Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The love-blinded emperor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think emperor Barbarossa, or his descendants, will return to re-claim the empire?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Augustus Silverberg

11109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: The love-blinded emperor Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, as a legend strategist and genius philospher, feel sorry for the loss of the Scarlet Moon Empire. I myself feel the pain of
emperor Barbarossa himself when he has to watch his whole empire dying. The emperor declares his love for the court magician Windy at the final battle in Gregminster Palace. Love sprouts up many other passions such as Hope, Hatred, Anger...etc but it also destroys the existence of recognition. The case of emperor Barbarossa is a clear example.

Some of my advisors speculate the incident of falling down to death of the emperor and the court magician is a promise of their return. Those loyal generals should expect something of or related to the emperor and the magician to return and re-claim the great empire from the Toran republicans. Their son, perhaps.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The reign of Barbarosa and his family came to an end when Tir and his followers ended his tyranny brought on by madness.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the generals weren`t that loyal, since they all joined the Liberation Army(except Teo). I doubt the Rugners will return to power, but it depends on what kind of time we`re talking about. I think it`ll have to be a few generations at least before anyone would dare to do that. And it depends on a lot of factors, like how satisifed the population are with the republic. And, come to think of it, didn`t the Rugner line end with Barbarossa? I didn`t think he had any children. Maybe we just never heard about them, but they should`ve been mentioned at some point.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

isn't Barbarossa MIA as far as we know? he could've had some children after Suikoden 1 maybe and we wouldn't know...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I do not think that anyone will come to reclaim the empire and even if one comes on what basis they will be coming to reclaim it. As we know the empire has filled along side her emperor, there is no longer a Scarlet Moon Empire it is called the Toran Republic in these days, nowadays it has her president that is Lepant and mostly Sheena as a future president, and also has her people and generals who pledged loyalty toward the Toran Republic. Therefore, there is no chance that the fallen empire will raise again.

If there was a chance, that Barbarossa has children I do not think that he will tell him or her about being an Emperor of a fallen empire; I think that he will take them far away from it and live happily with them. I also do not think that there is a need to take down the Toran Republic since it is good as it now.

Though there might be a chance if the heir fell into the hands of Windy and she use him/her to reclaim the empire to manipulate it once more, which I doubt very much but there is always a chance in the Suikoden world, who knows maybe it will come true.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Harmonia and Highland sympathizers tried to reclaim the Higheast territory from the Dunan Republic. Thats not a guarantee but still. Some rebels left over from the empire could try to overthrow the Toran Republic but i doubt it.

I'm replaying Suikoden I...again, and i realize that Barbarossa isn't really the bad bad guy. Its the empire itself and Windy. He isn't necessarily the bad one. Like when Futch comes to get the flower from the garden and Barbarossa catches him, he lets him go. Windy manipulates him, and the empire as a whole is corrupt. Barbarossa was a better emperor than Geil would have been.

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's inevitable that someone who Claims to be Barbarossa's child will eventually try to reclaim the scarlet moon empire. I mean, think of what you'd gain if you win - Toran is not a bad sized country. That said, I don't think they'd be successful if they did it within 100 years of Barbarossa's reign - People would still remember the corruption of the SME. Hell, he might not be successful at all - peopl emight just like the Republic a lot better than a monarchy.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't Dunan come to aid Toran in case it's republic were threatened by someone or something? I mean, they did have issues with Dunan (as far as I remember, if I'm wrong, forgive me). And what Sophita said about people still remembering all the corruption etc.
Besides, a new scarlet moon empire could become a threat, I'm sure they'd intervein, so I think it most probably wouldn't happen.

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished the game again two days ago.
Dunan only came to aid where they stopped the reinforcements from helping Kasim Hazil since Mathiu had written a letter to Dunan 'informing' them about the emperor's plans on taking over Dunan.
Actually I don't think they called it Dunan. Did they? Cause Dunan is post Suikoden 2. It's City State. The City State had a grudge against the Toran Republic anyway. Which makes sense since Kasim's area is the northwest (correct me if I'm wrong) and the reinforcements are around there but are stopped by the City State.

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But the City-States(and later Dunan) requested and got aid from Toran during S2, so their relationship was a lot better after the Dunan Unification War.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Part of Mathiu's strategy was sending a letter to South Window telling them the Empire was going to attack. So South Window and Tinto i think attacked the Dana region and took Moravia castle forcing Kasim Hazil to..lose!

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I considered this case (re-claiming the empire) to happen after the Dunan unification war. So, as Gwendal said, their relationship is much better than at the time of suikoden 1. There's also the fact that the rulers of Dunan, aren't the same rulers of the City-States (I think)

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be an interesting concept however... a later suikoden where you play as Barbarossa's descendant weilding the Dragon King Sword and have to overthrow the armies and generals you brought to power...

*thinks about fighting AGAINST Valeria...*

I don't know, it would be cool, but would have to be close to the end of GS3 because otherwise the country you're re-taking would have different generals and would just be another GS1. I'd rather see the world expanded at this stage.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...I think one Suikoden per country is enough until we`ve seen the enitre world. Wouldn`t it be nice to be able to visit the entire world in the last Suikoden(if that ever happens)? It`d probably have to be a PS3 game on multiple discs, and it`s very unlikely, but it would be kind of fun...

Then again, it would also sort of deferat the concept of the series, which is local conflicts between nations.

Mercury's Marines

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beleive in Suikoden as well as in the real world no true hold on a nation or empire is truly secure. Somewhere in the future someone downthe road who may or may not be related to Barbarosa will try to make a name for himself by taking back the Scarlet Moon Empire. As for Barbarosa himself I truly beleive he is no more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: