Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The F1 Grand Prix
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, go Kimi!!!!! *waves the Iceman flag*

Well to me, so far it's easy to see that Renault and McLaren are the teams to be beat. BMW Williams are just like the usual stuff, hanging in there without being a competitive threat. Ferrari is just not good enough this year. BAR is hopeless while Red Bull seem to be the "mediocre team" that is consistently finishing between 4th to 10th in each race. LoL.

Renault definitely has the edge on the start because they always go very quickly whenever the lights just went out. And as we know about Formula 1, when you're ahead, it's not so easy to be taken over. So that's Renault's tactic, they go ahead quickly during the start, and then maintaining their position til the end of the race. With Alonso and Fisichella being great drivers, they are definitely the dangerous team this season.

McLaren, on the other hand, seem to have the fastest car this season. But like last year, the problem still seem to be the reliability of the car itself though fortunately they seem to be quite reliable lately (bar the Kimi's incident in European GP). Another problem for McLaren is Juan Pablo Montoya's performance that was definitely not up to his own standard so far. He's a good driver, but definitely needs more time to settle down with McLaren before getting the best of him.

Ferrari and BMW Williams are equal third IMO. Ferrari is just always a contender no matter how weak they are. Though they are quite reasonably weak this season, I think they still have the "luck" to get results. But personally speaking, their best result this season would be 2nd on the team's point. Alonso and Kimi would be the top 2 (hopefully Kimi first and Fernando second btw).

BMW Williams are the weakest of the strong. They're always up there during the qualifying but somehow lacking the touch on the race itself. Mark Webber is not as good as people think, and Nick Heidfeld would need some time to get used to driving a reasonably good car. I think it would've been better for BMW Williams to take David Coulthard at the beginning of the season to be an example for Mark Webber.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

My comments are I told you so. Button has no luck dammit!

This time it was his own error, it wasn't bad luck (who told him that he could go at any speed at the last corner?...).

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already said it was his fault right after I said he has no luck, try not to quote me out of context to make me look silly! (I'm just playing, I know you weren't doing that really)

Hm, he caught the curb as he went through the entry to that corner and his car bounced a little at the left front, I don't know if that could have affected his turning or the amount of traction he would of got as he came through causing the crash into the wall, he wasn't going that fast I don't think but with that in mind he came into the corner a little offline to the inside and it was entirely his fault for doing so.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Kimi Raikkonen here? I'd much prefer Fernando Alonso and Renault to win...been a while since Renault had their name attached to the championship, back in their days of collaboration with williams isn't it? I don't think they won it with Schumacher there anyway and I'm too lazy to look up the actual last time they won the constructors or driver championship.

Edit: Button himself claimed sole responsibility, saying he went wide into the previous corner and the resulting understeer took him into the wall. Simple enough.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Last edited by Exile on Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Button is not in his good performance.

Kimi show his skill this time if we remembering that he has control's problem.
I hope he can win again this time.
And Montoya, I'm so sad about him. Really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, ahhhh... You see... mmmmm... I mean...
Damn, what will say about USA GP?

Well, to start, since Ralf Schumacher's accident there was the Michelain's suggestion to its clients to not go for GP due to tire problems (they seem to bring the wrong tires for the US) so that no more accidents like that would happen. Even with much conversations between organization, FIA, Michelain and the teams, those don't really competed (and I remember that Michelain equips 7 of the 10 teams that F1 has). The Michelain equiped teams did the reconaissance lap and quited (making the GP an official one), leaving the Bridgeston equiped teams, Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi. The Ferrari made a joke of the GP, made the 2 first places (Michael Schumacher first, Rubens Barrichello second), Jordan was next, making the first podium in some years, and then Minardi occupying the remaining places.

The only thing positive about this GP:
Tiago Monteiro was 3rd, making him the first ever Portuguese to ever get to a podium in F1. He also amplied his record for "Rookies with more GP's completed consecutively".

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

USA GP was a disgrace. It was clearly Ferrari showing their ridiculous selfish self. Michelin asked the FIA to be allowed to use a new tyre to protect the drivers after what happened to Ralf (and then Zonta as well). FIA denied the request because it was against the rules (which was already under so many critisism due to what happened to Kimi in European GP). So Michelin asked the circuit to be modified by building a chicane to make the turn a little bit safer by forcing the drivers to slow down on that particular turn. This could be approved if all 10 teams agree. Well guess what? Almost all 10 agreed, except 1 scarlet Ferrari team. Geebus. Knowing that they won't win the race if it's fair and square, they resort to be cheap. Embarrassing, total disgrace to the fans and to the sport itself. It's always Ferrari that does that kind of thing (remember the Barichello braking like crazy to allow Michael get first position a few years ago?)

Ferrari is a disgrace to the sport

There, I've said it.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Ferrari is a disgrace to the sport

There, I've said it.

I will say it again then...

FERRARI IS A DISGRACE TO THE SPORT!

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not only what you said Pes, apparently Michelin were making the offer that they would run with the added chicane and the michelin runners wouldn't of even got points for their appearance. Ferrari's actions may well have damned the FIAs chances of breaking the lucrative American market with their selfishness. That will annoy a lot of people.

Also after talking to a total F1 nut (my brother) he tells me Ferrari denied ever being asked about anything like this today. They say they were never asked to vote on an issue like the one others here have mentioned. He probably read that news at planet-F1.com or something similar to that, I'm not certain of the exact address to be honest.

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That just wouldn't make sense. How come FIA asked 9 teams but Ferrari? That was just a load of bollocks by Ferrari. Really embarrassing if they really claimed that they had never been asked anything like that at all.

GIANT FINGER OF SHAME POINTED TO FERRARI

Hahahahaha, double shame on you, scarlet car.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I smell something fishy here.

Hmm why Max Mosley resist to not add the chicane. It's that really hard. I mean safety should be above anything. SOmetimes I like to see accident in F1 but still I hope noone hurt of course.

The one who disgrace to sport are not the Michelins' team users but Ferrari.

If FIA give a penalty to all Michelin's user, Ferrari might win again this year, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BMW recently anounced that will buy the majority of Sauber team. The effects of this will only begin at 1st January 2006, when BMW will assume the control of the team, so next year its name will probably be BMW-Sauber. Then, we'll see BMW motors in both Sauber and Williams, with none being prejudiced, at least for now.

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kimi done good yesterday. He got penalty because the trouble in his engine (so he had to change the engine) and start from the 13th grip (actually he's 3 but because of that penalty, his grip decreased 10 position). But even he started the race from grip 13th he can finish at 2nd position therefore he got 8 points and keep his position at the racer's rank as the 2nd behind Alonso.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although it was mostly due to the strategy of only 2 pit stops, which I found to be a great one at this GP. On the other hand, Alonso only had to control the race since its very beggining, making it a bit boring.

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was more than the 2-stop strategy. McLaren was definitely very quick and should be able to win the race had Kimi not got the 10-grid penalty for the start. He clocked in the third fastest qualifying time with such a heavy load compared to the lighter fueled non-McLaren cars. He'd easily win the race had he started at third grid instead of thirteenth.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or he could have got into an accident in the first corner because he started third instead of thirteenth. It's not a foregone conclusion that what you say would have occured Black Pesmerga, he was indeed fast on the day though and had a good race.

This brit was happy to see Button scoring some points, it's too little too late but I'm a tad happier with him at the least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: