Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WWE Fantasy - Suikox League
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: WWE Fantasy - Suikox League Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.wwe.com/play/fantasy/

Season 4 of WWE Fantasy is now open for entry via the URL above, but this time, it's free of charge to anyone who wishes to join, world-wide.

And so, because of this new open to all attitude being used, I thought it'd be rather neat if us fans here at Suikox had our own league to compete in and so I've created the Suikox League at the site for us.

All you have to do after creating your roster is to get yourself to the Join Leagues section and click on the 'Join' link by the Suikox League listing. Once you've done so, you'll be asked to enter a password. The password for our league is simply 'suikox'.

"But, wait, John Layfield!" you are surely asking right now. "This is all well and good but what is this WWE Fantasy thing all about?"

Be calm, young grasshopper, this is all you have to do.

Simply sign up first with your e-mail address etc. and then you'll be asked to create a Team Name. I'd advise you to use one that will be recognisable to us all. Either your user name or your regiment name (as long as you're not the type who continously changes their regiment name, of course)

Once you've done this, you'll be taken to your team main screen. All you have to do then is to click on your Team Name to be able to buy your roster.

You will be given $30 million dollars in which you can build a roster any way that you wish, spend it on any Superstar you like from RAW or SmackDown!. The only catch, you can't spend more then $30 million dollars on building your team.

Each week your wrestlers will earn points based on their performances. You can add and remove wrestlers from your roster with the goal of trying to accumulate the most points for your team by the end of the season.

And to add to the Suikox nature of the contest, there will be a prize for the winner, i.e. soldiers. So let us sign up and make an impressive Suikox League to whittle away those precious minutes that make up our lives.

If any moderator feels that this is in the wrong forum (my thought process went 'WWE-Sport' in this case) then, please, move it.

EDIT

I've decided upon the prize kitty with a little nudging from Black Pesmerga below me here. (And above me elsewhere in the thread)

First Place/Suikox League Champion - 1,000 Soldiers
Second Place - 500 Soldiers
Third Place - 300 Soldiers
Fourth Place - 150 Soldiers
Fifth Place - 50 Soldiers

There might also be weekly prizes for most points gained that week, biggest improvment, et cetera. So, there's a lot to be won here, potentially.

Entrants To Date

Akatsuki - Gaara
Black Pesmerga - Black Pesmerga
Dredd Riders - Lord Dredd
Fundertaker's - Fundertaker
Highland Seraphs - Providence Luc
Locked Axel - Locke
Longhorns - John Layfield
Man in Black - Man in Black
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Last edited by John Layfield on Sun May 15, 2005 8:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll join up, but now the question is whose soldiers are used for the prize? Since you're the one who came up with the idea, would I be correct to assume that it would your soldiers that are used for the prize?

EDIT: and it seems that the salary cap is 30 million instead of 20 million.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it will be my soldiers that are at stake, sigh. (I knew I shouldn't have posted that) I've decided not to give an exact amount because who knows how many I'll have by the time the season is over, you know?

Unless I win the league out-right then I get off scot-free! :P

I'll edit my post to reflect the new salary cap. (Season 3's was 20 million.)
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha, well you could always just give small number of soldiers. I mean, we don't expect to win 100,000 soldiers or something anyway. Maybe 1,000 soldiers for 1st place, 500 soldiers for 2nd place, and 100 soldiers for 3rd place would sound reasonable. We'd get to have fun without draining too many soldiers off you.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could have an entry fee of 100 soldiers and pool that for the winners?

Although then you have the problem of who will be in charge of it.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moody_Mage wrote:
Although then you have the problem of who will be in charge of it.

I demand a special account be made! :P

I'm not going to cripple my forces even when I give out the prizes, so I won't need to make a pool though it is a nice idea. I like B-Pesey's prize amounts. They'll work for me, at the rate I'm gathering soldiers it won't be much of a dent on me.

Besides, prizes encourage interest which brings more entries which makes John Layfield a happy man.
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Count me in !
BOOYAH !
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then, I made John Layfield a happy man.
I've joined, let the force be with me.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

l I like this idea and am definately in. I have made my roster and and joined the league, so with that in mins good luck to all and above all have fun with it.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet, first I find out ESPN is gonna do fantasy football free this coming season and now this, sweet. Oh yeah, I'm so in.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Removed By Acheron88: Cant keep up with it currently with exams coming up but maybe next time. Sorry guys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88, season 4 (which we are playing btw) starts on the 13th of June 2005 anyway. So it's still a month away from now. You have plenty of time, and even so, you could just stick to your roster now and leave it like that rather than just taking your team out of the league for good.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in as well.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just an update on entrants here.

Akatsuki - Gaara
Black Pesmerga - Black Pesmerga (Surprise, surprise!)
Dredd Riders - Lord Dredd
Fundertaker's - Fundertaker
Highland Seraphs - Providence Luc (He hasn't posted here but it is pretty obvious who it is)
Locked Axel - Locke (Not completely confirmed but seems to be the obvious entrant for that name, no?)
Longhorns - John Layfield
Man in Black - Man in Black

I'm quite happy with the eight entrants, it is around seven more than I assumed would join, ha ha. Obviously, I am hoping for more entrants, seeing as, after all, it's all a bit of fun and not something you need any real wrestling knowledge for. I wonder how many entrants we'll have by the time the competiton kicks off in June.

EDIT: Way for people to join while I'm typing my posts. :P

Last edited by John Layfield on Sun May 15, 2005 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm joining as I type this thing so add me to the roster too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: