Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you serious Aurelin!? (you probably just bought one of those silly "make millions of gil in a a day!" books. Though they have scheme written all over them)

I share Sniper Zegais problem. I generally have to spend hours of my life farming gobbue gobbue, collecting tree cuttings and boyhoda grass to make my momey.

Its so much as its 'hard', as it just takes so much fricken time to make a lot of money. (expeically with your highest level is a 48 drg)

I actually have some of the same problems I believe as Sniper. I keep telling myself there has to be a better way than Gobbue Gobbue Genocide.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently got into Mining, Smithing and Goldsmithing. I have the field gear to improve mining results. I would farm Delfutt's Tower now and then but it took too much time. But I usually used to farm Beehive chips to supplemant various needs such as the field gear itself. I have about 125k on my character right now but it does'nt really do that much good. As a BLM its the spells that really killed my gil although the newer spells are getting cheaper. Im a lv 54 BLM/WHM.

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I am happy that the overall inflation has subsided, as items at the auction house. in general) are much much cheaper. I'm currently stting about only 80k and I feel poor. (mostly because I am!).

I was thinking about getting into growing plants and such in my mog house. I heard of a few people who make TONS of money each yeild. Though I have no idea where to start, what kinds of thinks make the good money. I'm guessing it would take a large standard investment as well.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya, like I mentioned before, you need dedication, or luck, or both to make money in Final Fantasy XI. (and no, why would I buy silly books? it's all common sense anyway)

Dedication of course refers to the fact that it takes time to make money. But of course, blind stubborness is not the same as dedication. Hence, the need to know the market. You farm Tree Cuttings. Okay, that's not a bad idea. But then you have to step it up. You have to consider other things. Do they drop reasonably often? How much time you have to spend to kill these Gobbues? How much competition? Do they respawn quick enough? And so on. If they are not beneficial enough, then don't be scared to change and do something else to make money instead.

Sniper_Zegai, there you go. It's not your spells that cost you money, it's your Smithing and Goldsmithing. Crafting costs money and these days, you only make profit when you HQ your craft. Not to mention that Goldsmithing is probably the most expensive craft out of all. For you to do Goldsmithing is probably a really bad move as you end up investing money for it, but at the same time, not having steady enough income to make it "worth it". I've always thought that there is not much point in doing a craft if you don't have the money to back it up. Crafting's rule is "you make a lot of money AFTER you invest crapload of money".

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I made a similar mistake and blew a bunch of money on cooking. And to be honest, I haven't found a huge demand for foods a lot of the foods. And I really don't have the funds to level it any higher at the moment T_T.

Gobbue Gobbue farming used to be a much better market. Its luster is that you'll collect maybe 4, 5 6 stacks of bohdya grass(spelling?), that used to sell on our markets for roughly 8-10k a stack. However once you finally collected that stack of Tree cuttings, the pay out was.. well now its terrible. But it used to be like 80-100k. I think its down to like 25-30k now. Which really isn't worth it because the drop rate as mentioned is terrible and without theif, takes lots and lots of luck. Not to mention the bohoyda grass demand is much lower now as well.

To make short, I spent less time building up my Norg fame through the necklace quest than it took to fill up a stack of these tree cuttings.

I'd have dedication if I actually had any ideas of where to go farm. :-P And its useless asking around because nobody wants more people farming the area they go you know?

I remember the first form of farming I ever did were stacks of silk from the worms outside windrust. I remember when this game first came out they sold for 10k a stack. Which wasn't too bad at the time!

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They still sell for 10k a stack on Fairy :P

The stupid new update has broken the game for me, the frame rates are too low, it's like being in the middle of Whitegate all of the time, i know what causes it, it is my USB number pad, since when i disconnect it the game runs smoothly, but the problem is... I can't move properly without or access the menu! I hate using my mousepad to move, so i don't think i will be playing until it is fixed.

Also if anyone is using the unofficial windower, delete the "recast" plugin for it to actually load up past the Final Fantasy screen.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A decent amount of my income has come from mining stuff and crafting ingots. Iron, Brass and Silver ingot stacks go for a decent amount and although it was true goldsmithing was'nt cheap, it paid for itself when I finally started mining. Im hoping to get to the level where I can smith mythril ingots as I have a freind who can get the Ore easily from mobs. They sell at 80k a stack, its just I need goldsmithing lv 40 to do that and Im only level 20 at it right now. The bee hive chips are a safe and steady source of income and they sell insanly fast, freeing space at the AH.

So Aurelion? How do you make your moolah?

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
and although it was true goldsmithing was'nt cheap, it paid for itself when I finally started mining.

If it paid for itself when you started mining, then I really can't see what's so difficult about making money then. It's fairly obvious that you have a plan on how to make money, and you are making the money. I can't see what problem you have.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm coming back to the game after all. WoW really is as bad as they say. By now I've realized that all the innovations that looked so promising when I joined the game are just more annoying than anything else. And the classes are so horribly unbalanced and continue to get even more unbalanced. The PvP concept was incredible, but the class balance killed it.

I can return to my DRK immediately through the Return Home program. I'll be playing again by the end of the weekend.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome back. Just like everyone else who left after understanding what Final Fantasy XI is like, you also return. =D

I've done a little bit of the new stuff from the expansion, but mainly quests in San d'Oria and also the missions. I haven't really managed to explore the past in the Bastok side of the map, I've fully explored the San d'Oria side, and most of the Windurst side (with the exception of the Windurst itself).

I have to say that the Quadavs look the best out of the beastmen, and boy oh boy, do not underestimate the new mobs. They might check Easy Prey, but they are not easy by any means. I tried duo-ing the Gnoles for the quest in Bastok (didn't get any drop from 6 of them and I was getting sleepy so we decided to explore to Windurst side instead) at Batallia Downs [S], they checked as Easy Prey, but holy macaroni they were damn annoying to fight (I was MNK/NIN and my friend was RDM/BRD). I'm guessing that the mob is either MNK/WAR or WAR/MNK because it double attack quite reasonably often, and it can counter too. But what annoyed me the most is the speed of the attack. Damn they were really really quick even with Slow II stuck on them.

Haven't fought any other mobs yet, and I haven't participated in the campaign either. So far though, I LOVE the Garlaige Citadel [S] zone. So much better than the present time of the citadel. Out of the 3 new zones (Vunkerl Inlet, Fort K-N, and Grauberg), I've only explored the first two, and Vunkerl Inlet was definitely a beautiful (but dangerous) zone. I'd dare to say that it's even more beautiful than Lufaise Meadows. Fort K-N didn't really feel like a fort at all, more like Attowa Chasm with a few walls/towers here and there. They have a few interesting spots though. I have yet to see Grauberg, but hopefully they look nice.

I've unlocked Dancer, and I'll hopefully unlock Scholar soon. I don't think I'd touch Scholar, but I've soloed Dancer up to level 9 so far. It's quite a nice job, but I think it'll get a bit complicated at higher level with the Steps and Flourishes coming into play. So I don't think I have the patience to do that. If I decide to level it up beyond level 9, my goal would probably be up to 25 for the sneak/invisible dance which would be handy for explorations.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Aurelien, after the disappointment of no third (and actually interesting) job, I'm pretty sure I won't be going back. I won't deny that I had a lot of fun (I still find myself flipping open my PUP folder, looking at Tournefoux longingly), but the amount of time and dedication it requires is just too much.

I'd love a Final Fantasy XI -Offline/LAN-, though. But after five years of waiting, I doubt it'd happen!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it was only two jobs after all? Damn.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it's only two new jobs (Scholar and Dancer). The rumored tank job is apparently an old job which is going to be adjusted to be a plausible tank for smaller scale battles (e.g.: medium level missions, quest, EXP/merit parties) but not suitable for bigger scale battles (e.g.: HNM fights or probably last battle of missions). Of course this adjustment hasn't been done yet, so we'll still have to wait to see which job it actually is. Top three candidates so far are Warrior, Monk, and Samurai. I'll say Warrior myself.

Leb, I can totally understand your concern about the time spent, but then again, it depends on what you're looking for from the game. When I started playing Final Fantasy XI, I viewed the game as "wow ... there are so many damn things for me to do in this game" and even back then (pre-ToAU), I already expected to spend years playing the game. So I was never in a hurry to do stuff (not to say that you are btw) and I was quite happy to slowly progress as I level up (I think it took me half a year to reach PLD60, and a further half a year to get to PLD75) while doing quests/missions here and there. There are just so many things to do in the game. Unfortunately, it can also be a negative point as shown in your case because it'd take too much time to dedicate.

I'm not quite sure how long you played in the past (2 months?) and what level you got your PUP to (PUP30 or so?), but yeah, if you have the time, I hope you'll come back someday and enjoy the game again. For me personally, I'd be happy to have 1 level 75 job which would then enable me to participate in some/most high-level activities. Not quite sure how useful PUP75 would be, but as long as you don't really stick into end-game stuff, I think you'd be quite good in doing missions and quests.

Regarding new jobs, I'd actually have to say that Dancer seems to be VERY useful. So useful that I kind of half-expect a nerf in the future. At level 5, DNC learned their first dance move which is Drain Samba. It costs 10 TP and it'd make your hit drain from the mob until the effect is gone (effect lasts quite long, I'm eyeballing and say 2-3 minutes) which then you can simply re-dance to do it again. Soloing DNC from 5 to 9 mostly against DC mobs, I didn't have to rest even once simply because you'd never go to yellow HP whenever you have that dance on.

At higher level, DNC can also enfeeble with Steps such as to lower mob's evasion. DNC can also do haste-ga dance. Then there's also the one that makes mob to be weak against Skillchain. And so on. Personally speaking, I am guessing that DNC can be one heck of a useful support-job. They're like front-line combination of RDM and WHM minus Refresh. If I can be bothered to learn about DNC properly, I might actually level it up just because of how useful the job is.

Scholar on the other hand, so far my impression is that they're simply a mix of WHM and BLM with a bit of useful bits here and there. But I'm not convinced yet that they're *that* useful.

Back to the expansion itself, I guess what interest me so far is simply to be able to see what the world is like in the past. Because the setting was during the Crystal War, the regions really felt like that they were at war with turrets, cannons, giant crossbow thingy, etc being put everywhere. I really like the look of the zones though I'm rather annoyed at this time that there is no method of transportation other than running (well we can also warp if that counts) for now. I hope they'll eventually give chocobos to ride around.

Being in the past, I also would like to see present-NPCs in the past and what they were like. I've only seen one NPC that I knew which is Rahal (the Captain of the Royal Knights, and also the NPC involved in DRG job quest). He's the Vice-Captain of the Young Griffons in the past, so it's quite cool. I hope I'd get to see more familiar faces once I get to explore a bit more in Windurst and Bastok. I still hope to see Zazarg and Curilla (though looking at Rahal's age, I'm not quite sure how old Curilla would be in the past), and maybe Shanttoto too. ^^

And yeah, I agree with you that I don't think there will ever be Final Fantasy XI Offline ever.

On a bit unrelated note though, the developers had already said that there will be more expansion in the future. They plan to go to the East and whatnot, so there will probably be more stuff to do and new jobs too by then. Who knows, maybe the next expansion would interest you a bit more ^^

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hell, that's the whole reason I play MMOs - to take up time without wearing the game out.

Just got back from Gamestop, I have the new expansion now, and I'm in the process of reinstalling the game from scratch.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My character's been remade. Wow, the game's really different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 67 of 68

Jump to: