Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was announced at Nintendo's Pre-E3 show that Metroid Prime 3 is on schedule to be released this fall in North America. It's date is listed as 20th August 2007, so theres not a huge wait for people who love the series and in particular liked the Prime series.

I've been concerned about how they'll make the game work with the new Wii controls, but apparently there is only a learning curve of about 6 minutes so it shouldn't be too hard for any experienced gamer to pick up the game and play through it with minimal mistakes. Strafing and turning around is handled well by the controls which was presumably going to be one of the hardest aspects to figure out, although I can see the turning around still being an issue.

Downsides I can see to this game is that it isn't going to be much different from the previous two games, the Wii's hardware doesn't allow for a massive leap in advancement from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes which can be dissapointing to look at when there are games like Crysis being released on the PC. There is a trailer and apparently a demo out as well, although it's only available to certain people like the media etc.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played about half of Metroid Prime 2, (I'll get back to it someday!), but I'm really looking forward to Metroid Prime 3. If nothing else, it'd be good to have a great Wii game to play, as that condition is rarely met.

The main concern is the controls, but, according to Nintendo's testers, it's meant to play like a PC shooter, and it's meant to use a system that all future Wii FPS games should use as a template.

The main thing that I'm looking forward to seeing is the Grappling Beam, which is controlled with the Nunchuck. I'm looking forward to solving puzzles with that!

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
The main thing that I'm looking forward to seeing is the Grappling Beam, which is controlled with the Nunchuck. I'm looking forward to solving puzzles with that!

That is something I hope Retro Studies are creative with. The grappling beam being the most iconic example of something that the Wii-mote could make into a really interesting experience which I'm sure would have a lot of situations requiring it's use.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The series is starting to jump the shark. The sequel to MP was a huge let down, and the 2d ones are samey-samey; Now they're implementing different characters into the mix when Metroid is about isolation. Great.

I look forward to it, if only for the fact the game is the first TRUE Wii game, and the controls should add something to the formula, but I'm not liking the way they're taking the series as time goes on.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
The series is starting to jump the shark. The sequel to MP was a huge let down, and the 2d ones are samey-samey; Now they're implementing different characters into the mix when Metroid is about isolation. Great.

Yeah that is a problem I increasingly see in the games. Considering Super Metroid was considered one of the (if not the) best game on the SNES, I would like to see them continue with the formula that is proven to work. The isolation was always a factor that added a degree of tension and excitement. However in Corruption it seems Samus has a friend - some person who can control the power of Ice (just think of Frozone from The Incredibles and you've got it) who helps Samus out through the game. I bet it turns out she is a villain in the end of the game. :P
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, I love the tension the isolation lends to the game's atmosphere.

I'm hoping the wait that Europe will have to endure won't be too long. Nintendo may do a Twilight Princess, and release it a week later, or they could do a Super Paper Mario... We're still waiting for the announcement! Most Americans are finished it, and we're still waiting for the announcement!

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know if you are able to use any of the gun adaptors with this? I don't know what buttons are utilised although I assume that it will be more than just a shoot button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: