Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Manchester Buccaners!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Manchester Buccaners! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://img68.echo.cx/my.php?image=gallery140cr.jpg

I recieved the above image in an e-mail in response to the breaking news that Malcom Glazer has launched a formal bid for Manchester United. He has bought out Irish racing tycoons JP McManus and John Magnier's 28.7% stake in the club.

Here is the Full Article from SkySports

I think this could turn out to be very bad for United, the main reason being the level of borrowing Glazer has to do to buy the club. If he was another Abromovich (sp?) then of course i wouldnt mind!

What are your views on this?
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Almost appropriate for Glazer's head to be plastered on the devil there. I wouldn't be thrilled if I was a fan, he's slated to want to raise ticket prices to recoup some of that money. Besides that I question his interest in the sport, he wants it for money making purposes in my eyes and that's not a good thing, he is no Abramovich in that regards.

I would be interested to hear a little about what American Football fans have to say in regards to Glazer on the subject of the running of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, they did quite well a couple of years ago I think but overall since he took over? I think he raised ticket prices there when he got ownership as well didn't he.

Well, like I said I wouldn't like nor want it to happen if they were my team. They have been doing fine on their own I would say.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's great because I'm so anti-Manchester United. So whatever helps them to crumble, I'd be happy to see. LoL

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i was watching a progam last night on TV all about the takeover. Shareholders Group United are going to fight it all they way but have to gain a 10% stake in the club to have any fighting chance.

Quote:
Besides that I question his interest in the sport, he wants it for money making purposes in my eyes and that's not a good thing

It is definetly for money making purposes, he nor any of his family have ever been to Old Trafford up to this point i believe.

Black Pesmerga, do you really hate them that bad?? No matter how much i hate a rival club i dont think i would like to see them crumble because of someone elces greed for money.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the fault of the people running the team/company that this is even possible. Because of the greed of those in charge, Manchester United Football Club was made a PLC and so has to adhere to the business laws that apply to it. This is one of them.

It's the club's own greed that has caused this situation and while I would not want to see any club with a long and storied history be forced to close, the fact of the matter is that we don't know if that will happen. This isn't a sporting deal, this is a business deal and can only be fought as such.

It's not much consolation to the fans but, in the end, the club has only brought this potential problem on itself with its greed and lust for money.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember, yes I hate them that much. Would definitely love to see them relegated, hahaha. I hate the arrogance of Manchester United when they dominated the English Premier League in the 1990s, and definitely loathed how they bragged about winning treble while they were actually helped by LOTS of luck instead of sheer quality. Now that they'd finish third yet again (20 points behind the leaders), they're really really really crumbling down. The whole Glazer thing is just the icing on the cake IMO. I've been quite happy seeing them down and out, but this just makes it a little bit sweeter. Hehehe.

And as John Layfield mentioned above, it's their own doing. Manchester United made the club as a PLC, and now obviously the PLC decision came back to bite their arse. Glazer has every right to turn Manchester United Football Club into a business company if he wishes to.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Relegated?? I hope it does not come to that, but i would not be suprised if the club go the way of Leeds United and sell just about all their good/great players to pay off the debts!

Well i have been monitoring the situation as much as i can and i believe he deserves a chance, the reason being why would he buy the club to ruin it?? If he wants to make money the best way to do that is to have a successful team.
Put ticket prices up?? Yeah go right ahead, they would have been put up sooner or later.
Individual TV rights?? Yep, get the best deal possible!
Sell Stadium Rights?? No! Keep the name Old Trafford. But lets see what happens.
Sell Big Name Players?? A big No No! Replcae them with what and who!

It will be a VERY interesting summer.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you have to remember, he has no real interest in Manchester United himself. He's only making these bids because his son pretty much wants it. It's kind of a case of getting an armchair fan and giving him enough money to actually buy the team you think you can manage better than the people already there.

Of course, this could all be a good thing. If Glazer buys the club he'll still want to make a profit and he just might do it, too. After all, he must be able to do something right if he has the money to walk around buying multi-million dollar football clubs out of the hands of millionaires, right?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
After all, he must be able to do something right if he has the money to walk around buying multi-million dollar football clubs out of the hands of millionaires, right?

See thats the thing, i wouldnt mind if he had the money but apparently he has borrowed £290m, or has to to finance the takeover.
He better have a watertight plan if he wants to see that debt turn into a profit
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: