Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

International Duel Tournament - Announcements and Regulations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
As much as I'd love to have another tournament, personally speaking, I think it shouldn't be done too soon or too often. The tournament should be something special, and would probably be more suitable to be held once every 4 phases or something.

And of course you can join up, Arenegeth. This is an individual tournament, not based on your nation whatsoever.

I agree it shouldn't be done each phase or immediately after one is over another one starts, but 4 phases in particular seem a lot to me, I think 3 would be more balanced.

And iscalio if you're reading this, since mercenaries don't have a nation banner would they be allowed to enter a custom one?

And what is this duel simulator everyone is talking about?

I haven't seen anything like that it would be good to test my self to some of similar level.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

www.suikox.com/forum/battle.php

That's the duel simulator for you Arenegeth.

Doing this tournament is quite a lot of work for iscalio, I know that much and I think 3 phases would be pushing it. I think better than setting an amount of time between these tournaments would be just to let iscalio and the admins spring the whole thing on us when they have the free time available to run it. It's just easier on all of them.

Kalidor, I'll look forward to a rematch if one is destined for us. However, with our difference in karma depending when things are set up I could be in a different class to you all together.

Arenegeth wrote:
since mercenaries don't have a nation banner would they be allowed to enter a custom one

iscalio made you guys a lovely banner for the tournament, I don't see why you'd want for anything else to represent you over that!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

www.suikox.com/forum/battle.php

That's the duel simulator for you Arenegeth.

Thanks for that I'll check it out.

Quote:

Doing this tournament is quite a lot of work for iscalio, I know that much and I think 3 phases would be pushing it. I think better than setting an amount of time between these tournaments would be just to let iscalio and the admins spring the whole thing on us when they have the free time available to run it. It's just easier on all of them.

You're right perhaps someone else should share some of the load, at least the write ups are good so I suppose that's where the time goes, but 3 phases can be a long time, I guess once this is over and depending on iscalio's mood they should consider when and if the next one is made, the reason for a set time is to be tidy sort to speak, it could mess with the phases in relation to victory counts if done whenever wherever, personal opinion.

Quote:

iscalio made you guys a lovely banner for the tournament, I don't see why you'd want for anything else to represent you over that!

No offence to iscalio but that...

That thing is not exactly something I would like to be representing me, so I would like my Dark Dragon Crest (whenever I make it or find something on the net), of course mercenaries who don't bother to submit custom ones get to keep the, eh default one, but if it can't be done I will understand...

And cry...
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
Hmmm the only thing that i am wondering is, i am surprised that no Harmonians entered into the competition.

Four actually did! Two of them didn't make it past the preliminaries, and the two who did both defected their homeland during the tournament (Shadow Wolf and Sai Fujiwara).

And there will be a tournament again - but I don't know when yet.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wondering, whose commands do you still need, iscalio? Or has everyone submitted their commands for the finals? And when's the deadline for the command submission?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still need the commands from punchdoll and Sophita.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, at least we now know that we're just waiting for the (hyped to be fun) report between Sai Fujiwara vs Harukaze. Hahahahaha. Niceeeeeeee~~~

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
Ah, at least we now know that we're just waiting for the (hyped to be fun) report between Sai Fujiwara vs Harukaze. Hahahahaha. Niceeeeeeee~~~

I actually haven't received the "funny dialogue" Harukaze had mentioned. I'll wait until midnight boardtime but then I'll go ahead and post the duel without it.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darn Grasslander didn't deliver .... can't keep their words, can they? Ironheads all the way then. *roots for Sai* j/k of course about the Grasslanders part. ^^;;

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze let me know that I shouldn't wait anymore, so I posted the duel. I hope you enjoy it even without Harukaze's additions.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
No offence to iscalio but that...

That thing is not exactly something I would like to be representing me, so I would like my Dark Dragon Crest (whenever I make it or find something on the net), of course mercenaries who don't bother to submit custom ones get to keep the, eh default one, but if it can't be done I will understand...

And cry...

I actually don't mind our banner. I think it is basic and that is kind of how i like it. I see my mercenaries as roaming fighters who have no dependence on anyone or anything other than fighting. That said, the banner is obviously not the most visually appealing thing, and it would be easy to create something a little cooler. But until one of the mercenaries takes the time to create a new one and make it available to Iscalio, I am fine with what we have. (our simple black banner saying Merc) I also wont be the one to create this new banner since i am not the most talented person when it comes to paint or photoshop. I am really not that worried about it though since it really isn't that big of a deal to me.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

But until one of the mercenaries takes the time to create a new one and make it available to Iscalio

There not exactly many of us out there for now, but I guess I could give it a shot, whatever contraption I can come up with could turn better than, that...

That thing...

Quote:

I think it is basic and that is kind of how i like it. I see my mercenaries as roaming fighters who have no dependence on anyone or anything other than fighting.

Yes, but why not do it in style!

Quote:

I am really not that worried about it though since it really isn't that big of a deal to me.

It's not THAT big of a deal to me either and if the eh, default one was a bit better I probably wouldn't mind, but since it can be improved why not improve it?

Anyway I will try to come up with something in general and with my own custom one if I can manage, fortunately it seems that it will take some time for the next tournament and that gives me time to make it.

For any suggestions to how it should look feel free to tell me.

And don't worry it will be dark; I don't deal in fruity colors.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dont get me wrong Black Pesmerga, I did not mean for them to make yet another battle tournament starting tommorow. I was talking more along the lines of someone volunteering to write out like individual meaningless battles put on for kicks and giggles. Just something we can all look at, and keep ourselves somewhat entertained in between phases. Could even be looked at, as warming up for the next duel tournament which would be held every 4-6 months or something along those lines. Just a thought though, so dont hold it against me.

I really dont see why you couldnt join in on the battles Arenegeth. Just because you are a mercenary doesnt mean, that you couldnt join up, to fight for personal glory. I know I would do so in your place as well, thats just me though.

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It's not THAT big of a deal to me either and if the eh, default one was a bit better I probably wouldn't mind, but since it can be improved why not improve it?

Anyway I will try to come up with something in general and with my own custom one if I can manage, fortunately it seems that it will take some time for the next tournament and that gives me time to make it.

For any suggestions to how it should look feel free to tell me.

And don't worry it will be dark; I don't deal in fruity colors.

Sounds good. Yea i think you will have plenty of time before the next tournament to come up with something. I really don't have any suggestions on it, but i think dark colors would be cool. Also if you need for me to search for any certain kind of pictures, just give me a holla.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, the Tournament of Sword and Shield is now over, and I hope everyone involved had fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: