Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Europeans who have suikoden 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Europeans who have suikoden 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I've now got the American version of Suikoden 3 I was wondering something, when I booted it up I was asked the question if I wanted to load data from suikoden 2 off my memory card, the real question here though is does the PAL suikoden 2 data allow me to access the extras on Suikoden 3 or will it just make my game to go loopdeloop because of conflicting information (caused by changes between the NTSC and PAL release I would guess)?

Has anyone actually tried this and have a conclusive answer, if not I'm going to have to complete suikoden 2 again to check this out for myself and I was hoping someone could save me the trouble.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not played Suikoden III but I can confirm this.

PAL memory card data is NOT compatible in any form with NTSC games and vice-versa. You cannot upload PAL Suikoden I and II data into an NTSC copy of Suikoden III.

The Suikoden III disc will not read the information at all, it may as well not exist. For an analogy, it's on a different plain of existance. Suikoden III can only 'see' NTSC file data even if PAL data exists on the card it's 'looking' at.

If you want to upload Suikoden I and II data, you're going to need NTSC saves from the NTSC versions of the game.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cheers John, that saves me an effort to test it, and it's what i suspected would be the case. I figured there was always hope however slim it was though.

Last edited by Exile on Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have a dexdrive, you can find some gamesaves of it at Suikosource (scroll down; I believe the last one is the one you'd want to download and load) and there are some at gamefaqs for Suikoden two. Not sure if those will give you the S1 bonus or not; I don't have a dex drive.

If you don't have a dex drive, you might want to download NA saves from Suikosource or Gamefaqs and try to experiment with them. Not sure if they'll give you the bonuses or not, either; don't have a PS2 to computer saver either.

(At least, I'm relatively sure the Suikosource saves are NA. They don't have a marking, and the site seems US based for the most part. Gamefaqs ones are marked.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I lack the required gizmos to go and get downloaded save files onto a memory card for usage but thanks anyway for providing me links to those Sophita. I'm not desperate enough to buy the things I'd need just for two more of Nadir's little screenplays, I think they were the only bonus content you got weren't they?

The Neclord one did sound kinda fun but I'll live without it for now. :)

Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That and a bonus for the few character carry overs and possibly an entry in one of the old books that mentions whatever you called the army (I think) in S2, otherwise it will probably be "Dunan." That's all I can remember.

Gamefaqs does have the script for all characters for the plays, too, so it's not like you're missing too much. ^_^;

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mind, I'm a perfectionist and I have known about this for some time now.

This will be hard to swallow, I may look for the NTSC version of Suikoden I&II or I may use dex-drive, but I doubt I will be able to convince my self to do so, so making perfect playthroughs of I&II twice seems inevitable.

Arghh Konami I will remember this.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well all my Suikoden's are the NTSC version so i never had that problem. I got fed up trying to find them in Ireland so i imported the lot.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Well all my Suikoden's are the NTSC version so i never had that problem. I got fed up trying to find them in Ireland so i imported the lot.

You're lucky.

I was going to get the US and Japanese versions of the games anyway, the thing that bothers are the perfect playthrough's, especially of II.

Some minor details or some bug might spoil hours of gameplay.
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which is why save - and saving often, on multiple files - is a definately good idea, I think.

John Layfield wrote:
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember when I had no knowledge of this problem several years ago and got frequently annoyed for not knowing why my Suikoden data would not load into my Suikoden 2 data. Considering I owned an original PAL Suikoden 1, and an NTSC Suikoden 2 it proved difficult for me to get by this common issue.

I prevailed in the end though, and my Suikoden 2 data transferred perfectly over to my Suikoden 3 (NTSC). My Suikoden 4 is also NTSC (not that it mattered) but since it did not load S3's data that really did not matter, but you never know, it may help out in the future...
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Which is why save - and saving often, on multiple files - is a definately good idea, I think.

I know, that is why I keep a whole memory card dedicated to this, but Suikoden II holds 2 blocks which limits my flexibility, and the thing is with Clive's quest I will have to use the 00:00 time cheat using codebreaker or something similar which I haven't done before and that will complicate things even more.

What more do I have to go through for the sake of perfection.

By the way the reason I'm going to use the clock cheat is because if I don't, I wont be able to do the Clive's quest and defeat Rowdy and the colored intro and stuff.

And all the above twice, oh the horror.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In regards to the 00:00 Clock Cheat, it is the only possible way to complete the game 100%. But still, I could never go through 108 battles at the start of the game for the color intro. I mean, I could if I wanted to, but it just takes too long and I always tend to give up. I think the furthest I have managed to get to without 'stuffing' the idea was around 70. If that. It would be nice to see the intro in color but it just takes too much of my valued time :wink:

Eh, maybe one day. (That is my philosophy).
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm with Goldmember. Except I own PAL version of Suikoden I, II and IV and NTSC versions of them all.

Just because.

I'm a perfectionist and don't like using DEX Drives. So I bought I and II to upload NTSC data to Suikoden III.

I bought Suikoden IV NTSC so I could compare the PAL/NTSC versions, but I got a little bored doing that, so I just played the PAL instead and NTSC remains mostly untouched.

I also own the a German/PAL Suikoden II copy and a Japanese Suikoden IV game as well. Why? I don't know.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I own all the NTSC versions of I-IV.

But then.... I live in Canada.

Well then.

Anyway, transferring data to Suikoden III isn't all that exciting. Tell you the truth, if nobody had told me what happens, I probably never would have noticed the difference between transferred and untransferred games. Transferring from I to II can't be missed, but from II to III nothing cool happens.

If you want a fun play, just do Romeo and Juliet. It's always a winner =)

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: