Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I have nothing better to do, so I will join...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: I have nothing better to do, so I will join... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone ever wanted why in the first place many of the 108 even choose to join in the first place? Many of them have absolutely no reason to even join the war.

Let us take a few examples:

Sarah in Suikoden joins you after you help her with an errand by helping her get soap. Don't You find it EXTREMELY riduculous to join forces with a person who helped you get some soap (and worse still, you rejected it... :x ).

Adlai in Suiko2 joined you after you threw a wind crystal at him. I mean, huh? You joined me because I abused you?? Strange, ain't it?

Gordon (suiko 2) joins because you earned 50000 potch. Please, it is just an excuse. If he had really wanted to expand his industries, why would he care if you earned 50000 potch or not? So what if you have business sense?

These are all I can think of now. If anyone can think of anymore feel free to add.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Sarah in Suikoden joins you after you help her with an errand by helping her get soap. Don't You find it EXTREMELY riduculous to join forces with a person who helped you get some soap (and worse still, you rejected it... ).

It may be silly for Sarah to join the Liberation Army because McDohl brings her soap, but the point is that she's joining an army filled with good people, especially if the guy who brought her soap is the leader and recruiter. Her destiny may simply be to wash clothes, but she provides the army with morale, providing clean clothes much like how Antonio and Lester provide food, Marie maintains the sleeping quarters, and so on.

Quote:
Adlai in Suiko2 joined you after you threw a wind crystal at him. I mean, huh? You joined me because I abused you?? Strange, ain't it?

Adlai was expecting Riou to stand up for himself. He already knew who Riou was and was simply testing when one should put their foot down and say no. When Riou threw the Wind Crystal at Adlai, it confirmed that Riou has a limit on abuse and will give it back to you if you don't stop. Definitely a good quality for a leader if you intend to deliver justice upon the bad guys.

Quote:
Gordon (suiko 2) joins because you earned 50000 potch. Please, it is just an excuse. If he had really wanted to expand his industries, why would he care if you earned 50000 potch or not? So what if you have business sense?

And what are the chances of you meeting the leader of an army? As a merchant, profit is your main goal, and Gordon quickly took the opportunity to try and expand his business into Jowston, but he had to see if the leader of an army could make money in Jowston. This is a theory, but maybe Gordon was secretly researching potential trade routes in Jowston through Riou, since he was based in Gregminster and would know more about Toran trade. The best way to find out is to see how a huge contact like an army leader made his own profit.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To put it more simply in general, all stars join because that is their fate they are born under a specific star and they fill that place.

Suikoden II had alternate stars like Valeria and Kasumi, but only one of them counts officially as a star.

Now Konami can find all sorts of reasons for stars to join like Mukumuku or Testu.

To get the good ending which is the ending that counts thus far you have to get all the stars, they're destined to join your army.

This is my theory/view on this anyway.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought of this too. Some have no good reasons.

Estella tells you to find that village of males (can't remember its name offhand) and you come back and tell her you can't find it. She's kinda like "Yeah, whatever, why not?". It drives me insane. Don't these people have lives?
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And joining your party just because you are level what ever isn't. And as for Sara, I think she's an evil assassin or wizard or something. I mean you go on this huge quest traveling and trading, and for what. Somone to wash your clothes. How the hell is one person going to wash the clothes of an entire army, and why would someone want to. You forget it's not just the stars, but the thousands of masses that fight in paper, rock, scissor mode for you. Unless she is #1 a powerful wizard, and uses magic to get it all done, she'ld be washing morning, noon, and night. #2 she is some sort of spy/assassign. She must really want to get into the castle for some reason, and sending you all over creation looking for soap for her is just her way of testing your patience. Those people you trade with are probably spies of hers. Either way she has some other motive that we don't know about. The woman is evil and can not be trusted.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, evil or not, she gives you the only Cyclone Rune to be found in S2 (other than Guardian Diety prize). With that kind of dowry I don't care if she's an evil assassin.

<--- Drools on self as he casts Shing Wind again and again and again and again...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
And joining your party just because you are level what ever isn't.

If I were going to be joining an army and fighting people, I certainly would NOT want to fight for a leader who couldn't be relied on to fight on his own.

Earthquake923 wrote:
How the hell is one person going to wash the clothes of an entire army, and why would someone want to.[/color]

Personally I always saw it as recruiting the head of whatever the job was, and that Sarah would be the head of the cleaning staff, while she'd have several no name/no portrait gals and guys working under her to ensure the cleanliness of the Liberation Army's garments, just like Hai Yo was the main cook but there were waitresses/etc who helped out in the kitchen, too. (But I don't really have anything to prove that, just my opinion. ^^;)

As for why someone would want to - a job is a job. Sarah wanted to work with good people, and she sees the Liberation Army as full of good men and women. She wanted to work with them, they needed a washerwoman, and thus, she went to work for them. A more pleasant work environment is something quite important.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What always bothered me was that you can recruit two cooks in S1, and neither of them do anything. I mean, they just stand in the inn and take up space. There isn't even a kitched in the castle! What the hell! There's a bloody rose garden and a chemistry lab, but no way to feed the soldiers. Unless they eat raw turnips right out of Blackman's wee patch of land. Bah.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But they actually do something. They bonk enemies on the head with frying pans. You're totally underestimating the mighty power of the frying pan, espeically when upgraded to level 16 by a decent blacksmith.

Of course, where a blacksmith learns to upgrade frying pans to deal more damage than they normally do is beyond me at the moment. Maybe Mace adds a few spikes and razors to the sides of the pans for extra slicing and dicing. That way the frying pan can second as a kitchen knife.

^Actual quote!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

What always bothered me was that you can recruit two cooks in S1, and neither of them do anything.

There real reason for joining in Suiko1 is to cameo in the cook off in suiko2...
They give decent recipes... :lol:
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I felt that Estella was testing you like Adlai did in Suikoden II. She probably knew that there was no village of men, and she wanted to see if you would know that as well.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
She probably knew that there was no village of men, and she wanted to see if you would know that as well.

Yeah, and Geddoe was hoping that through his banter with Yuber, that you'd realize he was really Pesmerga...also he's Hugo's father....and Crowley used to babysit Georg Prime.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or, she could be just stupid and was trying to get rid of you. Oh well, I guess we will never know.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it gets pretty bad at times. That whole destiny thing sounds good, whenever I'm scratching my head when a person joins, that's what I'll tell myself.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's because whoever the Tenkai star is, is said to have the power to unite people to one cause. So it doesn't matter who said person is, the power of the Tenkai Star moves them to join his cause no matter if they have no previous plans or will to join such a cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: