Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Suikoden race do you prefer?
Human
30%
 30%  [ 29 ]
Elf
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Kobold
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Winger
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Ney-Kobold
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Lizard
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Duck
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 96

Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Elves the best, they're graceful, peaceful and private people, not to mention the funky hair!

Last edited by Samantha Carter on Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the Wingers just because they are wierd also I like the dark hope we can play as them maybe fly.
Quote:

I like Elves the best

How in all the games there are only a few that are nice the others are argoant. We are so above Humans that is why :roll: they live hidden away.

CLERKS
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So? I know that some of the elves we have seen so far have been arrogant, i dont care, i still prefer them.
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragons. The have their own dimension and True Rune, innate if limited planeshifting, breath attacks, and can shred almost any human in abuot 20 seconds flat. And they have the record for best survival vs Nash using the Grosser Fluss. And they can take some serious punishment. Black stayed concious and stable for long enough to get Futch to the ground in SI after being blasted by Windy. They are also the strongest war unit in any of the games. SI Dragon knight unit. Just open a fight by using ninjas to find the enemy plan and if it isn't archers, Dragon Knight them. Thats just the human world ones; it has bbeen stated that they are stronger in the World of Wings and Scales.
By the way, Yuber is definitely not human; he is from the World of Emptyness, the origin place for all summoning magic.
Also, Griffons do have a society, Ayla IRC refers to Feathers's being a prince as shown by his Shining Wind rune, and Hugo, I think implies that Fubar is not nattive to the Grasslands. Given that he also has a Shining Wind rune, Fubar and Feather being related is entirely possible.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duck. They are peaceable yet powerful, strong but refined. They are one of the most influential Grassland Tribes. Their city, too is awesome. I love the open air feel of it, plus it has the first lottery in the game.
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the Ducks. they speak softly and carry a big stick... er, halberd (get it? hal-bird? Bird?! HAH!)
not only that, in suikoden three sgt Joe was my favorite character.
a close second is the lizards
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with elves, regardless of the fact that most seem to hate them. I like their culture.
While there were some jerk off elves, there were also good natured ones to balance them out in most parts. There is just as much of a ratio with unpleasant humans to pleasant ones, in the end.
The arrogance of elves is based on the fact they're peace loving, and don't openly start these wars the humans are so wrapped up in constantly. That's the root of their arrogance, as they find war beyond them. In the same respect, they're not built for war, the concept of an elf never was, and thus, they are usually victims of war regardless of the story they're in.
While they may not be the most friendly of races, it's more avoiding war at all costs, and being nasty to those that start the wars which can harm their people, only seems natural if you ask me.

On that note however, there's always a bad apple in the bunch. I hate Stallion, he's a tool.

-My DeviantArt-
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because I'm lame, and I'm all about my own race above all others (hmm...nationalism i swonderful...)...I'll have to go with human. It's not at all a fair judgement, because there are so overwhelmingly more humans than there are any other species, and so therefore there are so many more characters for me to adore. As it stands, however, my top ten list of favourite Suikoden characters is, beyond all shadow of a doubt, entirely human...and so I have to go with human.

In the future, perhaps the elves, or dwarves, or some other race will get more of a role in the story, and be able to make themselves more appealing? (Not bloody likely, since it appears that Elves and Dwarves inhabit only the Scarlet Moon Empire / Toran Republic).

As for the other species, I found the Kobolds and Nay-Kobolds to be kind of annoying more than anything. Humans!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's nothing wrong in picking humans. I picked them.

Elves are okay. I liked Nei and Selma. I think that melee fighting elves are cooler than the typical archer elves.

Dwarves, i only know one: Twaikin. And we all know about his strengths.

Kobolds: Gau was a great fighter, but too surly.

Winger: Ugh, i'm not a big fan of them, even though they have their good points, like Landis (but i think it was that Blood Armor that made him better).

Ney-Kobolds: Their fast and martial artists. I like martial artists.

Lizards: Obviously one of hte strongest races in the Suikoworld.

Ducks: They would probably be my second favorite. Ducks are so cute. ^_^

But you can't go wrong with picking humans.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Human => Well I AM a human
Elf => Their strength is bad
Dwarf => Nope
Kobold => I don't like dog
Winger => I don't think so
Ney-Kobold => I'm a cat lover
Lizard => I guess no
Duck => No way
Other => What is other :?

I'll go with Ney-Kobold because they are cute ;)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, actually both the dogs and cats are also cute. Cute like ducks. But then again, so are bears, crocodiles, pelican and any other animal that can be represented as a stuffed animal. Yes, most, if not all, animals are cute and cuddly. ^_^

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Nay-Kobolds cause i thought they were quite funny and you use them in the best minigame in suikoden IV.
The houses they live are very cool in my opinion.:mrgreen:
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't bring myself to pick the Ney-Kobolds because of Champo.
I used Kirkis all the way through S1 but other than that I haven't used any elves.
The wingers would have been cooler if their wings were bigger.
Never used Twaikin.
The only Kobold I liked was Ridley and you can't even put him in your party.
Never used the Lizards.
I liked the ducks but Sgt Joe was the only one I used although if this was what race do you prefer to eat than the Ducks would be No 1.
But I've used humans in every game, they can wear cool clothes/armour, I'm a human plus they're the only race where the females are attractive :wink: so I guess I'll vote for the humans.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Voting for human is too simple, so my vote goes to Wingers. I dunno, they can fly and they are quick so I chose them. Although I hate Chaco, Sid and Landis were cool, and they seem to be the most "picked on" race of the Suiko world. Always judged as thieves, scandals, sneaks, etc.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
sergio123

Dark Enzeru

2393 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being a human myself i feel inclined to vote for them :D I mean, we're a nice enough race...
I mean when you compare us to some of the other races, we're actually quite kool.
Dwarfs are stingy and annoying.
Elves are stuck up :P
Kobolds....are human sized dogs :shock:
Wingers are...*points at Chaco* :evil:

*looks away for a moment...and mind drifts off towards Jeane :roll: :D *

Forget humans, i vote for whatever race Jeane belongs to...so i pick OTHER.

and please....Jeane is not a human 8-)

The world is a better place if we all :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: