Suikoden United and Illegal Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why the Silverbergs seem to be the only good strategists in the world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

halberdier wrote:
Also, I do not count Caeser in Suiko3 as the main strategist. He can't even come up with a decent strategy to save his own butt. Rather, I give the role of main strategist to Salome, which proves that Silverburgs are not the best strategist in the land.

I consider Ceasar to be a decent strategist. Sure he's not Leon, Mathiu or Shu, but he holds his own considering what he was up against. Look how he managed to defend Budehuc and free it from Zexen control. That took skill and foresight.

PirateSigurd wrote:
Klaus didnt study under a Silverberg, he did under Shu, but I wonder if Shu is really Mathiu's son, he lookslike a Silverberg.

No, Shu is not blood related to any Silverburgs.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Albert was a tremendous strategist of military and political fronts. His weakness was in tactics, though.

And, as for Caesar, personally I say you should look at the time period. Unlike Mathiu and Leon, who lived through the Succession Wars, and such, in addition to the initial learning. They had a lot more experience and of a better kind than the younger next generation. Caesar and Albert weren't the veteran miliary minds of great campaigns. They lived in the wake of the events, largely, far more removed from battle than their predecessors. I think he'd be far greater if he had that experience, though his personality doesn't help. Albert, for instance, is much the same, however, the difference in skill is brought about by his personality as it drove it further to learn and grow. His ambition brought him to greatest heights, even against his times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: