Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Thoughts on the Nippon icchi games

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on the Nippon icchi games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didnt see a topic about this here, so I figured Id make one. Out of the NI games that I know about (Disgaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, Phantom Kingdom) what do you feel about them. Like them? Dislike them? A little bit of both? Want to marry them? etc.

This is what I say about them

Disgaea- I bought this game since I heard it was similar to Final Fantasy Tactics (my favorite game... EVER) so it was a no brainer for me. As I started playing I realised the story wasnt very deep or anything, but something kept me hooked. That something was god. Uhhh I mean the gameplay. The story was light and funny, actually very funny at times (PRISM RANGERS!). The classes were so numerous and engaging that I just didnt want to stop. The item world was fun, but not exactly my cup of tea. Then went it was time to super duper power up it was quite fun in the begining. After awhile it just lost its fun cause of the same repetitive things over and over and over again, but maybe in a few months ill pick it up again.

La Pucelle- I've heard both good and bad things about this game, but I never had a chance to play it myself.

Phantom Brave- I ran out and bought this cause I heard great things. The battle system was new and revolutionary for a SRPG and such. It was pretty fun I'll admit but just didnt grab me as much as Disgaea for some reason. Once I got to the end of the game I just had no drive to do the extra stuff or power up or anything. Not sure why... but it just wasnt that fun for me. I really dont know why.

Phantom Kingdom- I havent had the drive to go out and pick up a copy. I didnt even read reviews or anything.... after the phantom brave fiasco and also calling up ebgames and only being offered $5 for PB I think ill hold out on them for awhile.

Overall my thoughts on the Nippon Icchi games are that they are fun for the main storyline, but the nevereneding powering up levels statss and items just isnt that much fun. Its fun in the begining but after awhile it just becomes boring as hell.

Whew that was a long post
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of the three Nippon Ichi games here, I wasn't impressed with Phantom Brave. They tried to cram too many features without making it coherent, and I too lost interest in the side-quests. At least it's revolutionary in that the circular zone movement may make square zone movement appear less and less in future games.

La Pucelle and Disgaea are different for me, in that their features and stories are interesting enough that you want to play more, yet detatched enough that you can spend time with the infamous neverending levelling. They've been far more bright and vibrant for me to play than, say, Final Fantasy Tactics or Stella Deus, which I'm playing right now. Plus I'm fond of Disgaea and Phantom Brave's art style.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

apparently, you didn't look all that hard, because a similar topic is on page two; i suggest you post there from now on, since this one is now locked.

make a little more effort in your future searches.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: