Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Suikoden race do you prefer?
Human
30%
 30%  [ 29 ]
Elf
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Kobold
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Winger
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Ney-Kobold
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Lizard
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Duck
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 96

ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is lycanthrope a race?is it count as a human? I really like Bob's race hehe. :)

well if it isn't then I will go with kobolds maybe because of their pride with their race. They also show humility I guess and The Kobold seems honorable for me and also shows their might and seriousness in their battles. I always liked ridley's attitude anyway. But I can't think that they could dominate the human race though.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If vampires can count as a race, then Lycanthropes should. After all, in Suikoden, they are both humans at the base of things.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rexus Blade

Eternal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My choice of race, is one that no one will agree with... because in the entire Suiko universe, we've only seen one... Bob.

That's right Werewolves and as far as we know there is supposedly a caste of them in Harmonia and there was a clan in the grasslands but Windy took care of that...

I hope one of these upcoming sequels will have more history and details about Harmonia and hopefuly the Lycanthropes.

:mrgreen:
Lecx

Adelphos

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

argh! i voted the elves by accident! my real vote goes for the humans. because the humans has the ability to protect the world and has the responsibilty to protect it. Humans in the suiko world can be unstoppable if they are united under one banner and under one goal.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lecx wrote:
argh! i voted the elves by accident! my real vote goes for the humans. because the humans has the ability to protect the world and has the responsibilty to protect it. Humans in the suiko world can be unstoppable if they are united under one banner and under one goal.

*Starts to target Lecx with rotten eggs as s/he voted Elves* :twisted:
Lecx

Adelphos

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nooooooooooooo please halberdier have mercy on meeeeeeeeeee!!!! :( i voted the elves accidentaly !!!!!! :cry:
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Griffins as well, they are known to be violent (in the Forest Village example) and friendly like Feather and Fubar.

In the suikoden 3 manga, Fubar's aggresive at first. Well, tamed later on. Ah, and Griffin are considered dangerous beast... in the manga at least.

EDIT: What about chiepoo's race?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

What about chiepoo's race?

That is called Ney-Kobold, and is on the list...
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked the ducks. Someone has already mentioned it. They're pretty versatile. I'm not saying humans are, but humans are soooo passe. Besides, they also have an edge with the famous submerging village, and Sergeant Joe and Rhett are pretty great fighters (notice how I left out Wilder...). Sergeant Joe gets the Heavy Damage skill, as well as two rune slots, allowing him to utilize a Killer-Doublestrike rune combo. Rhett gets an A in the Damage skill, he can also get up to FOUR swings thanks to his high speed and A+ in Swing, AND he also gets two rune slots. And yes, I'm ignoring the fact that he's got a damn low skill.

There's also their commerce. One has already explained well how it is, so I don't need to add something.

Oh, and they're cute.

P.S. halberdier, how many times did I tell you not to throw rotten eggs at people?!?! They better not be duck eggs or I'm going to tell the Captain and you're gonna get it!!!!!!!! :evil:
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite race was the brave noble Kobolds i thought they were a very proud race and theres nothing they wouldn't do, i seen this when Kourumi was determined to find a cure for the Black rune thing and even went to the Dwarves for help. They are a bit stupid but cool.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As my username suggests.... Kobolds...

Humans stink... They're selfish and evil... They spoil everything... And well... They're boring...

And you forgot Lycanthropes, and Mermaids... Vampires too, but since they were once human...
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ducks, without a doubt. Who doesn't like a talking duck? (Rhetorical question, btw)

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i say humans because like what someone here said if they unite under one banner they would be unstoppable in the suikoden world.

Lazlo

Knights of Gaien

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nay-kobold. They're freaking TALKING CATS. That makes them rule.

I happen to like kitties...

Not to mention, Chiepoo was the most useful non-human character ever. Kuromimi was terrible. Sgt. Joe was cool, but not as good as Chiepoo. Chiepoo had some of the best stats of any character in a Suikoden game, IMO. He was above average in everything, extremely high Speed, Evasion, and Luck, and the only drawback was a slightly below average HP total? The guy kicked ass, pure and simple. ALWAYS stayed in my party from beginning to end.

And elves are dull.

Edit: I really hope we see a Nay-Kobold in 5...I doubt it though...
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too say the Nay-Kobolds. With the topic now being "Prefer" over "Superior" I prefer the Nay-Kobolds over the humans, kobolds, wigers, lizards etc...

And this is a remarksble statement because I've never completed Suikoden 4, in fact I've only seen Chiepoo. I know theres a few more in there, but I prefer the Nay-Kobolds because I love cats and I think they look the coolest.

If it were about the most superior, it would have to be humans because of the whole True Rune thing... Aside from Yuber which we don't know what he is, but I'd assume he was originally a human. Also the humans have been the most populous race and display the most intelligence (Silverburgs).

I'm not going to hate on any group because they are all useful in their own respects. Lizards are powerful, but hot-headed. Elves are great archers, but can act brashly towards other races. Dwarves are a hard one to jusge since the only playable one was Twaikin and judging from him, I'm impressed. I loved Twaikin. Wingers are another we don't know a whole lot about. We learned about them in Tworiver. Chaco and Sid were decent but nothing great and Landis is creepy. I never used Landis a lot so i can't judge. Ducks were definitely a great race, Sgt. Joe was by far one of the best characters in Suikoden 3. Rhett and Wilder seemed like weak weenies so i didn't use them. The same reason I didn't use Bazba and Shiba. Sgt. Joe and Dupa were the useful non humans in Suikoden 3. Kobolds are another race people are giving a lot of credit to as great. I agree to an extent. Ridley is the best general in Suikoden 2, no doubt and Boris, if you ever let Ridley die (damn you if you did!) was a cool guy. Kuromimi and Gon weren't great in Suikoden 1 though. Gengen and Gabocha were the same, not that great. I'd put gengen on par use with Chaco. Since Ridley can't be used in fights, I view Kobolds in Suikoden 2 on par with Wingers. In Suikoden 3 we see Muto and Gau. Gau being the only in combat kobold. He brings justice to the Kobold race being the 2nd best character from Duke's squad (Nicolas being the best). I actually found myself using the one eyes kobold because he's just that cool.

Favorite:
Nay-Kobold
Kobold
Winger
Duck
Human
Lizard
Elves
Dwarfs

Superiority:
Human
Kobold
Elves
Duck
Winger
Lizard
Dwarf
Nay-Kobold

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: