty cool place, with a pretty popular role playing section. I still wonder why it died.

GamingForce
I've included the link so that you guys can see how much of a behemoth the place is. The third forum, which I still visit often. There was a huge server incident a while back, so the place dates back a lot further than it says.

Suikosource Forums
I posted there a while back, but I despised EZboard. It's been probably two years since I've been there.

Questions for Blue Moon
This was the first Suikoden forum that I frequented often after Rebel Hideout went under. Honestly, I remember nothing about. Nothing. The only reason I know I posted there often is because of how familiar the name is to me.

Suikocastle
Ran by Clive van Houten, Suikocastle's forums were supposed to be a place to frequent while the real site was built. Needless to say, it never came to be. A lot of members simply went inactive (including mods), and spammers ran the place for the last week or so. Pity, since I greatly enjoyed the community and the layout of the boards.

27runes.org
Ahh, Art-Stealing Central. I joined the boards after they cleaned up their act, and became their moderator for the Suikoden Card Stories forum. I believe there were only six posts in there from three different members. I stopped visiting the boards after it just... left my mind. Dunno what happened to it.

Suikoden Assumptions and Rumors Shelter
SARS Ad-Minh had an LJ entry last year asking what people thought of his brand new boards. And here I am.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GameFAQs
I first started coming online in 1998, when I was 15. Back then I just hung out in various chat rooms, not really dedicated to anything specific. It wasn't until 1999 that I found GameFAQs, but at the time they had no place to discuss games. I discovered they had put up forums in January of 2000, but my computer died shortly after and I was internetless for the next six months. I ended up regaining access and joining GameFAQs in August of 2000, with the crappy username Chaos2541 (an account that recently was hacked into, which the "hacker" has since gotten suspended). I'm still around various game boards as Averlus. Anyway, shortly after I made my first account in 2000, I started frequenting the Suikoden II board, where I first came across Blue Moon.

Questions for Blue Moon/Suikosource
I came across this site in Blue Moon's signature at GameFAQs. I registered under the name Chaos and instantly began posting way too damn much, throwing out stupid theories and all that junk and somehow never got lynched. Anyway, I was a regular there for a good long time, coming across several of our SuikoX regulars in the process. As a testament to my posting entirely too much, I ended up being the first non-moderator to attain the title Suikoden Master with my 1001st post. That made me feel all warm and squishy inside, or something. I stayed around QBM through the change into the Suikosource boards until the strict forums were introduced, when I sort of phased myself out of existence.

Suikoworld Part 1
While at Suikosource, I came across Knight Class Gunner Clive, Luc Master of the Wind Rune (our very own Saben) and Meg. We ended up creating Genso Suikoworld, which became my first forum administrator job. It was fun for a while, but eventually went under after the merger with TheNLA.

The New Leaf Academy
I can't remember the name of the head admin (Sasarai, maybe? I'm gonna call him that anyway), but we were somehow convinced to merge GSW with TheNLA. It didn't go very smoothly, and I left soon after the merger due to lost interest, which made Sasarai hate me. This whole time, I was still quite active at QBM. I actually can't remember this part too well, but if Saben happens to come across this thread he can probably explain it better than I could.

Plasmic Gaming
I was linked to this place from GameFAQs, and instantly became a regular of the forums. It was a general RPG gaming site, in the vein of all these FF-Whatever sites, but not centered as much on the FF series. Anyhow, I fell in love with this place and was eventually made a mod of the Suikoden section. I met some really awesome people here whom I wish I still had contact with. I still miss this forum; frequenting PG was one of the best times I've ever had online. Toward the end of PG's life, the second incarnation of GSW came along. This site went down shortly before GSW did.

Suikoworld Part 2
Me, Clive and Meg took another stab at GSW a while after TheNLA went under. This time it wasn't nearly as successful; we opened up a full year after we re-created the site and forums and such, and shut down another year after that due to lost interest by Clive and I and the disappearance of Meg.

SuikoX
And here I am. I got the link from Sars' LJ and, since I didn't have any interest in actually participating in the battle system itself, I offered my help with the forums to Sars, after which I became the battle admin. I don't have near as much free time as I did when I first started coming here, which is why I'm rarely seen around the community forums, but I'm still here lurking daily.

There were a few sites in between those, such as AllRPG (where I went by Superior Inferiority), SuikoCastle (where I was Averlus), the Rebel Hideout (as Chaos; I started going there after Odessa reappeared, but got bored with the forum soon after), Razael Central (a sort of PG spinoff, but not nearly as successful) and various other no-name sites I ended up getting bored with, but the ones listed are the main ones. And, despite being an operator in the Suikosource IRC channel, I don't even have an account at the Suikosource boards. Fun stuff.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohhh, you're Superior Inferiority? A lot of people there were fond of you, you know.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh? They were? I thought I was fairly unknown at AllRPG. I remember seeing Gaara there under his previous username and Eggith Cyrene (I believe), but I only posted there for a month or two and never went back. I'm surprised I made any sort of impression at all.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a pretty small place. Most people are remembered.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first forum experience is Suikox, before that I never knew what a forum is, that's why some of you might've seen the odd me in the early days.

After some time from that I began frequenting some other forums, mostly Suikoden or RPG in general related forums, I'm always a member in these forums, I might've been promoted to a Mod in few of these forums, but I never lasted that long since this is the only forum I'm interested in spending my time in, I try checking the other forums once a while but my time is getting shorter each day.

Anyway, the forums are:

Suikox: Since this was my beginning to the world of forums, I learned almost everything from here, it was almost like in introduction for me, not just for Suikoden information, but also for the world outside, I learned a lot of things about other people that I would never learn just by sitting in my house, in fact, I now only come here not for Suikoden but for the people in here, if I ever happened to leave I would be very happy that I left with many memories about this place and the people in it.

Suikosource: I checked it once, registered in it, didn't like it and came back here, it was rather a little bit unfriendly compared to this forum.

Genso Suikoden Forums: Someone from this forum gave me the link for it, I've been pretty much active in here in the past, but not anymore, this one was more of a friend hangout place than a Suikoden forum, I spent most of my time playing around than discussing Suikoden, I left after some incident that happened to the forums, most of the people there left with me too, and I now don't go there at all, after they changed there layout to green my eyes couldn't take it anymore, very fun place at that time.

Smeghead Comics: This site/forum was made by a couple of people I knew from the pervious forum, a very friendly place, the site is pretty much good with very interesting comics in it, but unfortunately the forum turned almost dead with time, I didn't last much because things were more chaotic for my taste, I simply stopped going one day, I wonder what happened to that place.

The Suikoden Prophecies: I honestly don't remember what is this about, I know I am/was a member of this forum, but I simply don't know what happened to it or to me, the name reminds me of something, can't remember what.

Character Impersonators: Simply a forum where you impersonate your favorite character in any world and role-play with it, pretty much fun, even though it is/was ruled by scary dominated girls, I didn't play with them, I was just there because some of the guys I knew in previous forums were there.

RPG Heaquarters/RPG Headquarters Version 2.0: An RPG forum in general, my very first one, I get to know many people in here, it was sadly shut because the spammers get hold of it, I was appointed a Mod in this place, but sadly I couldn't do anything for few reasons, now we moved to the newer version of the forum, they got rid of the spammers, also making the number of members very little, I'm no longer a Mod in there, I go there from one time to another, it's getting a little bit lively in there, unfortunately I don't have time to check it out anymore.

Suiko-Network: My newest Suikoden forum, I check it every few days/weeks to see how things going on, the forums a little bit lacks activity, but it has some interesting stuff in there.

I've been to a lot of other forums beside these, but I'm too lazy to remember, and they weren't that important for me in the first place, so no need for that, I've also been by many names in these forums, some I recall, some I don't, and some I don't want reveal (being a mystery is always fun).

Kamikaze Penguins

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not really a forum kind of person. Im too impatient. I used to be a part of some random Harry Potter ones, yes I am a HP freak, so sue me.

There was this other one I visited alot. Called the Alyrian Boredom Squad (ABS). It was a site made by a bunch of teens that live in my town, so the only people who are part of are people in my town. They usually talked about what would happen at their school or their families, but they had some fun threads. Now that summer has started, no one is ever on.

So other than those, I am here. The only reason I am here is because a friend of mine said it was cool and he would always tell me about it. And then one day I was just so bored that I decided to go here. Weird thing is, I have never played Suikoden.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GameFAQs

This was my first forum, I mostly just went to boards about games I'm waiting for/want/playing and LUE when I'm bored and want some random conversation. My username was: FinalFantasyUser (I know, very original </sarcasm>). I also came up with Keriaku there, when I was thinking of a name for a .Hack Message Board RP. Since then I've always used Keriaku, it's my internet name :D

Suikox

I was here awhile ago when we still had the debates, I was just going to try to join a guild when that stopped, I've been here ever since, under the same name Keriaku.

Hongfire

I come here for some random/random anime conversations and when I want the latest anime/games/ost on Bittorrent. Also Keriaku here.

AnimePaper

I come here for some random anime/manga conversation, also for some really nice anime wallpapers. User: Keriaku

NIS America

I come here to talk about NIS games, and to suggest stuff for NISA (Nippon Ichi Software America). User: Keriaku
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: