Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jobs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Jobs Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey everyone, I was curious to see what everyone here does for a living. Also I'm trying to think of another thing to talk about. Anyways..
I'm 17 and currently apart of our unempolyment secter. However, I am searching so not for long.

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*stares at Masaya's sig* Ooh...Dauragon! You Filipino by any chance? Masaya means happy in the language.

Lessee...I'm 18, also unemployed. Student. Freshman, college.
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm 17 and I am a part time cook.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got a job today working at our county fair. Woo! I'll be serving soda and beer to all the drunk people and working with my best male and female friend! Woo! And I'll also get to see the Journey concert for free! you can't beat a time like that with a stick.
Kyojin Blight

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

streetlight_manifesto wrote:
I just got a job today working at our county fair. Woo! I'll be serving soda and beer to all the drunk people and working with my best male and female friend! Woo! And I'll also get to see the Journey concert for free! you can't beat a time like that with a stick.

I think I would kill myself if I served beer at a fair. I would end up dead in a hospital from alcohol OD.

I don't have a job. I might get one at Office Depot. . . I really need some cash. I'm such a moocher.

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I shall again. So there.
I work at a place called Calltech, doing customer service for a pager company over the phone. People call me, I don't call them.
Esentally, and this is true, I deal with either morons, pissed off people, or a combination of the above.
I love it when I get two calls in a row, one where Person A is pissed off because they didn't pay and we cut their pager off but they still want it. And then Person B is pissed off because they didn't pay yet we didn't cancel their service yet.
Also, once I had to tell someone I couldn't see the future.
And that I was a robot.
And last week some guy called in to try and get us to refund him some money. For charges his bank charged him. Not us, his bank. The bank turned him down so he decided to see if we would give him money.
And I get cursed at on a daily basis. Its ever so much fun -.-
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm part time @ in-store marketing at Sears but im a student occupation-wise
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyojin Blight wrote:
I think I would kill myself if I served beer at a fair. I would end up dead in a hospital from alcohol OD.

you wouldn't have that job for long then, it's not possible to maintain responsible service of alcohol standards if you yourself are intoxicated.

i see it so often at so many bars, clubs and lounges, it infuriates me! I, who most willingly would do my best to maintain the best standards and keep customers drinks "filled", yet not allowing them to get totally intoxicated, and remaining polite.... it bothers me!!!

as you may have noticed, i'm a bar tender. weee! i am hoping to do a cool course in cocktails and show-womanship, but i'm scared and it costs $$$, and i don't want it as a career.

as for a career: i would be satisfied working in the finance sector, be it banking or corporate finance. i would most like to be a financial planner, or involved with the government treasury department, hopefully in planning and legeslation.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I work for S.U.M.C.O. which is a semi-conducter fab. We make silicon wafers for electronics companies. Basicially anything that has a microchip is built onto a silicon wafer. So all of us that video game junkies when we use a computer or a playstation or other related gaming console, can thank compaqnies likr the one I work for so our systems can be built.

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I work at a place called Rex Micro Technologies. What I do there is prepare all of the files so that they're ready to be scanned, micro fillmed, etc. It's not that bad of a job, especially for a person like me who hates having to deal with people and who doesn't mind sitting down for hours on end. Come the end of July, I'll have been working there for a year.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I work for an internet banking corporation. Technically, I work for alot of them. As the Isle of Man is a rather large offshore Finance centre, thousands and thousands of internet payments come through here every day. So basically our company goes round their offices (we're split up into teams for different banks) and sorts our their internet banking. At the moment I'm at Barclays, but they tend to rotate us a fair amount. It's pretty intersting, especially when you make payments from Chris Lightfellow (a guy not a girl) going to a restaurant called "Water Margin" - lights up a bit of your day at least ;)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm 18 and I work for a pharmacy/liquor store.

I love it because its the laziest job ever. Its part-time, of course, as I'm still a student. However, even in the summer, its still part-time, which makes my summer very lazy. Which is why I'm actually posting on internet boards again!
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Profesional Procastinator plzkthxbye.

Actually i'm in college. So i'm still an amateur procastinator. But exceedingly good at it.

All the way to the edge of this world
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My apron says I'm a "Tea-Mearchant."
I work in a tea bar in a department store. To be more realistic, I should say that I get paid to drink tea in a department store, and occasionally manage to get other people to buy and drink tea too.

I used to have a second job in the Japanese dapartment at the university, where I actually did something productive, but then I graduated and that all ended. *sniffle, pout*
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm a part time barista/part time student; when and if i get my degree, math depending, i'll go from there...where ever that leads.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: