Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Windy and True Runes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Windy apparantly wrote:
Teo McDohl adopted a war orphan? It must the young child from the Village of the Hidden Rune that escaped my grasp 300 years ago and I've been chasing ever since because... well, he's a young male. There can't be too many of them around!

Windy does not go to the market place. She lives in the Imperial Palace, that is what servants are for, to do boring plebian things like shopping and consorting with the lower class. Meanwhile, Ted does not normally visit the palace, he is a commoner and an orphan. Windy has little reason to visit the area of the palace where Ted has ever visited because she's consorting with Barbarossa.

It's not that hard to explain away. There is no reason for the two to cross each others paths. They live in the same city, yes. But that's like asking how someone in Washington DC could go so long without actually seeing the President in real life, it wouldn't be that impossible.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would the fact that Teo McDohl adopting just some war-brat be big news? He is one of the Six Great Generals and no one has the right to question what he chose to do. Besides, it is always harder to locate something that is right under your nose.

I mean, look at Wyatt and Geddoe. Geddoe has his True Lightning Rune the whole time and had been with his mercenary group for some odd years and they never knew or suspected a thing. Wyatt was a Zexen Knight, had the True Water Rune and participated in the First Fire Bringer War and still no one suspected a thing.

It is just one of those things where people overlook the obvious as they find it too simple to be true. Besides, Windy had no idea what Ted looked like. He knew her face, but she hardly caught a glimpse of him. It would be impossible to expect either one of them to know exactly what each other looked like after so many years. So, that's why she had to wait until the Soul Eater was used again.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if Windy was searching for Ted and the Soul Eater Rune exculsively, would that have given her a better reason to be in the Island Nations at IV?

But i suppose that she didn't know about the Fog Ship Captain, who took Ted in and kept his Soul Eater Rune for the time being. I really think that he should reappear in the sequel. I honestly think that there was something going for Mr. Captain.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really does depend how Ted used the Souleater.

Gameplay purposes you can use it as much as you like - as you can use the Rune of Punishment as much as you like, but for story purposes Ted only used the Rune to destroy the Queen Ant. Using the Rune in the Island Nations for gameplay wouldn't brought any attention to anyone. Now if he used it for story purposes (I can't remember that he did) perhaps it would be a different story.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I really think that he should reappear in the sequel. I honestly think that there was something going for Mr. Captain

I don't think that's possible. Didn't the Soul Eater kill him? Right after Leknaat got all butch and said, "That is not the role that is meant for you?"

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the fog ship captain was killed Waturu, I think he was actually banished back to whence he came or something like that, I'm sure someone with a better memory than me can confirm that for you.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coincidentally, i was re-recruiting Ted in the New Game +. Wataru is right, the Souleater consumed the Fog Ship Captain.

But it doesn't rule out the possibility of another one like him coming. Leknaat made a request to Mr. Captain to return to his home, the City of Eternity, along with his brethren. So there may be another person/thing like him reemerging, and may also be searching for True Runes to keep.

Quote:
Now if he used it for story purposes (I can't remember that he did) perhaps it would be a different story.

Well, he only recieved the SoulEater after the battle, and he spoke to it, and Soul Eater had his meal, as i mentioned above, and then he faints. That's about it. So i suppose that he didn't truly use it for story purposes.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That entity that was absorbed by the Soul Eater was only a magical illusion. The Fog Ship Captain was not a true being but something conjured by an actual living being. So, the entity known as the Fog Ship Guide was destroyed, but the true being which summoned, or conjured, it is still alive and well.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Revolving Sphere wrote:
That entity that was absorbed by the Soul Eater was only a magical illusion. The Fog Ship Captain was not a true being but something conjured by an actual living being. So, the entity known as the Fog Ship Guide was destroyed, but the true being which summoned, or conjured, it is still alive and well.

Not that I'm doubting you, but how do you know this...?
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It actually does say that in the game I think Harukaze. I have something stuck in my head that says it didn't kill him and it won't go away no matter if I'm told otherwise.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Ted is the one who states this after the group encounters the Fog Ship Guide. He mentions that the Guide is simply a form created by magic and present there due to the wishes of something else. He or Leknaat mention that the form was nothing of real substance. I can't pinpoint the exact quote, but it should be somewhere within that point.

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting - though this backs up my point that Windy probably didn't know about Ted's location in Scarlet Moon.

However, it does bring up an interesting point about Leknaat. She met Ted with the others in the Magicians Tower. She knew who Ted was, and knew Windy was in Gregminster. Why not say

"Erm, yeah...don't think you should really be going back. Windy's there. Remember. Psychotic witch who burned your village?"

"Oooh Windy."

Unless! Leknaat could see that Ted needed to die, or was fated to die, and did not want to argue with the balance.

But I cannot see Tir's fourth level spell having any impact on the story of Suikoden I or II - I suppose it always could have a future impact on further games, but I doubt it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Windy destroyed his village after she and Leknaat parted ways. Would, necessarily, Leknaat have known about this in order to warn him?

If she did, I agree with your idea that she saw he needed or was fated to die. I'm just not sure she does know.

As for Tir's fourth level spell... that's Judgment, yes? Interesting name, in context. But no, I don't think he used it in the story anywhere, except in a special case when recruiting him in Suikoden II. I'm not sure if that counts, though.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't have thought so really, as it was a sidequest that had no further effect on the story.

Also, Leknaat probably did know about Windy's exploits. It happened 300 years ago which news should have slowly gotten its way to Leknaat.

I would think Leknaat did try and keep tabs on Windy as much as possible. She is the Executor of Balance, and Windy would seem to get in the way of that, especially if she got hold of the Souleater.

Either way, Leknaat knew Ted had the Souleater. Leknaat knew Windy was in Gregminster. I believe Leknaat knew Windy was after the Souleater.

She must have known Windy was after destructive True Runes at least by the time she met Ted again.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leknaat sees destiny and how it will unfold. Destiny in the games seems to be a big Boo Radley in my mind ... a conept often talked about and made into the great big boogey man of the universe but rarely seen. I took it as Leknaat seeing that it was Ted's destiny to die and Tir's destiny to take up the Soul Eater. Tir would not have become the man he was without it. It was not Ted's gathering this time and since he was not a star anymore he has to follow his destiny, even if it meant dying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: