Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Aldo & Ted [Spoilers]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Aldo & Ted [Spoilers] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I have noticed how Aldo is always wanting to be around Ted. This has intrigued me, especially in the bath scene with them. I have two theories about this.

1. Ted was better at archery than Aldo who looked up to him as the superior archer.

2. Aldo liked Ted. I understand that Aldo died while with/persuing Ted. This is mainly backed up by the bath scene.

Okies, those are just my theories. Both Aldo and Ted were awesome, I just didn't know about their, erm, relationship.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aldo explains this within the game. Aldo is a person who easily saw Ted's emotional pain (Hell, we all can see that) and had great sympathy with him because of this. Over the course of the game, Aldo managed to get Ted to talk about the burden of the Rune of Life and Death in some fashion and once Ted left after the war ended, Aldo journeyed after him as during this time they had built up a mutual friendship of sorts.

And what is with this 'Aldo and Ted are gay' thing? God, did they make out or something? If not, where the heck does this stupid idea come from?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
And what is with this 'Aldo and Ted are gay' thing? God, did they make out or something? If not, where the heck does this stupid idea come from?

Hehe, I just thought the bath thing was suggestive. I don't think that Ted is gay, just Aldo.

Thanks for explaining, by the way. ^_^;;

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No problemo, always good to help.

It's always possible that because none of the characters state "I'm straight" that some of them may actually be gay but, really, Aldo's words in the bath seem to be what they are protrayed as. Namely, Aldo managing, in his nervousness around an indifferent Ted, to muck up a simple thank you.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aldo=gay ted=not aldo tried to get with ted and ted killed him and took his weapon (yopul notice he has aldo's weapon in suiko 1) nuff said

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

**(Post deleted by author. There's nothing to see here. Move along.)**

Last edited by Wataru on Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as others don't like to hear about it, that won't stop certain types of discussion from being held; regardless of how many times we have heard it before. Seraphym was merely bringing up something that interested her. We don't have a right to tell her or anyone else to stop talking about something just because we already know about it.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Ced, you are 100% right.

I apologize, Seraphym, and I hope I don't look too much like a jerk. :)

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I also think Aldo is gay, or at least has an intense emotional draw to Ted.

Really, gay references are nothing new to the series. Rody's confessional bath scene anyone?!

^Actual quote!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the ambiguity of a lot of the characters. I never could get into the whole "resuce the princess" thing and having charactrers that "may or may not be" gave me something to relate to. Even if they're not, my perception of them as gay (and I think we all know who I mean .... looks at sig) made me like them that much more.

Last edited by Wataru on Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually, the reference to aldo's death *in pursuit of ted* is mentioned in the end credits...and they both have bows, so it's highly unlikely that ted killed aldo for a bow, since he already has one of his own.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took the ending to mean that Aldo was killed as a result of the Soul Eater's influence. Ted already has access to all four spells, but I'm sure the Soul Eater can cause death for reasons other than unlocking spells.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
actually, the reference to aldo's death *in pursuit of ted* is mentioned in the end credits...and they both have bows, so it's highly unlikely that ted killed aldo for a bow, since he already has one of his own.

But Ted has aldo bow in suikoden 1......

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how do you know this? where is this stated?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
how do you know this? where is this stated?

Its a common occurance but doesn't always mean that the weapon has passed on.

WEAPONS THAT PASSED ON
- Lorelei inherited the Tower-Death-Judgement scythe between GS1 and GS2, she was an archer originally.
- Edge gained the Star Dragon Sword that we all know Viktor carried.

WEAPONS THAT ARE THE SAME NAME BUT NOT PASSED ON
- Genshu in GS2 has a sword named Kamui, then Duke has that sword name in GS3. There is no relationship between the characters and Duke's sword is hardly a katana.

So it is possible and even probable that Ted did inherit Aldo's bow ( the names of Ted's bow in GS1 will be the same as Aldo's bow in GS4 ), but also possible that the weapons are unrelated.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: