Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Windy and True Runes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder how far ahead Leknaat can actually "see".

She saw Ted in the Magician's Tower. Then they went off, did some random stuff around Gregminster, fought a few ants here and there and finally came back to Gregminster.

Windy captured Ted. But he did not die. That didn't happen for months until they were in that valley (which name escapes me).

I wonder if Leknaat knew Ted would die, or merely give up the Soul Eater?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that Leknaat has only some degree of foresight. She can see possible outcomes, but does not know the outcome of a particular event in the concrete. She just helps move events toward the best possible outcome. As for Ted, Leknaat probably saw in him the means to drive Tir towards his ultimate destiny. Ted was a guiding tool. Windy probably does not have the sight, though. But, I don't believe Leknaat was sure that Ted would die. She probably saw the possibility, but didn't know for sure. Ted's death was probably seen by Leknaat as a means to an appropriate end.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If she could see an outcome in concrete, RS, it'd invalidate the whole man is never powerless idea. So I agree wholeheartedly with you: she can only see the possibilities and the likelihoods. She could tell that Ted would become a pivot point, I'm sure, and that Tir was involved, but not much more beyond those two facts, at least not until the ball was rolling further along.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was still quite risky to let Ted and Windy in the same place knowingly. Regardless of what Leknaat thought would happen.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if Leknaat thought it -had- to happen? Keep in mind, she calls herself the Executor of Balance. Sometimes Balance can be taken to mean allowing bad to happen in the world in order for there to -be- good. Balance allows for concepts such as acceptable losses or worthwhile sacrifices. Ted could have been seen as being either by one who claims to be responsible for keeping the Balance.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. But this is my point about Leknaat. She comes across as Holier-then-thou in the games. The font of knowledge (and power perhaps). She helps the heroes and such.

But I think she easily has her own agenda and the lives of men and women are not as high up on her list of priorities as she'd like us to think.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*rereads the last few posts* :? I think we're in agreement here. I'm not sure how your point about Leknaat disagrees with my own assertations. Or is that what you're saying...?

Damnit, didn't I just tell you a few minutes ago that I'm not awake yet? >.<
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my first two words were "I agree" so I'll leave you to fill in your own decisions ;)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but your third word was "but." Which is what confused me greatly. It sounded like what followed was supposed not to fit with what I was saying, and I couldn't see it.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, what can I say. I'm not feeling well as you know lol

Perhaps I should have said "Which" instead of "But".

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I definitely believe that Leknaat has her own agenda. I don't know if you two have posted in the favorite villain thread here on this site, but I was the only one to put Leknaat down as a villain. I think she definitely has an alterior motive and has been moving the Stars of Destiny as pawns for her own agendas. Windy may have been more up front about her plans, but I think Leknaat is the one we should all be concerned with in the future. She only seems to interfere when she feels that it could help her cause. She does not seem to mind sacrificing others for her cause.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never participated there, but I likely would have agreed with you to an extent. I don't consider Leknaat a villain per se. But I do think she opperates under her own agenda, with her own rules. Her goals are not always going to be ones that we as observers of this world will find "good." She's the Executor of Balance. In Chinese culture, balance is the definition of good - or at least it is in *thinks* taoist belief? - and thus in a way one could consider her good. But it isn't always the type of good we think of in our western mindset. I don't know if I'd consider her a villain though.... I think she's eventually going to die, and very likely she will die performing some final act of good. Basically, the Gate Rune has to be reunited, I feel, before the end of the series; and too many Runes are in the hands of "good guys" as it is. I think when Windy and Leknaat come face to face again, only Windy will be walking away from the encounter.

Windy, thus, would earn my vote for the greatest villain of the series.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My view on Windy is that she ultimately wants to kill her 'sister' Leknaat, and take her half of the Gate Rune. Seeing as the Gate Rune is split into 2 parts, neither of them carry one whole true rune, and it may be possible to bear 1 and 1/2 true runes. So, if she finds Ted and gets the Soul Eater, which is said to kill all those who are close to you, Windy hopes that with the power of that rune she can unite the Gate Rune by killing Leknaat. That was my understanding of Windy's real intentions.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wouldn't matter if it was the full or half rune, Windy knew a technique to obtain 2 full True Runes.

And I don't think her intention was just to kill Leknaat - by all evidence, Windy seems a lot more powerful than Leknaat - she could've sent Yuber and Neclord and teemed up against her if she needed to kill her that badly.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, if Windy wanted Leknaat dead it could have been arranged. I believe Windy's motive was to amass power in order to seek revenge on Harmonia for what they did to her Clan. Of course, this can all be speculative, but it seems like the best possible reasoning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: