Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bang [Possible Spoilers]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Bang [Possible Spoilers] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just playing Suikoden 4 the other day when i came across something.

Bang, the lottery guy, said two things that seemed a bit unusual.

First, he said the he was allegic to cats, yet his orginal store was situated at the Nay-kobold Village, making him want to leave. But, which person with a half decent mind, knowing that he is allergic to cats would live near cats?

Second, he continuously said that he didn't put any 1st prize in the lottery machine. Yet, he wasn't intelligent enough to take the gold ball out after the hero or any other person left.

Is Bang a total idiot, or does he have his reasons (although even if there were reasons, it must have been really dumb... :roll: )?
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it to farfetched to think that he discovered his allergy to cats while in the Nay-Kobold Village after arriving there and thus needed to get out asap.

I think they were there as somewhat of a joke, as a means of escape being that the player knows that Bang is a cheat in his game but you just play around it.

Its my personal belief that it didn't mean anything significant. Besides what are the odds of us seeing the old guy in anymore games anyways? And with a name like Bang, one begins to wonder... Really, the "name like bang" thing doesn't mean anything, just a poor attempt at a joke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His name was so stupid, it drove me nuts. Morally questionable characters do rule though.

I honestly think we won't see any more of the guy, and all that was trying to be conveyed was that he was a cheat, but maybe someone knew about this and replaced the first prize balls . . . or something.
Lady Andrea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disliked him. So I punished him in the confession room. It made me feel good. He deserved it for cheating at the lottery.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bang is clearly some kind of Voodoo super-witch. I swear to you I played that game like, 85 times in a row once, and there were sure enough, 85 little balls in that little lottery wheel. Crikey. Where does he fit all those little bastards? If you ask me, he's definetly got a Blinking Rune that he uses to teleport them in. Come to think of it, he's definetly got the True Blinking Rune. Definetly.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always found that character to be incredibly annoying personally and I think I only played the game a hand full of times to just get some items out of it for the heck of it. I have enever really much cared for a lot of the minigames that the Suikoden games have added to the respective games. I dont know why but I just found them to be more of a distraction than entertaining for any amount of time. Thats not to say though that I didnt occasionally put them to some use when I had time to kill but it wasnt something I planned intentionally. You know how it is, your just just bored so you go and play around with them awhile to kill the boredom. Anyways with that said and done I am out. Peace.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gaspar and Marco were the only worthwile mini-games. Though I was happy to see the return of Chinchiroin in Suiko 4.

Actually, I liked the card game in the first one as well. The first game had the best minigames overall.

But alas, this conversation is about Bang the Lotto guy. Allergic to cats? Yeah. Forgetful/cheater? Most definitely. Voodoo super-witch? I'd stake my life on it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always had horrible luck with chinchirorin, esp for gasper. Never won anything and ofter went bankupt bcause of him

To be honest, i really liked the lotto system in 4. It is a real lotto system as adopted for Japan, and is still used in Japan today.

A really nice mini-game is Rita-pon. Damn it was bloody addictive...

Did 3 even have any minigames at all? I don't quite remember (not counting the lotto by the way... Grr... still holding grudge for continuously buying 10 tickets, then forgetting to check them :evil: ).

The best in two was undoubtedly the cookoff... Pity it never returned :(

Anyway, back to the topic...

I REALLY can't see Bang as some voodoo maniac... He is just a complete idiot to me...
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah S3 had minigames, I can't remember all of them I doubt but Billy had some card game which was pretty easy, Kathy had her horse racing and Mike had something that I haven't actually played yet I do believe.

Probably missed one or two or something but someone can fill in the gaps that I have left, at least I may have jogged your memory a bit from this post.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S3 didn't have many good mini-games, but it did a lot of other things really well. The ability to have Barts grow you medicine, for example, or that Mamie would return profits from her restaurant to you (by all means, it makes perfect sense, and I was glad that it was part of the game). Also, Koroku = Awesome in a bottle, and being able to decorate your castle with antiques was a nice touch.

Still, nothing can top Suikoden II for minigames or all around coolness of the castle.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know you would get money back from the castle in Suikoden 2 as well? You just had to go talk to Hai Yo in between his cook off battles and make the menu up in the same way, that wasn't new to S3. Of course you could know that and have just been mentioning you liked that facet in Suikoden 3 but it sounded to me a bit like you thought it was new, apologies if I've got that wrong Krawnik.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's also the theater in III, which I think was a great addition. Too bad I can't have Jimba as Romeo and Elaine as Juliet at the same time. :(

What did Bang say in his confessional? I think he's one of the few that I haven't seen yet.
Lady Andrea

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bang says that sometimes he puts all white balls into the lottery machine. :evil:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In terms of gameplay is that true? Is he just saying that for characterization purposes or will you really go to him sometimes and get nothing but white balls?

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I can tell the lottery is purely random, getting a white ball out the bottom doesn't decrease the chance that another white ball will come out so all balls are replaced in the wheel each turn ( or so it seems ).

I have never played the game and got only white balls... so I believe its characterisation, just like when he says he didn't put the gold ball in there when you win.

Sorta like Shu and the coin he flips into the water, he didn't expect them to find the coin since he didn't actually toss one in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: