Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How Suikox.com is doing (June)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: How Suikox.com is doing (June) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all, thank you all for visiting. I've ran many boards before, but I've never felt cozy like this. This board has been open for about 6 weeks, and so far things are looking very good. Nothing makes me happier than a "view new posts since last visit" list that is a page long. We've had some problems, and I'm sure not everyone is happy, but I'm trying my best to make sure this board serves for the enjoyment of the bulk of you.

With that said, a few announcements.

Some of you would have noticed by now, but Synchysi has volunteered to help me administer this board. We will be sharing responsibility to make sure the board is looked after 24/7 (as much as possible!). In case you do not know, Synchysi has been with the suikoden fan community for years, and has helped run famous fansites in the past such as Genso Suikoworld. He's more widely known as "Chaos," which may ring some of your bells. I'm very happy that he has agreed to help me, because managing a board is one time-consuming job. Please welcome Synchysi.

Next topic is the nation system. Many of you have been asking what exactly this is about. The nation system will pit each nation against each other, and would not only involve battles, but strategy and politics as well. More will be revealed soon after we are able to complete the current training battles, so please keep your hopes up.

Lastly, not so good news, but I have to make sure this is communicated. I routinely see members hotlinking their avatars to sites that strictly forbid hotlinking, such as suikosource. When members here hotlink to a site like suikosource, suikox.com receives a complaint from them. As a response, I have always suspended the avatar privs of the offending member.
In case you don't know what hotlinking is, it is the act of linking your avatar image directly from another site.
The proper thing to do in this case is to have an image hosted at photobucket or its equivalent--it's only the right thing to do.

Anyhow, thanks for listening. I truly appreciate your repeated visits to this board, and I hope to provide a better place for you all. See ya around!
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome Synchysi! Yay, wheeeeeee!
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hay synchysi !! welcome aboard .
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome mister Synchysi sir, we are more than happy to have you with us.

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome Synchysi!
The more people who take an active part in this forum the better, I say!
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome Synchysi, do a good job or else... :mrgreen:

Anyway, as i did in Falena, I offer to host avatars to anyone who would need it, on my webspace.

Hopefully that'll reduce the number of people hotlinking stuff from other places.

If you need me to host an ava for you, just drop me a PM.

That would be it.

All the way to the edge of this world
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome Synchysi, have a great time.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've put a punishment in Highland for hotlinking, so if anyone is found hotlinking SARS, will you let me know, as it does result in a soldier penalty for them from me as well.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Kyojin Blight

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently got out of the AllRPG community and stumbled on to this area. I really like it here, and I think this site is really great. Not to mention the community here is really nice. Me likes you guys.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey! We sure welcome friendly and decent members!!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am all for keeping friendly, decent people here, while keeping out abrasive, selfish, and inconsiderate individuals.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm enjoying this board. posting hasn't been this much fun since 2000! it's very "homely", and though i'm on the outskirts, everyone i've encountered is friendly (sometimes opinionated). but nothing too bad yet!
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to thank SARSadmin for mantaining this great site. A thanks to Synchysi for helping SARSadmin in this feat. Lastly, a thanks to Alseid for letting people (me included) use his webspace for avatars. Thanks to all of you.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm merely the battle admin; SARSadmin still does most of the work. I'm just around to take some pressure off him so he doesn't develop aneurysms or anything.

These boards are one of the most close-knit communities I've been apart of and, even though I don't post as much as some, I'm still around everyday and I see it all over the place. I tend to lose interest in Suikoden boards rather quickly, but this one was able to hold my attention before I volunteered to help out.

SARSadmin is doing a great job, and I'd also like the thank the members for helping to make the community what it is in such a short time.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah this is a good group, although i have reservations about it. But meh.

I finally was able to sign in after a week hiatus because the board would not let me login for soem reason. Hopefully non of the errors that plagued sever posters (especially) myself wont be as plentiful.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: