Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The New Zelda Game's Release Date Moved Til Next Year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: The New Zelda Game's Release Date Moved Til Next Year! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know how many Zelda fans there are here, but I was one of the very many fans who had a pre-order on the Zelda: Twilight Princess (Title shortened) game which was said to be released sometime in November and you can imagine that I got a little bit irritated at the news that it wasn't going to be released until next year! :evil:

I just wanted to rant a little bit and hear your opinions.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A bit old... they must've announced this at least three weeks ago.

Advent Children has been delayed too. Also, they've chosen to delay Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS to add Internet capability to it.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just sucks. I found out about this about 2 weeks ago, I just keep forgeting to post about it. That and I wasn't sure that it was official until just last week....
Baz Von Steinitz

The Chaos Order

120743 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats sad, but we get used (the old gamers) to this notice given by Nintendo (they always delayed the biggest games) thats why I hate Nintendo (the new one) adn only support PS even if that implies lost track of the new Zelda or the Metroid ( I liked so much), But I hope the new game dont delay to much for the good sake of Nintendo......What is the new Release Date?

well good luck my Zelda Fans :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I heard that it's been postponed do to they still have a few bugs to work out of the game. Which I do have respect for them for doing... I'm just a bit impacient and I've been waiting thinking that it's finally going to come out and then they go and do this. It just bugs me like a cliffhanger ending to something that you get right on the edge of your seat for and then they just 'drop the bomb.'
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, as disapointed as I was about the delay of the game, I can totaly understand it. Shigeru Miyamoto has been behind Nintendo from day one, and he's every bit as meticulous about his projects as, say, Hideo Kojima. He knows that due to the cel-shaded graphics of the Wind Waker, sales in the US were lower than projected, despite it being a great addition to the series. He wants to make sure that Twilight Princess is his greatest Zelda title he's produced, not to make more money, or to regain lost honor, but because he cares about fans of the series, and he wants to constantly improve.

Being a gamer for just under 20 years, game delays are inevitable. Yes, they still disapoint me, but I remind myself that when the game eventualy comes out, it will be that much better. The age old saying of "Good things come to those who wait" no longer applies in our modern world, as advancing technology has bypassed common 'time-sinks'. For example, take printing a picture, instead of drawing one with paints. I believe that instead, it should be changed to "great things come to those who wait."

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sucks, this was the only Zedla game I've been actually excited for.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have never actually played any Zelda games at all but i was exited about this one its a shame it was postponed. :cry:

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I'd love to get my hands on Twilight Princess as much as anybody else, but delays are a part of the business. Don't forget, Suikoden IV was delayed and Final Fantasy XII has been delayed, so it's just a matter of putting on the mindset that it was worth the wait. Now, in the case of Suikoden IV, I know a number of people were disappointed with it, but that happens sometimes as well.

Had Nintendo delayed the game merely as a marketing tactic, I would have been a little annoyed, as I have alredy pre-ordered the game and put down a deposit, but since the delay is to make the game the best it can possibly be, I'm more than willing to wait it out with other games like Suikoden Tactics to keep me busy.

So, if you're genuinely excited over Twilight Princess, don't let the delay affect how you feel, just go with it and you'll notice your excitement will only grow as the game nears release. (even moreso when you have the game in your possession and are heading home to play it)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a home site of twilight princess.

Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here ya go:

http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/legendzelda/

I personally don't mind, I have a lot in my hands, let us just wait since the game is being improved is to our benefit.

Remember when Miyamoto delayed the release of N64 because he wanted more time to work on Mario 64?

Well it was worth it wasn't it?
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool great site,the trailer was great too so thanks!

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not too bothered about delays. I can't think of a single game that I've been really excited about that hasn't been delayed at one step or another. It's just a part of the process - makes you want it all the more lol

After all, I've got plenty of games to be playing until Twilight Princess is released finally.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: