Suikoden Unique and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"Hidden" Suikoden character in Konami's new game OZ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: "Hidden" Suikoden character in Konami's new game O Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

apprently characters in the game can change customes and loook at what one of them changed into...

KOROKU!!!

not to surprising since some of the Suikoden 3 team worked on OZ, plus theyre advertising Rhapsodia and OZ on each others site...also on thier konamistyle store theyre listing OZ with other Suikoden games...
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what is OZ? I never even heard of it. but if Koroku's in the game, I guess that's cool.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my goodness. That is a really cool find. Nice work josiskrazy. I'm intertested as well. What game is this?
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats looks like the Fire Hero in the bottom screen...

^Actual quote!
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:

Now that you mention it, i can see a resemblence to the Flame Champion. But at first I thought it was a ninja or something.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Flame Champion would be one of the changable forms within Oz.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if this game gets a US release I'm already buying it. This is too cool to pass up.

^Actual quote!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Flame Champion? Really? Looks like plain ol' Feel to me.
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:

I thought it was the Flame Champion too.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah this game looks pretty cool, and if there are a few secrets here and there such as Suikoden Character 'costumes' then that is a pretty decent feature as well. And considering this game is out in only several days (hopefully) I will probably end up importing it like I do for a lot of games to get them nice and early. Like a good long demo for a game...

Looks a bit like the Flame Champion, but as Leb said it would probably just be Feel. It would be asking quite a lot to have FC in this game, even if it is only a 'costume'. We will find out soon enough for sure though.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for those that dont know what the game is...heres konami's jpnese site with movies and such...

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/oz/

to me its kinda like DMC and Castlevania...alot of hack n slash with cool team combos and magics...the story itself seems to be loosly (or not) based on the Wizard of OZ, as from the title and certain characters and thier personality (one is named Leon who changed into a Lion, plus theres a girl named Doroty and a catlike creature named Toto)...

its developed by some of the guys who worked on Castlevania and Suikoden III (most notably Fumi Ishikawa who did the character designs)...which is why a few characters do look sorta like Suikoden characters...like Feel (main character, http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/oz/chara/c1.html ) and his colors and design...plus theres Vitis who almost looks too much like Culgan ( http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/oz/chara/c8.html )...

yea it comes out in a few days in Japan but there havent been any hint of a US release...but I sure do hope it does arrive here...

PS...you can also change into the bloody bunnies from Silent Hill too!
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

josiskrazy wrote:
for those that dont know what the game is...heres konami's jpnese site with movies and such...

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/oz/

That Koruko scene is in the 30.6M movie, at around 5:38. It has the Koruko theme playing in the background too :D Big Koruko standing on two feet scared me a little bit though :P They should have put Kogoro (the black dog) instead :D

This game looks interesting, hope it would make it to the US...

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I saw that too, it was pretty neat. The Koroku level music was playing. One thing though that isn't Koroku. He has a lighter brown coat with a blue pattern bundle cloth. The only dog that could be if it is in fact the same dog, is Kosanji, who has a similar coat and has a green design bundle cloth.

OZ (Over Zenith) is hot, I don't really think I can emphasize how awesome and amazing it is without swearing, but I'm definately going to get it. The cut scenes are there, but it's more action/adventure than RPG. It looks more action based than story based no doubt, but I would recomend it to all Suikoden fans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: