Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien, it was a leak.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the Fan Festival in Anaheim is pretty much over by now, and there seem to be no third new job being announced at all. It is looking quite likely that there is no third new job after all.

As for the tank, it is said by the developer that they are planning to adjust an existing job to be a back-up tank job (good enough for parties, but not really for HNM or big boss fights). Most people assume that it would WAR, but nothing is confirmed yet. The only fact known is that the job is more popular than DRG or PUP and neither of those two. We'll see. I think the top candidate is indeed WAR, but I think MNK, SAM, THF, and BLU have quite good chances to be the one too.

All existing jobs will be adjusted in the future updates. If I'm not mistaken, the updates would start with WHM, BST, RNG, and THF first. But I could be wrong there.

Square-Enix official windower will be launched this Tuesday. Some people might switch from the unofficial windower into the official one, but I wouldn't be surprised if many won't. We'll see how that goes. It's about damn time that they have official windower there.

Random things that might be interesting (SPOILERS maybe):
1. Wings of the Goddess is NOT the last expansion
2. SMN will receive new avatar(s)
3. Zazarg might make an appearance in Wings of the Goddess timeline
4. There is no Tarutaru Serpent General because the warp taru messed up the trial. He was asked to join and then D2 the other generals after they finished, but he warped them to Jade Sepulcher instead lol. So he failed.
5. Square-Enix will produce a video to show how to defeat Absolute Virtue
6. Treasure Hunter job trait is in effect whenever THF does something to the mob. Doesn't have to land a killing blow. Doesn't have to be in the same party/alliance when mob dies.
7. There might be cheese sandwich recipe in the future

Fun ^^

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You forgot to mention that Square enix is finally going to let us change the window size while we play FFXI. Hurray for this, because we'll be finally able to browse FFXI info sites + talk on messengers while we play! I thought his addition is great!

So are you going to try Dancer Aurelein? Since its abilities run off of TP, you using a /SAM as the sub could prove to be useful. Store TP and Meditate would be a big helper for that class.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't need to be able to change the window size to brows sites or talk on messengers while playing FFXI. You simply need to be able to minimize the window (which is the whole point of being a "windower"). So regardless whether you can change the size or not, as long as you can minimize it, then you can do stuff while playing.

And no, I'm not going to try Dancer (unless I'm really really really really really really really really really really REALLY bored [and maybe drunk]). While I do think that Dancer sounds VERY useful with many of their stuff costing only 10-25 TP, I'm not too thrilled with the versatility of the job. I don't like jobs that are too versatile that they become "good at many but not great in any". And of course, my SAM is actually still LV1 at the moment. Assuming that I'm not leveling up Scholar (which I don't plan to do anyway) and there is indeed no third new job, SAM might be the job that I'd bring to 75 next if I can be bothered to do it. If not, maybe I'll continue my WAR42 to 75. Who knows .. I'm quite happy with just meriting my PLD and MNK anyways.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(hmm odd I didn't see you mention the windower before I originally posted. Which is I brought up the capability to not need full screen anymore, referring to the new Windower.)

Yeah, but you loose your connection with your server as soon as you minimize. Which is why I'm excited about the widower. I used to have one that I downloaded, which worked fine, however the size of the window was static and the gamma was really dark.

But while you continue to minimize and enlarge your game. I'll just adjust the size of my window, so I can have FFXI in 3/4ths of the screen and my music and messengers in the other 1/4th.

I'm just excited about the luxury.

I don't think I ever knew what your jobs were :-P. The way you talked about samurai. (Plus your avatar and banner), made me believe thats what you were :-P. Your a Paladin though? Very cool, I'm currently leveling PLD after getting sick of DRG. A few of the crazies I've talked are going to test out PLD/DCR and DRG/DCR. Though I'm unsure how thats going to pull off. (Yet Im curious to see what kind of healing breath a dancer could produce.)

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
But while you continue to minimize and enlarge your game. I'll just adjust the size of my window, so I can have FFXI in 3/4ths of the screen and my music and messengers in the other 1/4th.

I don't know about you, but I'd just alt+tab in between windows rather than minimizing/maximizing or going with 3/4+1/4 split. Much easier and everything looks nice in reasonably big resolution.

Splitting 3/4 and 1/4 of the screen seemed to be rather pointless as you can't really browse stuff on the internet with 1/4 of your screen anyways. But of course it's up to you on how you prefer to do things.

Aurelien's job list:
PLD MNK 75
WAR 42
NIN 40
BST 20
THF 15
BLM 9
WHM 3
RNG SAM DRG RDM 1
Others LOCKED

Possible jobs to level up: SAM and/or WAR

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With my internet being down and my PC being on the fritz, I have'nt been playing FFXI alot recently but I plan to get back into it.

I go by the name Garside on the Cait Sith server so give me a holla if you're online there.

My highest job right now is BLM at lv 54. I really should get back on track with all that. The new expansion sounds like the shiznit and the window minimizer will be a big help although it will suck that I cant ditch parties when Im tired....I know its mean.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally dinged level 50 on my White Mage, now i am running around getting equipped up because i am hoping to get Rank 6, then go and get the remaining runic portal (im 1/6) the finally do the limit break quest and start getting my AF.

I have a feeling i am going to be levelling Scholar at some point, i hear as a sub it can unlock more spells for my White Mage, i currently use a Red Mage subjob since it's the only other job i have past level 37 and i like fast cast, not that it happens often.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The missions to get Rank 6 are really fun, easiest 20k you'll ever make. I think its 20k you get anyway.

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently sitting at mission 5-1. I've really should stop putting missions off, because I really love the story lines. Perhaps I'll gather a group together to do it this coming weekend.

Yeah, with browsing the web while playing, it would be kind of annoying. but music play lists and msn windows could easily fit in a side area.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of nation missions, I have finally finished San d'Oria missions earlier today. It was quite fun doing it with 4 people. Never really got into any serious trouble other than when I ate that RNG Orc's Eagle Eye Shot lol. Didn't expect him to do that, and of course it just happened right when my shadows are down. Luckily it only hit for about 700 damage or something, and the normal attacks didn't hurt much. So I had more than sufficient time to cure myself again and whatnot.

It's nice to finally have that San d'Oria flag. And of course 100,000 gil is also a good reward these days.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations Aurelien!

Are you talking about the flag you get to hang in your Mog House? Or the Signet staff?

I've always been in love with the Aketons. I would kill for a Republic Aketon. Though I believe you can only buy it with conquest points at rank 10. Which is 5 ranks from now. *tear*.

Scholar looks really cool actually. Unfortunately the closet to a class I've leveled that has magic abilities is DRK. So if even if I wanted to level Scholar I have no useable Sub for it. Its also seeming that the Dancer class might be favorable for a Magic-usage sub as well. Which leaves these two new classes useless to me T_T.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was talking about the flag to hang in the Mog House. Oh yeah, another thing with the update is that now you can bring people into your Mog House. So I'm quite happy that mine looks a bit good nowadays with the San d'Oria flag, and also the ToAU flag.

I used to own a Republic Aketon as a gift from a friend of mine, but I returned the aketon temporarily when I took a break from the game. Then she quit and never came back either lol. I should've just kept it myself. Oh well, I'll probably level up something to get the CP needed to get it. Though it might be impossible after all because I'd need San d'Oria to be number 1 in conquest, and they've only been number 1 once in the last half year or so. Maybe I'll buy one from bazaar if they're reasonably priced.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Reasonably priced" in FFXI are we talking about the same game. Thats one thing I will never miss about the games, its the bloody gil system, why the hell is it so hard to get cash in this game.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sniper_Zegai wrote:
why the hell is it so hard to get cash in this game.

Errr .... I don't know about you, but I have never really been "poor" in this game. There are A LOT of ways to make money in Final Fantasy XI. You just have to have either dedication, luck, or both. In the end, if you consider it to be so hard to get cash, you only have yourself to blame. The means to make money is there for everyone (yes, even a lowly level 1 character) to use.

It might also be a good idea for you to let us know what you did to try to make money. That way we can see whether you're doing it right or not.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 66 of 68

Jump to: