Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anyone upset that Namco X Capcom is not in US/Canada/UK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Anyone upset that Namco X Capcom is not in US/Canada/UK? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.petitiononline.com/NamXCap/petition.html

Just do it, even if it does not work, it doesn't help to at least sign. Do it for the hell of it.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhm, information please? There's not a lot to go on here, and if you want people to sign for something, you should give us some links to uhm, look at before we sign. If you don't give people something to discuss, then this topic isn't really worth being kept open.

Like, uhm, what characters are in it? Is the fighting more based on capcom' s system or one of namcos? Details!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Namco X Capcom is a crazy RPG with over 200 capcom and namco character cameos that span across several videogame world including Xenosaga and Breath of Fire. You can check it our here.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/namxcap/namxcap.html
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't there a forum for this type of topic? Oh yeah, I think it's called the Game and Anime Discussion Forum.
Son Morckxoff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't the game just come out in Japan?

Who says they're not going to bring it out in the rest of the world?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

topic moved to appropriate forum; this thread will be closed if the writer cannot/will not provide more info, such as a VALID reason for signing a petition, and what the subject is about in depth beyond 'because you...'

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i guess the petition is here to bring Namco X Capcom in the US/Europa . . .

Imo, it's a little bit early to do something like that. Namco X Capcom was released in Japan a few days ago, and there's already petitions to ask for us/pal versions . . .
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never knew it /wasn't/ coming to the US. I had only assumed, but I'm thinking it's in Capcom's best interest to bring it here, since it's got characters from well-known games. It's also being made by Monolith Soft, and to my knowledge, most if not all of their games have come here already.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently, reports have said that Namco is not interested in bringing the title to North America. It was mentioned in a meeting of some sort, I guess.

EDIT: Have I mentioned how much I love the word "apparent"?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

keep in mind that a petition will most likely do one thing: SQUAT. if the company who creates/produces it feels that they won't make an appreciable profit, they won't release it, no matter what people do.

*re: suikogaiden*

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, even though I agree, giving a text adventure as an example wasn't a great idea. Companies throw away plans to localize them by default.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a real shame, as well, as I enjoy a good text adventure. When I had my first computer roughly 20 years ago (an Apple II), text adventures made up the bulk of the games we had. Hell, I even had some mild success at writing my own programs, but was never really creative enough to create a fully functional game, though I did put together a pretty good scrolling credits sequence. It's amazing what you can figure out once you learn how to view the source code of a game. :wink:

On the topic at hand, if the petition would do any good, I'd sign it since what info I've seen of the game indicates it could be fun. But... wasn't the original Smash Bros. for the N64 originally planned to be just for the Japanese market? We all know that game made it to North America, so pehaps this one will see a localization at some point as well.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe not the best example, but it was the one that stuck out; considering that fighting style games have no appeal, i couldn't exactly cite one from memory, so i chose that, good or no.

Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, problem is, Namco X Capcom seems to be filled with vocals . . . i don't know anything about translating a game, but wouldn't that be quite slow to do, recording every speechs and all ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: