Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bad Habits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bit my nails and have a habit of zoneing out.

and I also go all the way threw a game to the last dungon and no play it again for a year :(
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My worst habit is procrastination. I don't do homework, papers, or study till the last minute. It has started to catch up with me. Don't save up 2 weeks of multi-variable calc homework, I don't recommend it.

Speaking without tact. Ususally referred to as "speaking one's mind." Sometimes I say something funny, but most of the time I tick people off. Hopefully, I fix this one before I get beat up or something.

Biting off more than I can chew. Taking on too much responsibility or taking too many courses in one semester, for example. I could handle it if it weren't for bad habit #1.

Surfing the internet and posting on boards when I have a final to study for.... :idea:

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not taking any sh*t... wait that is a good habit IMO, okay nevermind.

Drinking too much...hey wait! Once again nevermind.

Okay I'll get serious now. Being lazy and not working out with my weights.

Being lazy in general.

Never backing down from an invited fight...
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I take on a lot and get it done efficiently and get annoyed easily at those that just don't seem to understand why I do things the way I do (usually people that stick to traditional ways).

I would say procratination but I always finish everything on time with good results so that kind of doesn't apply to me.

I am definatelly guilty of playing to the last level/dungeon and not finishing games. I usually try and obtain that 100% completion record and when I manage and get to the last area I just can't be stuffed leveling everyone to lvl 99 by the end of the game heh. Stat maxing is even worse. I can usually finish the game within 30 mins or so but I just leave it as I choose not to finish below lvl 99 heh.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Smoking - At nearly a pack a day, and trying to quit. It's harder than turning down sex.

Drinking - If I go to a bar or party I have to drink, and there's no middle ground. It's a social lubricant, makes it easy for me to shed my inhibitions.

Mary Jane - I've really cut back alot lately from my pretty crazy levels of smoking (maybe a gram a day to 1g lasting me 3-4 days). It's handy for when I decide to have kids and eventually quit.

Chronic Staring - I can't not check out a beautiful woman. You put the titties all out and nicely pushed up and you're dancing, what am I supposed to do, not stare at them?

Procrastination - Never giving this one up. I live for the moment, and if a good moment comes up when I have to study, then so be it, I ditch the studying.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Super forgetful- I never remeber anything at all , it's like i have no memory!

Procrastination-I do everything at the last second.

lazy-I can't remember the last time i went outside for fun.

Lack of sleep- going to bed at 3 in th am is fun!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drinking - I have no addiction to drink, and I don't drink very often (maybe once every few months); but when I do drink, I drink very heavily, all night, and usually wind up hurting myself in an accident.

OCD - Low and behold, I actually have some very aggrevating (for my girlfriend at least) habits. Once I have an idea in my head that something isn't "right" I have to fix it, and everything. Such as renaming all my 1000's of files so every letter at the start of each word is in a captial letter. Putting all my DVD's and CD's in alphabetical order. If something is messed up in my head, I can't rest or relax until it's done. I have to do everything in a odd sort of pairing. For e.g. (if anyone has read the Wasp Factory, there's a bit of an explination in there similar to this) if I scratch my left arm, I have to scratch my right arm as well to make it even.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only one I can think of is not looking at people when they talk to me or I'm talking to them. It kind of tends to piss them off.

Some other habits of mine were mentioned staying up late for instance. I don't consider these bad habits though.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too have no addiction to drinking, as I rarely drink on a weekday, only on weekends (Friday nights included) if there is a good party to go to. So I suppose that is every couple of weeks. I don't feel the urge to go out and drink, but I like having a good time with mates and meeting new people. I never drink by myself, or in the early hours of the day, only from afternoon-night and so on. The only time people would find me drinking in the early hours is if I had been at a club all night, or the party I was at lasted all night. I don't smoke, most of my mates do though. Once a blue moon if I have had lots to drink I may have one or two, but that is about it considering that smoking does not help out my gym workouts.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Daydreaming is a big one for me. Sometimes I even daydream about hanging out, visiting this forum, driving, etc. during tests.

I also have Fliktor's similar problem when it comes to organization. Especially with my MP3 player. I have to make sure that the artist, genre, year, album, song name, and everything needs to be there.

I don't drink at all. While most people see this as a good habit, it's easy enough to see how this can be a bad habit. I just don't like the taste, heh.

And finally, I can't look at a pretty girl in the eyes during a conversation. This gets me in loads of trouble for different reasons. Everyone knows about it, so everyone gets a different response. Some get angry that I'm not looking at them, thus not paying attention. Others think I'm shallow, because apparently if I can't look at a girl during a conversation, they automatically assume that I think their only good quality is their looks. And then some other girls, who know about it, force me to look at them during the whole conversation just to have fun with me. In that scenario, that's not good for me, because my other bad habit is blushing uncontrollably (I can't help it, but it's still not good).

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have for as long as I can remember chewed my nails constantly which annoys me and my family to no end when I am just sitting there chewing my nails and I dont even notice that I am actually doing it. Gets frustrating at times especially when I am really trying as hard as I can to stop doing so. Then there is this other habit that I have that whenever I am sitting in a room and there is nothing to do or very little to do anyway I just stare at anything that just happens to be in front of me. I am doing so right now actually even though I am actively on the computer at the moment. I guess you could also say that when I really get going I tend to ramble on and on a bit but not too much.

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aite I might as well add a few more (I'll try and keep it brief as almost all everyone said so far applies to me to some degree lol).

I've got this bad habbit, where I space out whilst listening to someone in a group rant on about something I don't find particularly interesting. The problem is that my eyes stay focused on the person that is talking in such a way that they think I'm deeply paying attention to what they are saying. Unfortunatelly this leads to two way eye contact (even in VERY large groups), and they feel I'm absorbing every word they say. I've seen MANY lecturers staring at me throughout the lectures thinking I'm paying VERY close attention. The problem here is that once they're done, or once a lecturer asks a question they usually look at me!!! You can see where this can get complicated. Fortunatelly its a habbit I've had since a child and am used to avoiding it; confident look, pretend I know it way better than any other person and slowly look away to see if anyone else is catching on.......and pray that someone else puts their hand up.....otherwise I'm screwed!!! :shock:

I'm also a nail biter, but I've got a lil habbit that kind of negates that. Instead of nails, I started to chew gum. Now there is nothing wrong with that......unless you start chewing a couple of packs a week. In high school, one of the things I was known for were my chewing addictions heh. The teachers used to get constantly pissed with me about it. I fell asleep with a gum in my mouth a couple of times (forgot it was there) and woke up with this very sticky substunce that I had to wash out.......kinda like when someone sticks chewing gum in your hair.

The worst habbit possibly, is my short term memory though. Now it isn't bad by a long shot. I've done some psychology tests for a friend and apparently my short term memory is far better than that of an average human. The problems come in with acquaintances. I know we all have many of those, but I have MANY of those. MANY MANY acquaintances. I'm generally capable of walking into a room and meeting ten or so people and easily remember all the names. Two days later.....I couldn't name any of them if my life depended on it. Sometimes I completelly forget a person even though I know I've seen the face. This is sometimes a BIG problem because I swear I've got people I don't even know go past and nod or wave at me.

Ah, I've got a good one. That lil thing with TV remote I'm sure Fliktor does too. Well he will form now on lol. Every time I adjust the volume I do it in sets of 5 for some strange reason. I told myself I'd make the volume 23 on purpose once......I sat there staring at the damn remote for 5 minutes, before I jumped up and changed it to 25. I'm not like that with other things, but its that lil bug that just keeps nibbling on ya. Like a heavy itch you just MUST scratch.

I'll add one more as the other ones on this page don't really apply to me that much but, one more I noticed was my mouth. Sometimes I just cannot shut up. I'm one of those people that has to be told to shut up to stop sometimes. I can sense when I piss a person off and I quickly chill down, but when in the heat of conversation, I've been known to talk for hours. I'll sit there with someone and talk about everything and anything,....and when I look at the clock I notice I'm 2 hours late for my appointment. I've always been very active and very social, and whilst I usually discuss ideas that seem to spark peoples interest, I am still to find a person that knows more about me than I do about them. Strangely enough I'm the one that usually does most of the talking and it never seems like just crap, but I always seem to find out more about the others. :?
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sleeping in class was the most bad habit of mine.....i always bore quickly on class (not to mention it's hot and less ventilation inside) so that's why my eyes blinks down and there....

Quote:
Daydreaming is a big one for me. Sometimes I even daydream about hanging out, visiting this forum, driving, etc. during tests

same goes for me also......i dream of many things.....really!! ^_^

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
And finally, I can't look at a pretty girl in the eyes during a conversation. This gets me in loads of trouble for different reasons. Everyone knows about it, so everyone gets a different response. Some get angry that I'm not looking at them, thus not paying attention. Others think I'm shallow, because apparently if I can't look at a girl during a conversation, they automatically assume that I think their only good quality is their looks. And then some other girls, who know about it, force me to look at them during the whole conversation just to have fun with me. In that scenario, that's not good for me, because my other bad habit is blushing uncontrollably (I can't help it, but it's still not good).

Heh heh my man, I used to have that same problem. I found a few ways around it that I'll share with you.

1) Start complementing her. Complimenting her, aside from putting you into the good books, will make her slightly nervous, and thus force her to shake eye contact (maybe to blush or look down in shyness, etc,.). Remember, as Chris Rock said "Women need food, water and compliments...and the occasional pair of shoes". It stops her from focusing on you and makes her focus on herself. And it gets you everywhere, although it may seem unnatural at first, it's ass kissing. Some guys are good at it, others are bad.

2) I found that maintaining eye contact is much easier when indoors and sitting down.

3) Completely instigate the talking. This may sound like a bad idea because it takes the whole 'is she interested or not?' question and blurs it even more than it already is (it's in the gestures, not the conversation that you can find this out). Talk randomly about inane things, but always have some sort of a point. If you're eyes are always moving and darting around and you talk alot (hand gestures are your friend too!) that paints you as (good)'strange' or 'lively', or even the holy grail, 'confident'. Make it work to your advantage, and if you prefer a little bit of mystery in your aura, end the conversations before she can', it drives them nuts!
(You might also consider a pair of sunglasses, but not a generic $3.99 pair. Get yourself some tyte-ass Dragons or Oakleys)

4) Some bullcrap story about how your family was messed when you were young and you never learned to maintain attention. It plays on their sympathies, but only if you word it correctly. Something along the lines of 'Oh, it's a deep-seated childhood thing, whatever, I'm sure you don't want to hear about it'. Then of course she'll ask you about it, and now you have an excuse to be looking at their titties when you talk!

5) Look at another facial feature, like the lips or even her hair.

Hope this helps. It's not exactly a crippling condition though. I can maintain eye contact with anyone (furious blue eyes mean I win any and all stare-downs) but I met a girl last month that I can't look in the eyes (bright green, like Yaza Plains in S3 green, boo-yah!). I just look at her lips instead :D
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THe_Hot_Ice wrote:
(furious blue eyes mean I win any and all stare-downs)

I'll give you a contest. Never lost unless it was to a baby or a dog (you just don't win against them).

I've never seen stranger eyes than mine....they actually seem to change color (four shades actually......green, blue, brown and gray).

As for the eye contact and girls......you could do what Ice says but it all comes down to two things....honesty and confidence. Just tell em what you think and ALWAYS no metter how bad you feel make them feel like you're confident. It's best to be over-confident but not cocky. There is a fine line between the two and if you can't see it better to only stay confident.

All the chicks I've met thus far respond to confidence, the same way we respond to their good looks. They're all really after a guy whos sure of himself and who gives off that aura. In reality you don't even have to be confident, just pretend to be.....they'll like you for it and it'll strengthen your confidence over time. It also pays to tell the truth as they all have a LOT of chick friends and they do talk about this shit in the bathrooms......I've been there and I know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: