Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What? No crush for the 4th? [Spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People suspect Kasumi and McDohl partly because of the additional scene in S2 if you do the McDohl sidequest with Kasumi in your party.

SPOILER!!!!!!

Hix has a crush on Tengaar.

>_>

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik wrote:

SPOILER!!!!!!

>_>

They go back to their village to get married, so the feeling is mutual.

I haven't seen any major hints of Millay liking the hero in that way, but I haven't gotten her confession story. Though she does seem grateful towards him.
Rene, Noah and Rita seem to like him as well. Though I had the feeling Rene actually liked him in that way.
Kika, well I do seem them as a good pair, but at the same time I can't really see them together either. Kika may feel she needs to be near the rune, but I don't see her being attracted to the hero himself.
Flare is another possibility, but she may be the Hero's silbling, so I can't really pair them. Plus Flare also seems to look out for the Hero like a little brother. I wouldn't mind incest, but I think the characters should know first before getting into that kind of relationship.

Here's a funny one. On another message board, someone mentioned the guarding system in Suikoden 4. That usually it's the opposite sex that guards the other, or someone who has a relationship to the character. However, someone claimed that Aldo blocked the Hero from getting hit when he was at a low hp. Now I personally think this is random, but this person thinks Aldo is gay and likes the Hero as well as Ted. While I do think Aldo and Ted is a possibility, but I don't see Aldo taking a liking to the Hero in that way. He's just a grateful guy. Anyway, thought I might as well mention it.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

someone claimed that Aldo blocked the Hero from getting hit when he was at a low hp. Now I personally think this is random, but this person thinks Aldo is gay and likes the Hero as well as Ted. While I do think Aldo and Ted is a possibility, but I don't see Aldo taking a liking to the Hero in that way. He's just a grateful guy. Anyway, thought I might as well mention it.

Aldo is not gay. He had been staying in Hermitage Island seen who knows when. He never had the chance to speak to people. That is why he seems a bit overaffectionate (if you can put it that way) when talking to people, making a huge misunderstanding.

Quote:

SPOILER!!!!!!

>_>

Er... i think you better doublecheck that. Hix and Tengaar are childhood lovers.It wasn't mentioned if they really got married in the end, but it was definately not a crush.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeesh, not many people with a functioning sense of humour.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i was going to mention that, krawnik. Perhaps will take me seriously if i say that Deborah has a huge crush on Tenkai4. :shock:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG Sasarai <3's Bonaparte!!!!!!!!!

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

roland and the elf girl [nei?] in III had a thing for one another...
the cedric and rachel thing in IV
Nina liked Shin saposedly befor flink
flink and odessa
sonya sullun and toa Mcdowl
leonardo and Ajax....hehehe
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOW...

Great spelling dude... I can't get what half of those things are...

No offense..
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nina liked Shin? o_O I didn't catch this part.

As for the "crusher" in the fourth installment, Millay was really the closest anybody can find due to the lack of character development. It was pretty sad that they didn't give her more special scenes with Konami at all. She'll probably get the Kasumi treatment and appear on Suikoden V (assuming it's after IV and before I).
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Nina liked Shin? o_O I didn't catch this part

That was in that Gaidens. Nina liked Shin, then Nash and finally Filk. WOW!! A change of three crushs within minimal time... Impressive

It is really very sad how bad the character development is in suiko4 (with the exception of possibly Snowe... My "favorite" character :roll: ).

Really hope we get more of those "ancestors" of the previous suikos... Either that or more character development of the suiko4 ones, like highwind44029 mentioned.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh yeah.. It was something like 5am when I did that last post... and besides I don't care much for spelling so long as it's well....close enough heh.....
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's a mersinary, them dont have to spell rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!shift+1

But more seriously, Rico crushing on Fred? I saw it, did anyone else get that feeling?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

highwind44029 wrote:
Nina liked Shin? o_O I didn't catch this part.

As for the "crusher" in the fourth installment, Millay was really the closest anybody can find due to the lack of character development. It was pretty sad that they didn't give her more special scenes with Konami at all. She'll probably get the Kasumi treatment and appear on Suikoden V (assuming it's after IV and before I).

I see. Well I never really thought the romance with the heros was that important, so I don't think it's that necessary for them to find a love during the game. Even in 3 all of the heros are still single as far as I remember. What they could do with Millay as well is confirm in it later on that she did have a crush on the hero.

As for Aldo, I just wanted to see people's reaction to that. I do find his relationship with Ted interesting, but that's mainly because it is hinted that Ted has seen him before. It may have made a lot more sense if Aldo looked like Tir or Victor, but this is puzzling to me. What Aldo's sexuality is, well your guess is as good as mine. I thought Yun had a crush on Chris, but it was more then possible it was an inoccent admiration as well.

Rico does seem to like Fred, especially when she wouldn't leave the medal she dropped in the ending. It annoyed me that she was risking Fred and her life for it, but I guess that's kind of sweet of what Fred did for her.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i blame the lack of character development on the confession room thingy. Curse that old geezer Keen! The detective searching and elaborating the profiles gave alot more information on the characters. The confession room dialogue that the characters give pretty much give extremely trivial and/or irrelevant answers. Like Kate only gives ".....". Only a handful give decent information, like Sigurd. But Hervey doesn't give anything useful about him, except that he thinks himself better than Tenkai. It would have made alot more sense that Keen uses his ninja skills to investigate the character's past and stuff than being a priest.

And yes, if you haven't noticed yet, Sarasai and Bonaparte have a sort of quasi-romantic relationship together, Scarlet. :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to clear things up, it wasn't Kate who said "..." a bunch of times. We've suspected it was one of the mermaids, but not really sure who the hell that person was.

Re: Rico & Fred... I saw it too. It was pretty obvious. Poor Rico... she always picks up after Fred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: