Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wow, was there really no Next-Gen Console Thread here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Wow, was there really no Next-Gen Console Thread here? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did this forum seriously end up going without a next-gen console thread? I remember the thread back when JNX (where is he, anyway?) posted speculations, but now that they've been released...

It's not unheard of, of course - I mean, not everyone cares. I'm just surprised, that's all.

So has everyone seen the coverage on the XBox 360, the PS3, and the Nintendo Revolution and formed early opinions, or are you all more patient and are waiting for more concrete information (especially from the Nintendo side of things)?
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
I remember the thread back when JNX (where is he, anyway?)

I did an investigation on that and it seems JNX was deleted off the forum.

I have seen a few pictures of the PS3 but thats all ive seen, as you said i am patient and im waiting for more concrete information.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read the PS3 is one of the leading ones....thogh It can be a tight race compaired to the X-box 360 (thank god it wasn't called Xenon or what ever it was going to be called...then again the N64 even had a differnt name before its debute)

I'm an idiot on technical specs, so I can't really give in put on what the things are, and what they mean. The PS3, again seems to be said its the most powerfull. but I take all will have mindblowing grapics.
all I could do is copy-paste info from sites.
---------
(yes JNX was banned and deleted. I wonder what he did?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do have a vague memory of a thread like that being here, but i don't really know.
Oh well, back to disscussion!Surely PS3 will lead as the best, as the craze of online games is getting everywhere, but surely not the best-selling console, as most people can't afford with the phone bills.Xbox 360 will have a leading start, as it is already backuped(is this a word?) by great games, such as Halo, of course, and etc.For Nintendo's next gen console, the data hasn't been really clear, so we can't really take a measure between the three yet.But surely enough, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will amaze us with the consoles, and yet only one shall be the victor of the best next gen console.
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SO far it looks to me like the X-box 360 is the first choice for the next round of console wars. I'm not really happy with a lot of thing sony has done in the last year or so. It's looks to me like Square-enix is going to put their eggs in microsofts basket and where they go so does the majority of RPG developers. It's really a shame because i don't like Bill Gates. Not from a business stand point but personly. I've met him twice and I just want to knock his teeth out. I hope Nintendo or Sony pulls there head out of there butt.
perfectcircle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was looking at live up to date content of the PS3 at 1up.com, it was simply amazing. 3.2 GHz processor? Thats better than my computer!
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooops, double post? :)

The XBox 360 is indeed the first of the next-gen consoles to be launched, with a date of Winter 2005. They really want to get it out for the Christmas rush.

The PS3 is scheduled to be released in Spring 2006. Nintendo's console has no announced release date, but many pundits suspect that it will be closer to Summer/Fall 2006.

Technical specs really don't mean much - what's important is the appearance of in-game play footage. A lot of the stuff shown at E3 was pre-rendered video and doesn't give a good sense of the consoles' power. The XBox 360 preview on MTV was botched up extremely nicely - they decided to show ancient screens of an alpha version of Perfect Dark Zero by Rare. IGN later reported that they got to go into the back room with Rare developers to see a new, absolutely stunning version of Perfect Dark running on prototype hardware which totally blew the publically-released screens away - and wondered why Microsoft would have withheld such impressive media.

While one may admire the PS3's attempts to go online - honestly, if you wanted Online Gaming, you would have gone with the XBox and XBox Live. Microsoft is the only console so far that has actually embraced online gaming and has delivered games on a regular basis that can be played online. The Playstation's lack of an Ethernet adapter makes online play by Sony still very sketchy, and while they may be incorporating it into the next version of their console (rumour has it that it'll be wireless only - sorry, people without wireless hardware) the fact remains that they're frankly not that familiar with incorporating a strong multiplayer network.

Nintendo's big appeal so far has been the mystery and intrigue. Nintendo's claimed for a long time that "technical specs don't matter anymore" to gaming and that what they're going to do is revolutionize the state of games. While there's been a lot of speculation about this (gyroscopic controllers - which sense tilting, or pressure-sensitive controllers that react to how you touch them are the most common speculations) Nintendo has kept quiet during E3 and instead talked about their offering of the old library of Nintendo games (from the NES, SNES, and N64 eras) and revealed a new Game Boy (the Game Boy Micro).

I suspect that this forum will mostly be PS3 friendly simply because everyone here is probably a Suikoden fan in some way or form, and suspects that Konami will release its next game on the PS3 just to be consistent. But who knows - Square Enix is releasing a copy of Final Fantasy XI for the XBox, and they're also releasing a new Crystal Chronicles on the Nintendo Revolution. There's been a big push by Nintendo to recruit second and third party publishers (Namco and Capcom are two biggies that come to mind).

The general consensus that I'm getting is that people are looking at Sony and Microsoft and are saying, "Meh". People are almost anticipating the death of the XBox. Almost everyone I know is looking with watering mouths at Nintendo, eagerly hanging on their every word, wondering what their revolution to the console industry is.

Because, quite frankly, the games industry kind of needs it. The games of this past generation have been remarkably similar to the games of the previous one - there's more sound and media, but the gameplay has mostly remained identical with no real changes.
perfectcircle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you can check out the full conferences at Gamespot.com
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gamestop and eb have been done with the so called "first shipment" pre orders of xbox 360 about 3 weeks ago... I'm putting my hopes on blockbuster game rush stores now, they been telling me that they can't take the pre orders until at least the final price is confirmed and they would be getting up to 50 units per store for launch since they were the #1 PSP seller at launch. I'm pretty sure there won't be much of a problem getting one at launch though, microsoft seem to be very prepared and the first xbox was able to have good supply by the holidays after launching in late october. Those game rush stores have some pretty good trade in deals, better than gamestop and eb anyways, I just hope they won't suspend my account between now and when the xbox 360 comes out so I can save some money on that system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: