Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

great race
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you want to see for a new race?
Racoon-people
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Hawk-people(like the ducks but having wings also)
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Mouse-people
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Fariy
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
other/orginal
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
deer-people
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
selkie(bluntly a were-seal)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
people with purple skin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
toad or frog-people
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 43

Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont want any more races. Rather i want to vist the elves and the others thats weve already seen. The neokobolds (they couldent even use a orignal name) were bland and uninspiring. (you could argue like the entirety of suikoden 4)

If they create more for 5 it might backfire and bring the game down more. Granted after 4 theyd have to work preety hard for the game to be worse but stranger things have happened.

Personally id like to see more of the dwares we havent heard from them since suiko 1 i believe. Are they only found in the great forest? is there other settlements like there are with other species.

Btw the word "Race" is used to differantiate variations of a SPECIES. Sementicts i know but meh

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Star Dragon Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the Kobolds. The lizards were boring to me. Bring back Gengen!

I also liked the Dwarfs. Bring them back and acctually have someone join us!
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No more bleeding races. Kobolds I don't mind, the ducks I liked, Lizards were alright, Nekobolds (except Nalkul) irritate me, and the mermaids were lame lame lame lame lame lame.

I say we get a chance to see some settlements of a few of these species from outside where we originally found them. I was glad the elves had even the tiniest of roles in Suikoden IV, if only because it proves there are elf settlements outside of Toran. I don't even like elves. So far there are no dwarves outside of Toran, no kobold villages outside Toran and Dunan, only one duck and lizard village each, both in Grasslands, one teeny Nekobold settlement in the Islands, and a few loose mermaids. I want to see more villages, for crying out loud- especially for the ducks!

As far as I can tell, there's probably a Kobold village in Harmonia, because there's a big deal with Kobolds being slaves and so forth. Other than that, nobody ever even mentions other races outside of their own country. It's getting tiresome.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Races? Dogs, cats, duck and lizards in humanoid form are certainly "FILLED" with imagination, and elves, wingers, mermaids and dwarves are already long created.

I would certainly like a new race of people, not affected by any legends or myths. The flying squirrels were a good idea (at least, they were imaginative). The Karna tribe is a decent idea, calvary on houseflies, as is the idea of Alma Kinan, but that is about it.

Please, no more humanoids. Or at least, not ones that are cute yet irritating, do almost nothing but slack and sleep all day and have the crappiest unite attack *CoughKaykoboldsCough*. How about some strong, powerful creature type ala Ronso from FF10?

I was kind of thinking some speedy creature that wields daggers, yet has low defence. Hows that?
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Toad/Frog people would be great. I'm tired of seeing races that are too human like. It's great to see non-mammal races in fantasy, but the mermaid things from Suikoden 4 were a let down.

And it would be nice if they named the species of the "Assassin" that fought alongside Brandeau.

^Actual quote!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The assassin was of a different race? I thought he was just some kind of creepy little deformed human...hm, nevermind.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
The assassin was of a different race? I thought he was just some kind of creepy little deformed human...hm, nevermind.

The assassin I believe to be human - he was quite amusing as he reminded me of characters from Ninja Scroll. I would like to see fairies, only for the reason that I dont believe all the intelligent races in a world should necessarily be the same size. Even if the fairy was a familiar of another star - there are holly fairies and pixies we've seen as enemies.

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They should expand the culture and habits of the existing reaces, rather then making weak developed new ones. Personaly I didn't like the races in suikoden 3. They were just to standard. Ducks and Lizards, we all know what they are. I did like the Wingers and the Kobolds because they had much more personality. Maybe if they add one other race, it would be nice. Or maybe if you get a HERO in a different race then human, so you can se things from their perspective. Mouse-peple would be alright I guess, they can make them like real mouses: always in danger, lowest in the 'foodchain', constantly on the run.

I'm so good in bed, for me even a mermaid spreads her legs
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gari wrote:

ummm...

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gari wrote:
. Mouse-peple would be alright I guess, they can make them like real mouses: always in danger, lowest in the 'foodchain', constantly on the run.

yeh it could be made darker, so the mouse people are like 3 feet tall, and everyone eats them, as a hero, you can be a vegiterian, and not eat them and stand up and free them, these folk are a sentient/sapient as the next fellow, "stop eating them". what a noble crusade? or hell ditch that and your guy could go and eat them as well. people eat mice...well a guy in the movie "never cry wolf", did, but those were voles, and he had reasons.

gari wrote:

quote of the week folks. :( hey what if they were traditonal mer's? no leggs. man this is a suikoden forum. take it elsewhere. that is horrble. *runs away*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

gari... You are quite aware you could be suspended for that one sentence... :(
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Selkies. I read up on Celtic fantasy books that mentioned selkies. And since mention of them tended to be more tragic, if would make potential fighters out of the Chitan (Kuromimi, Gengen, Wilder and Nalkul) and Chikoku (Gon, Gabocha, Rhett and Champo) stars.

Plus, i wonder what were-seals would look like. I imagine them to look pretty creepy.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pff, I can think of a lot more shocking things to say. Do you guys watch TV? I guess not, or that wouldn't freak you out so much.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gari wrote:
Pff, I can think of a lot more shocking things to say. Do you guys watch TV? I guess not, or that wouldn't freak you out so much.

oh the internet land has more horrors. *coughs* and furries.

anway...I wonder if elemetals still would work, but I still feel its not very suikoden-y. maybe for another game. or prehaps like in the farie=holly elf cause you can get a monster, or soone who shapeshifts.

ah theres an idea. shapeshifters or "somthing like it" but they won't shift, because they need to "hide" themeselfs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see a new race in Suikoden, but I don't particularly mind how said new race looks or what said new race is, really. To me it seems like they're adding more than one each game, and eventually they're going to reach them all. At some point, I don't know when, but some point I would like to see all the races unite. A representative of every race in a party and have them slay robots or something. You know, the anti-carbon based lifeforms. Like Gadget Z to the extreme.

Personally, I would like to have the race be original not just a modge podge of another species and a human. You can only do that but so many times before you either run out of races or all the races get old. That's what Star Trek and Star Wars had going for them, orignal races each of them with their own home planet and strengths and weaknesses. It conveys the idea that your universe is more expansive than just some random creatures thrown in here and there to make it seem that way. You have to really sell the idea. And to sell it, there cannot be harmony between the races.

If I had to choose between the races predetermined by the poll above, I would say racoon people, because Racoons have such cool faces, they look like theives and you could have them stealing things all the time, it would be great, whilst still being cliche, but I don't care, I would still enjoy it. It's wholesome and good. And if they had racoon people, they could have the awesome tails taht Racoons and squirrels enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: