Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ding 75. Finally.

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations Yvl.

What does everyone think of Wings of the Goddess? Personally I think Campaign is a godsend, no more idle moments with nothing to do and a great way to get easy exp/merits while lfp.
New Jobs look fun and varied, DNC especially has really taken off.

Looking forward to the January update too.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Ding 75. Finally.

Congrats Im still at level 54, but I have'nt been on in a few months since my PC went funky, good job the servers save the character profiles.

What job are you Yvl?

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Dark Knight. And all but about 7000 of the exp I got at level 74 was from Campaign, so I definately love it. And I should be able to get my friend back on the game too, since he only stopped playing due to lack of time.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone here have experience with endgame? I just got into the Sky + salvage LS of my dreams, but I may be kicked out quickly if I dont improve my gear and GSD skill. As I said, I'm a DRK 75, and I'm mostly in thick gear right now. Any suggestions?

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While my DRK experience is limited, I do lead a Sky, Limbus and Salvage LS, and am a leader in a long running Dynamis LS also.

Sky as DRK will be /THF using Great Sword, for the bigger stuff (gods, Kirin etc). I'd put getting that up asap a priority, about 240 skill would be enough and the rest you could probably get off pop farming and Genbu. If you have any KS then try for a Subduer, it's the best outside relic you can get (Generally considered better than Algol).

Thick gear is meh, but for DRK I guess the options aren't that great if you don't have the gil to sink into it. Looking at a half decent and cheap setup would probably be:

Weapon: Subduer
Grip: Pole Strap
Ranged: Bomb Core
Head: Optical Hat for TP, Wyvern Helm for WS
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earrings: Attack Earrings are fine
Body: Haubergeon/Hauberk
Hands: Thick for TP, Gigas line bracelets for WS (Pallas probably the best bet)
Rings: Woods/Snipers for TP if you have them, STR rings for WS
Back: Amemet Mantle/+1
Legs: Thick, Black Cuisses if you can
Feet: Thick

Thats a cheap /THF with GS setup, which progressively you will want to add Black, Homam, Adaman, Crimson etc to. That said you will only really be /THF for gods in Sky, outside that you will probably be /WAR or /SAM for farming and be using Scythe.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
What does everyone think of Wings of the Goddess?

I think it has been great so far in overall. It has mostly good things (campaign battles and ops, NPC heroes, freelancers, new jobs, beautiful new zones, etc), but there are also disappointing features which I hope to be fixed in the future such as campaign battle difficulty not finding the right level (yet) with the good guy NPCs to be overly powerful which tend to make the battles end very quickly if there are considerable amount of players in that zone.

As for the new jobs, I think Dancer is very powerful up to the point that I'm sitting here expecting a nerf in the future for that job. It's quite funny how people seemed to be disappointed when Dancer was announced as a new job, but then Dancer is BY FAR more popular than Scholar when the expansion is released. We'll see I guess.

The one thing that I'm concerned about campaign battles is that though it gives EXP, it does not give skill up. I rather fear when people spend too much time doing campaign battles for "easy EXP rather than looking for party" that it is quite possible that they could level up a few times without having their combat skills up to date. But yeah, it's quite a small concern at the moment. Nothing major at all.

Quote:
Anyone here have experience with endgame? I just got into the Sky + salvage LS of my dreams, but I may be kicked out quickly if I dont improve my gear and GSD skill. As I said, I'm a DRK 75, and I'm mostly in thick gear right now. Any suggestions?

I used to be in an end-game LS that does mostly everything together (sky, sea, dynamis, etc) but due to timezone problem I could only attend the sky runs. So I have no experience with Salvage. When it comes to sky, I think it would mainly depend on how your LS does things because nowadays, different LS can do things in different ways (also depending on the size of the LS).

My suggestion is simply to seek advice for other DRK in the LS or ask the leader as to what is expected from you. Great Sword skill is more like a normal thing to have as that's something that you're supposed to do as DRK while leveling up anyways. Doing end-game, personally I would expect the players to be serious and dedicated to it. While it doesn't mean that you have to have the best gears that you can get from Auction House, you still have to be willing to improve your skill and gear if necessary. The better your performance is, the more helpful you are to the LS.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkbeat, That's exactly what I wanted to hear. They do want my SAM leveled, but that's not much of a problem. I have enough for a KSNM, and my social LS will undoubtedly help with that.

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd recommend Double Dragonian if you are going for Subduer. It's far easier than Season's Greetings and has a good loot pool besides. KSNM30 with 6 party members, all you really need are BRD, WHM and DD's.

When you get Subduer, you can also work on skilling up GS while unlocking its points (similar to trial weapons) killing two birds with one stone XD
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, reading this is starting to make me worry. I still have'nt got my AF gear for my BLM lol.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright I tried this game out for about a week, but whats getting to me is the fact that I have NO idea how to move around fluidly. Is there any way to change the set up so I can use both hands to play this game? I mean how can I use my mouse when I need my mouse hand to move my character around accordingly? If there is mind informing me how? if anyone here plays WoW I am looking to make a simmilar set up to that.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, don't use the mouse for movement-- use the keyboard for everything. Movement with that is with the traditional WASD setup, while the camera is controlled with the arrow keys. Use macros with the Ctrl/Alt+whatever.

The box the game came in should have a picture either on the back of a Vana'diel map or in a booklet that shows how keyboard control is done.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My first day it took me about 10 mins to figure out how to move at all. If you're on a regular keyboard, use the numpad. If you're on a laptop or compact keyboard, switch the control settings in Misc 2 in Config to compact and the controls will be listed.

Oh, and puhs - twice to find config.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, right, the numberpad. I never liked using that since it meant having to control the camera with my thumb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68
Page 68 of 68

Jump to: