Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

slipped my mind
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: slipped my mind Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you know how lilly is grown in s2 and tuta. well how come Pilaka, Gabocha, hix, tengaar. come on freed has a child kinnison and others. what you think
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is that a sentence?
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SORRY let me rewrite. you know how some chars in S2 were little and now big in S3. EX. LILLY TUTA. SO WHY AREN'T THE OTHERS IN S3 LIKE PILAKA, GABOCHA. ALSO THE TEENS RINA, EILLIE, BOLGAN, HIX TENGAAR, KINNISON SHILO, MEG, MILLIE, YUZU, AND LITTLE PETE
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

first off, bggb, if you want others to answer your posts, make them coherent-yes, this means SENTENCES.

they were most likely not present because they served no purpose to the storyline (such as it was) or they couldn't find a feasible way to insert those individuals.

pilika is in harmonia as far as we know with no changes to her status; gabocha wouldn't have left two river unless his hero, gengen, did, so most likely, he is still there. kinnison/shiro returned to their forest as protectors; this being a time consuming and demanding job, it's unlikely they'd leave the area without cause.

hix and tengaar should have, by this time, completed hix's manhood journey and returned to warrior's village; as she was the chief's daughter, hix marrying her most likely put him in a position of importance, limiting their travelling.

meg had probably completed her trickster training, had belle and settled down somewhere. yuzu is still on her 'ranch' at the dunan castle.

rina/eilie and bolgan were off travelling the world; most likely, were somewhere else when sIII took place.

shilo wasn't really a member of the teen set; he was in his 20's. he may still be at dunan castle, running the chinochorrin game.

while these are merely speculations, they are plausible; not much canon is available on them post sII beyond the 'so and so did x' after the war was over.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because Grassland is not close to Dunan, and after 15 years, who knows, maybe some of them got married and decided to settle down instead of travelling a long way to the Grassland.
And since they dont have internet and television in the Suikoden world, news doesnt travel instantly. The Second Flame Champion War lasted a very short time, so even if those former stars wanted to help, the war might have been overed a LONG time after it ended.

Lily is from Tinto, BTW. and Tinto is right next to Zexen.
Tuta travelled around to help patients, and he just happened to the Grassland area at that time.
Most of the former stars' chaildren just happened to be around the area during the war.
So its not so strange.

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THANKS SORRY ABOUT THE COHERENT THING
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ho do you do the coherent thing. how do you make them click yes
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

coherent meaning what you're saying/asking is easily read/understood.

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rheo wrote:
Because Grassland is not close to Dunan,
(snip)

Well, Tinto is right next to Dunan...it doesn`t take Riou that long to travel there during S2. So, if the former starts wanted to help, couldn`t they just travel to Grassland and Zexen via Tinto?

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was nice to see all the returning characters, but it isn't like the story involves EVERYONE from previous games. Since it was a new game, they created a lot of new characters.
I admit, it would have been neat to see some of the other characters as they got older, but it also would ahve been a little odd if half of the Gensui2 cast just decided at once to travel to the grasslands and suddenly got pulled into the Gensui3 story. I think they chose to keep a pretty good number. (Even if they were older, I'm still kinda sad Vik & Flik weren't there though. Ah well, we all had characters we would have wanted in the game, I'm sure. It's impossible for Konami to do everything. I'm just glad Tuta was there!)
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
Rheo wrote:
Because Grassland is not close to Dunan,
(snip)

Well, Tinto is right next to Dunan...it doesn`t take Riou that long to travel there during S2. So, if the former starts wanted to help, couldn`t they just travel to Grassland and Zexen via Tinto?
technically...Tinto is...a bit far from the grasslands. You have to keep in mind that Lily travelled to the grasslands/Zexen 'on business' (rumors of Flame Champion being alive and he and his group raiding Tinto or something, etc)

Though Riou, Jowy, Nanami could've been made to have a cameo in Suikoden 3 it'd be a little awkward and pointless..(and I'm glad they didn't make a cameo...the idea of them designed in S3's 3D-ness would leave me a bit..... o.o)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't say that any of the individual characters' situations that we are given at the end of Suikoden II would make it unfeasible for them to appear in Suikoden III. If you ask me, Tuta didn't seem like a likely choice either. They could've put any one of them in Suikoden III and it would have been fine, as long as they connected them somewhat. But trying to put them all in would be overkill. Suikoden I and Suikoden II were very similar, and close in time, and the plots were kind of intertwined (some events from I helped cause the war in II), so a large amount of returning characters would kind of be expected. But Suikoden III was much different from the first two, so only a handful of returning characters really works.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On a side note, Shiro is only 9 in S2, but he's a dog.....

Anyway, i'd have thought it would be nice to see Eilie, Rina and Bolgan, especially if Bolgan is now smarter with all his studying... They were plausible to appear in S3, but ah well... Konami decided against it...

Also, i had hoped on seeing a grown Pilika as a Swordswoman... :D

But S3 did have a slight lack of returning characters... They should have kicked Yuber, Albert, Luc and Sarah off the stars and brought in 4 more returning characters. A little more returning characters will make the gamers happier..
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was against the Pilika thing. I don't know why but it just didn't fit right. I mean little sweet Pilika who was muted by Luca. She's going to go and fight as a big bad pascifist?
I mean Lily I understand, her character fits as a spoilt rotten girl. But Pilika might be sitting there still waiting for Jowy. She's not a character who can take things into her own matters. She'd as well be helping Jilia.
I thought it was a pity Sierra didn't appear. I mean regardless if she is Nash's wife or not, she had a true rune. And it'd be nice if she appeared for a good cause for humans. But then again I can't see any other motive for her to appear than that she has a true rune.

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you forget it's been 15 years; many things can happen in that short time that could alter her character-same goes for anyone else.

pilika may show up again, or not; it's suikoden, so anything goes, practically...the best thing-LUC IS STILL DEAD! *our personal favorite happening*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: