Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV and ancestors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Suikoden IV and ancestors Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, if you haven't noticed, Suikoden IV is set 150 years before Suikoden I. >_>

Which means, above all else, that we get only one returning character from any other Suikoden game, and him only because he's already 150 at that point and lives to be another 150 (I'm talking, of course, about Cedric. Wait, Ted. I mean to say Ted). But then, in that wonderfully Suikodeny way, we do get a chance to see some of the plausible family members of the stars in earlier games- and in that wonderfully Suikodeny way, we also never get complete varification, only vague possibilities. Argh. Anyway, it is kind of fun to speculate about who is descended from who, and maybe get a bit of conversation going. Here's the connections that I've noticed.

Gary as an ancestor of Max and Fred- I never really noticed this one until someone here mentioned it- I think it was Scarlet Assassin, but correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, Gary links up with Fred and Max in the Tablet of Stars, but also shares similar features with Max (save for maybe his bizarre moustache). The role played by all three is similar as well, the independant knight (or all-around good guy) sacrificing his own agenda to help a heroic character achieve their own goals. Max joined Tir and Riou, Fred aided Chris and Nash, and Gary helped Flare and Setsu. Always a possibility.

Ema as an ancestor of Sancho and Rico- Similar to the above. They line up on the tablet of stars, and while Gary seems to be a lot easier on Ema than Max and Fred are on Sancho and Rico, the three all play a similar role. Also, Rico and Ema share similar features.

Yu as an ancestor of Tuta or Huan- I've been mulling this over for a while now. Huan and Yu sync up in the Tablet of Stars, but that could also be because they're both doctors- after all, Liukan and Mio are also Chirei stars. Yu and Huan/Tuta are also quite different in personality, Yu being driven by monetary needs, Huan and Tuta by philanthropic urges. However, in name and design, Yu and Huan/Tuta are very similar. In these two respects they are some of the few Asian characters, and their both falling into the same proffesion and in Huan's case, Star, it is easy to deduce that Yu could be an ancestor of Huan or Tuta.

Charlemagne as an acestor of Augustine- Sure, they look and act the same, and are both Chichin stars, but look at their names, more importantly. Charlemagne as in the Holy Roman Emperor, and Augustine as in the saint and philosopher. Two influential figures from Catholic History lending their names to characters. All these in mind, I think this connection is not farfetched.

Rita, Juppo, Meg, and Belle- Well, come on. The girls share the Chikei star, and they're all quite similar all that aside. Juppo is thrown in because he's Meg's uncle, so he's already related.

Reinbach III and the Narcissists- May not be actually related, but the vibe from the Narcissists (Vincent, Simone, Milich Oppenheimer) and the vibe you get from Reinbach is definetly intentionally similar. Plus, when you consider Milich, you can extend this relationship to Etienne and Kasios, due to their similarity in star, art, and purpose.

So what do we think? Anybody willing to bring forth evidence for or against, or suggest other ancestor/descendant relationships?

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually there are 3 if you count Viki and Jeanne since nothing has been printed saying that they aren't actually the same person in eack of the games.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gary and Ema are married and move to live in Toran after the war, it's nigh on certain that they're the ancestors of Maximillian to me anyway. At least I think that's all correct. As to the others, who knows, I certainly didn't get the impression anyone else was related but I've only played through once so far.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget Camile and Rachel. Both hot fiesty redheaded debt collectors that are chasing after a blonde. They both carry the same weapon too, and line up on the same star.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

highwind44029 wrote:
Don't forget Camile and Rachel. Both hot fiesty redheaded debt collectors that are chasing after a blonde. They both carry the same weapon too, and line up on the same star.

Grrr. I was just about to put that one up.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This one may just be a comparison without solid evidence of ancestry, but it's worth mentioning. Travis and Lotte. They both have rusty-red hair and are fond of cats, and they both require you to do an annoying task in order to recruit them.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Lord Dredd, we know that Viki is the same person and that Jeanne is not. That much Konami has confirmed. Viki isn't, however, a hundred fifty and more years old in the original games [or she doesn't necessarily have to be] because she timetravelled from the end of GS3 to the middle of GS4 where you find her. As she's done with every game so far.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously, the SIlverbergs.

Kika and Valeria maybe? Redheaded, strong women with Falcon runes and sword skills, I see a large possibility in this.

Helga and ROnnie Bell/Emily, large, tough women with mind's of their own.

Tal and Pahn? THe two definitely share a resemblance.

Sonya Schulen and Katarina Cott, now THIS is highly possible THey look quite a bit alike, and they match up on the stars list.

Mizuki and Kasumi, if you don't see the resemblance, you're blind. And I'd like to think that they're related because they're both cool.

I've got others but I'm lazy. Oh and it WAS me that pointed out Gary and max, I thought it was rather obvious myself.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gary and Ema as Max's ancestors is pretty much obvious. I doubt, however, that Ema is a descendent of Sancho and Rico because then they would be related by blood to Max and Fred and it would be kinda weird to serve your cousin like that. Knights and geneology would defintely be able to find that kind of connection.

I agree that Rachel and Camille are probably realted. The family business, family weapon thing. I do like how in that family, traditions are set on the female side of things. Go girl. BTW what are the names of Rachel's weapons? Are they the same as Camille's weapon names?

As for any others, other than obvious legacies (like the Silverbergs ... although Elenor never mentions a husband or kids, does she? Maybe she's an aunt instead of a mother) I think its all just us making connections based on characters with similar characteristics. Even some of the obvious parent/child relationships (Belle and Emily for example) have not been officially recognized by Konami (unless I'm really mistakes ... as always, correct me if I'm wrong), even though you have to be an idiot not to know.

Hey, who knows? Maybe there are some ancestors we would never think of.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
BTW what are the names of Rachel's weapons? Are they the same as Camille's weapon names?

Rachel: Garmr/Fenrir/Loki
Camille: Galm/Fenril/Loki

Of course we can't rely on weapon names alone. I've speculated about Reinbach and Milich who happened to have similar weapon names as well, but they could just be similar weapons too, but Camile and Rachel have so much similarities that it's almost impossible that they aren't related in some way.

wataru14 wrote:
Even some of the obvious parent/child relationships (Belle and Emily for example) have not been officially recognized by Konami (unless I'm really mistakes ... as always, correct me if I'm wrong), even though you have to be an idiot not to know.

I'm not sure about KCET, but Belle's similarity to Meg is so obvious, it's not even funny... and there's Gadget Z too. As for Emily, she had a bath conversation (with Sanae Y and Sharon) about how her mother served in the Toran Liberation Army, so there's the subtle hint about her. Her outfit is very similar to Ronnie so it's not that hard to figure out either.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooooh! I like the idea of Gary and Ema moving to Toran and starting the knights tradition. I thought their ending was so odd, because so much of their dialogue seemed to be about how much they loved the land, and then they up and moved to Toran from their visit in the Island Nations. Perhaps Maximillians and Sancho's families both descend from this line? It would explain the closeness if all the pairs were cousins.

During the game, I was convinced that Tal was Pahn's Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather. Somewhat similiar features, very similar attitudes.

Rachel and Camille are related for sure. Awesome to see that debt collecting is evidently a matriarichal family business in Toran. :lol:

Ameria kind of reminds me of Elaine, but not enough to make me think they're related.

Harukaze wrote:
Actually, Lord Dredd, we know that Viki is the same person and that Jeanne is not. That much Konami has confirmed. Viki isn't, however, a hundred fifty and more years old in the original games [or she doesn't necessarily have to be] because she timetravelled from the end of GS3 to the middle of GS4 where you find her. As she's done with every game so far.

When did Konami confirm that all the Jeane's aren't the same? I know they've hinted at it once, but they've never come out and confirmed it, AFAIK. Did I miss something? ^^;

Also, do we know the Viki of Suikoden IV is Viki directly from Suikoden III? She doesn't mention anything about the events of Suikoden III (eg "Huh? Where is everybody? I was just seeing them home - and?" or the like) and in both Suikoden II and III, she mentioned something about whatever her ending was in the last one. (Eg "Sneezes and teleports during celebration feast" ending -> Viki shows up with dinner utensils and comments on the celebration/fest/whatnot.) The Viki of Suikoden IV, I think, seems more like the Viki of Suikoden I - needing someone "strong" to protect her. I thought it was Suikoden IV Viki ->Suikoden I Viki-Suikoden II Viki-Suikoden III Viki. Is it ever said that Viki in Suiokoden IV has just come from the events of Suikoden III?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*you should be a bit less CONDESCENDING, arenegeth...it's really annoying*

It hasn't being confirmed that Jeane is not the same, that was something some developer said in an interview and that was a joke (or not) that there is a family of Jean's, an individual, Konami officially haven't said anything other than Jeane agelessness doesn't come from a True Rune. (Agelessness which kind of confirms that "she" is)

About Gary, is almost certain because of his amulet if you noticed, he has the phoenix on his amulet, which as you know is the emblem for the Maximilian's about Ema it couldn't fit, because Sancho as far as I know is not blood related to Maximilian, and Ema is Gary's wife.

And Vicky doe's not necessarily teleported there from III it could even be from a Suikoden that hasn't being made yet, however due to certain things it was certain that she teleported from another Suikoden with Jeane involved.

For Camille and Rachel it could be but then again some stars are made to look the same, is possible though.

For Meg and Belle is possible in the same manner that is for Camille and Rachel.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Is it ever said that Viki in Suiokoden IV has just come from the events of Suikoden III?

I think that's a big misconception, just because IV was released after III doesn't necessarily mean Viki came from III to IV.

Sophita wrote:
I thought it was Suikoden IV Viki ->Suikoden I Viki-Suikoden II Viki-Suikoden III Viki.

That's what I thought too, especially after I replayed Suikoden I, when Viki said "The Empire? Which one?" after asking where she is at the Great Forest. She may not have come directly from Kooluk, but the Kooluk and Scarlet Moon are the only empires we know of in the Suikoden world, though another one could exist before and after Suikoden IV, but for now I'm sticking to this theory.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahem, Vicky went from I to II that much is certain.

*this is a commonly known fact, something you need not point out*

There is a letter in the comment box sent to Tir that is why, and then Vicky sends another saying she didn't mean it for you (Riou).

And if you guys have seen the bath scene in IV with Vicky and Jeane you would know that she was on a Suikoden with Jeane before IV (by before I don't mean time wise of course) and there is indication by Jeane's respond that she remembers too which could be proved time wise. (All that is not 100% certain)

But keep in mind if by chance you read my post that she might have come from a yet to be made Suikoden.

And the Empire thing is relevant since Vicky passes though time and space, the Empire she might have being talking about may have being years in the future.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

the Empire she might have being talking about may have being years in the future.

Or it could've been Aronia for all we know.

Anyway, I have another one, Ameria and Oulan, gorgeous, redheaded mercs with the same hairstyle. It's probably a pipe dream but hey, I can imagine can't I?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: