Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Two Questions On Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Two Questions On Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Qns: What games are you playing now?
Ans: Shin Megami Tensei: DDS, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, DW5 (Meng Huo sucks as a character)...

Qns: What games are you looking forward to being released?
Ans: Shin Megami Tensei: DDS2 (Some of Atlus Games are underappreciated...)

Comments, please?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What games are you playing now?
Suikoden IV
Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

What games are you looking forward to being released?
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts II
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Scared Tomb
Arc The Lad: End of Darkness
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Legendia
......to name but a few......
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Alphabetic Order:
Koudelka
SaGa Frontier II
Shin Megami Tensie Degital Devil Saga
Suikoden IV

What games are you looking forward to being released?
In Alphabetic Order:
Grandia III
Phantom Kingdom
Shadow Hearts From the New World
Shin Megami Tensie Degital Devil Saga II
Radiata Stories

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Qns: What games are you playing now?
Ans: Suikoden 4. Finally, I say. Anything beyond that would be require me to draw lots. I'd probably go ahead and start Shin Megami Tensai or continue with Kingdom Hearts.

Qns: What games are you looking forward to being released?
Ans: Digital Devil Saga will do just fine. Everything else can wait a little while longer.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Qns:What games are you playing now?
Ans:Breath of Fire 4, Fire Emblem:TSS, Suikoden 2 (again), DOA2

Qns:What games ar you looking forward to being released?
Ans:Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana , The remake of Dragon Force, The Sims 2 (Ps2)
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits (bloody arenas!)

Final Fantasy 12
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 (it still kicks ass), Arc: Twilight of the Spirits, Silent Bomber, Football Manager 2005, Pro Evolution Soccer 4

What games are you looking foward to be released?
Suikoden 5 (or whichever name it will have), Duke Nukem Forever (forever I'll wait for this one...), Pro Evolution Soccer 5, Football Manager 2006

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm playing f-zero GX and Ikaruga.

i'm waiting for Castlevania Ds and whatever the new castlevania for Ps2 is called

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PLAYING

Star Ocean II
Kingdom Hearts
Ys VI

AWAITING

Suikoden V
Phantom Kingdom
Shadow the Hedgehog (^_^)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Playing Suikoden III for the second time and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening.

Awaiting Kingdom Hearts II, Wild Arms: Alter Code F, Samurai Western (which I think might actually be out already), Shining Force NEO (even though I know in my heart it'll be just terrible, I have hope for a Shining title that will once again be as good as Shining Force II was... sigh).

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Playing:

Finishing up Digital Devil Saga for the third time (Mastering Mantras for everyone, basically)

Waiting For:

Digital Devil Saga II
Wild Arms: Alter Code F
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question: What games are you playing now?

Answer: I only play one game at a time, or I start getting really stressed out and complain to friends and loved ones that I don't have enough time to play my video games. lol Anyway, I'm playing Dynasty Warriors 5, now. Trying to unlock everyone.

I guess to go back on what I said a little bit, when the PS2 is unavailable, you can fiind me playing Empire Earth II on PC. A VERY GOOD real-time strategy.

Question: What games are you looking forward to being released?

Answer: I really have NOT been reading my Game Informer magazine as much as I should. Honesly, I'm NOT that hyped up for Final Fantasy 12. Not that I won't buy it, but since it's been a long ways coming, it better blow me away! :P You could say that I'm the skeptic, though. I don't really think there's a chance with it comparing to the great ones. (Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy IV.) I hope it will, but we'll see.

The one game I know about that is coming out, and I'm looking forward to... Is Romance of the Three Kingdoms X. Again, I'm skeptical that it will be as good as VII, but I hope it is.

That's about it. I guess you could say that I'm looking forward to NCAA Football 2006, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to play it as much as I want to. I still have LOTS of anime to watch (that I need to) Xenosaga, and Growlanser to play. Not to mention that I want to play Romance of the Three Kingdoms again. :wink:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... have you played VIII or IX of Romance Sai? X's really a combination of those two. It takes the play as any character idea from VII and VIII and combines it with the more real time play of IX.

Like in IX there's a massive map of China that armies and officers move across in real time. Time is also now divided into days instead of periods. So you'll be assigned a task and you can choose how many days you'll work at it. Obviously the longer you work the more you'll get done, but you can also travel around and talk to other officers, or just spy or something.

They also have verbal duels now. They're not really very unique, but they are a chance for the INT and POL characters to show their badass sides like WAR guys do. It's also cool because they use these to work with the historical side of the game. For instance, Ma Su lost Jie Ting for Shu because he put his army on a hill and didn't build a defensive wall. However if you volunteer to go with Ma Su you can actually challenge him to a duel. If you beat him then he'll be forced to build a wall and thus Jie Ting will be prevented.

But uhh... topic.
Currently playing: Tales of Symphonia, Saga Frotier 2, Dynasty Warriors 5

Waiting for: Uhh... FF12 I suppose, ROTKX, and uhh... Kingdom Hearts 2, maybe Romancing Saga

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Shrew. I've tried both VIII and IX. I don't think I did too good a job with Romance IX. I played as He Jin, and got my rear handed to me by the Yellow Turbans. Not even Cao Cao could save my behind. lol

I didn't really like the whole real-time thing there. I think the game would've been better had it been turn-based, and gone off of the same battle types that they had in Romance VII. That's the most simple for me, and since it's the easiest for me to win... Well... I guess that means that it appeals to me more.

Also, I love being able to control officers when I want to. I think that was an exploit in Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII, but it's one that I found to be very convenient when bulding my empire, and defending it. (No, I didn't use it to make the other lieges surrender to me. :P)

As for VIII, it seems to be the favorite of most players. However for me, I didn't like how you could only make war once every three months, and it seemed as if the cultivation and commerce, as well as drilling and drafting was used in the same way. I found that to be icky, and I didn't like it. I think they also changed the battle system, or at least it looked that way, when I was watching my friend play it on my TV.

Just my opinions, though. lol It looks like I'm in the minority, but it's all good.

Oh, and just to be on topic...

I'm also waiting for Samurai Warriors 2. I heard from Gaara that Koei does plan on coming out with this one.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, 10 has it's own battle system that happens when a marching army actually reaches it's target. It's not like in IX where they sit there and slowly dwindle eachother down. You go into a strategic battle mode and have decision as to who wins. And because the game is real time, you can send armies out whenever you like. They just take a while to reach their destination.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: