Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Moments to mute the TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Moments to mute the TV Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ever had a moment where something dumb, stupid, or freaky happened in a game.

A good example of this is in the scene in FFX between Yuna and Tidus (laughter scene) 3 words: SKIP FUNCTION PLEASE!!!

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All sequences in Metal Gear Solid 2 which Raiden speaks.
Hopefully, you can skip all of those :twisted:

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to second the Yuna/Tidus "laugh" scene in Final Fantasy X. I generally have no problem with the Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy X-2 voice cast but that scene is just cringe-inducing.

By the way, nice Zhang Jiao avatar, DHA.

I don't have much of these moments on my own. I sometimes mute the television if an overly emotional scene happens and I've already seen the movie or show, however.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, I mute the TV whenever i'm watching an anime or something, and someone starts yelling. Can't stand that. And the person is always screaming over somethihng stupid. ex: Chidori Kaname screaming at Souske in Full Metal Panic Fumoffu "WHAT! YOU FORGOT MY HOMEWORK! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? HUH?".

and as for Final Fantasy X, i pretty much could have played the whole thing muted.

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
All sequences in Metal Gear Solid 2 which Raiden speaks.

There are rumors that Raiden might be in MGS4 (All gasp and cry: NOOOOO!!!!!!)

Quote:
I'd have to second the Yuna/Tidus "laugh" scene in Final Fantasy X. I generally have no problem with the Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy X-2 voice cast but that scene is just cringe-inducing.

By the way, nice Zhang Jiao avatar, DHA.

I don't have much of these moments on my own. I sometimes mute the television if an overly emotional scene happens and I've already seen the movie or show, however.

Same with the voices, I also hate the one where Tidus leaps up, graps a megaphone from nowhere and yells that the Aurochs are gonna kick A** at the intro to Luca.

Thank you, and also thank Iscalio, he's the one who provided me with the link

Quote:
For me, I mute the TV whenever i'm watching an anime or something, and someone starts yelling. Can't stand that. And the person is always screaming over somethihng stupid. ex: Chidori Kaname screaming at Souske in Full Metal Panic Fumoffu "WHAT! YOU FORGOT MY HOMEWORK! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? HUH?".

and as for Final Fantasy X, i pretty much could have played the whole thing muted.

Indeed or when someone says something for the 5th time like "I shall defeat you!!"

And I don't know about muting all of FFX but 40% at least :P

~Tinto~
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There are rumors that Raiden might be in MGS4 (All gasp and cry: NOOOOO!!!!!!)

Those are not rumours ("all gasp and cry:NOOOOOO!!!") he will be there.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/screens.html?page =1

See the 3rd. guy from the left (the one carrying a baby)? Someone familiar?

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I found in PSM magizine, lotsa old faces there

~Tinto~
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Tidus, Yuna scene was horrible. Just so horrible... and not in the mute the TV kind of way. It's horrible in the let it play full blast in hopes of harnessing the horribleness to use against our enemies kind of way.

Nel's two assistants in SO3 were horrible... it sounded like... Mickey Mouse after inhaling helium after being kicked in the nads.

EA Sports Madden has many mute moments. "I wouldn't even call that a run. That's more of a limp up the middle." -- after the first week I don't even play the game with any volume.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure... about 85% of Xenosaga Ep. 2. First time I ever intentionally muted a game because I was not a fan of the music. I even went so far as to listen to other music while playing.

Oddly, I found the Tidus/Yuna laugh scene from FFX hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I felt a little embarassed when I first saw the Tidus/ Yuna scene. and at that point, i started to lose interset in Final Fantasy.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never during a cutscene though yes that laughing scene in Final Fantasy ten with the whole laughing thing was beyond annoying I had to sit through it. Though from now on it would not be that bad of an idea to just mute it next time I sit through the game I will remember to do so. Now there have been several games where the music for the game itself drove me so insane that muting it would be the only option. However I cannot remember any of them specifically off hand right now but I am sure at some point later I will remember at least one of them.

Going into things besides games any time that Britney Spears, either of the Simpson girls or pretty much any pop garbage. band came on tv I have muted them. My apologies to anyone who likes that style of music but with my opinion I dont really know how else best to describe it.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy000 wrote:
EA Sports Madden has many mute moments. "I wouldn't even call that a run. That's more of a limp up the middle." -- after the first week I don't even play the game with any volume.

You have to admit that the first 5 times you hear it it's funny though. It does get bothersome after a while though.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that the laughing scene was funny. If you can sit through Auron's dark and brooding under tone the whole game, and think of it as realistic, then you can tolerate Yuna and Tidus getting giggly.

FFX was among the greater voice acting in games. Same with SO3. But what I don't get is why these people speak in voices that no one else on this earth would. All of them are well done, on their own, but realistically? Who talks like that? Thankfully, Yuna improved in FFX-2. But every one of the voices in rpg's seem to be so different and stand-alone-ish, you end up wondering why everyone else in reality sounds so plain :P Gosh squeenix. Give us some real dialogue, from real people.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All of Fatel Frame 1 and 2? So scary >_<
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any game where you are forced to fight hundreds of random battles in a row to progress somewhere. No matter what game you are playing, this gets to you very quickly. This is a time when I usually 'mute' my TV. Sometimes even with a hammer or brick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: