Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Nico/Wendell Theory

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wendell goes well with Nico
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Dunno
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
We'll leave this to Konami
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: A Nico/Wendell Theory Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I asked SARS where to put this but I haven't recieved an answer yet so I shall put it here
NOTE: All Nations and such used in this theory do not relate in any way to the Nations here on this site.
Nico, the loyal look out. Or is he? Is it possible that Nico is and has been in the pay of another Nation, possibly the Scarlet Moon Empire, that would certainly explain the Red (possibly Scarlet) eye on his bandana he wears. And also, what of Wendell? Nico seems to be afraid of her and she seems to know him fairly well. Is she possibly a higher ranked officer in this organization that they are in?
----------------------------------------
Possibilities are as follows-

1) Nico is just a good look out who messes up when it can't be prevented and Wendell just really likes being a lookout so she keeps an eye on him to learn his secrets.

-This is the idea that the game expresses

2) Nico is a spy in the pay of another country that has had it's eye on Obel and the surronding islands and is reporting to Wendell or another officer.
*Same except Wendell is just a girl wanting to learn how to be a lookout

-Red eye on bandana
-Not seen in any meetings

3) Nico is a super-natural being who is in Contact with the Fog Ship Guide.

-He didn't "spot" the fog ship, even though he supposedly has exellcent vision.

--------
Other theories

4) Nico is a True Rune Bearer, the rune is affixed to his head, the True Rune is the TR of Vision?

---------
Below are counter arguements in shadow text

1) None, this is the best idea
2) The eye signifies his lookout position. During the meeting he had lookout duty. and He is/was in Obel Palace employ.

3) Super natural fog, can't be seen through.

4) Very unlikely, but possible

This is intended to be funny not actually true, I have specifed the counter reasons above.

Thanks for reading,

DHA (C) (2005)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Nico was a spy for Scarlet Moon Empire I doubt that Wendell is a higer ranking officer. I would think that it would be more plausible that he's worried that she may be watching him and catch him being a spy and doing spyly things. Perhaps the eye is like a magic symbol that can link to a reciever in the Scarlet Moon Empire. Instead of having to have talks about it, which are hard to keep secret, they can have a direct feed and the red only supports that its from the Scarlet Moon Empire. Nico would do it, too. Jut look in his eyes and you'll see that treachery there inlaid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An interesting point, I hadn't considered that

~Tinto~
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is why I hate Suikoden IV. There's not too much character depth, and it's inevitable that theories like these just pop up and there's no evidence to prove or disprove it...
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did disprove them, sort of if you check the shadow text

~Tinto~
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Wendel just makes him nervous because she wants to be better than him as a lookout so she looks for him making mistakes. Someone standing over my shoulder who is looking for me to make mistakes generally makes me nervous. I do not know how this affects your work but I am sure I am not the only one. Her being attactive makes it just that much more difficult to keep your mind on the task.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A valid point, it is a proven fact that hormones wreck havoc with being on task. Though I think that if some one in Suiko 4 needs a girl, it would be Desmond

~Tinto~
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Desmond needs a personality first, along with the majority of the characters in SIV.

I don't sense any sort of attraction between them, so either a) they're intense rivals (Nico doesn't want Wendell cutting in on his turf) or b) related in some way (I personally don't want my younger sister to be around me, especially if I'm doing something important, like answering posts online :D). I sorta sense that second kind of relationship between Nico and Wendell. Or I could be wrong. I haven't played SIV in 3 months so I may be mistaken.

By the way, Nico didn't spot the Fog Ship because it appeared out of nowhere and bumped into them.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will you people read the GD shadow text

it says "because the fog was supernatural there for Nico couldn't see through it"

~Tinto~
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is possible, however, the eye could of been just a drawing to make him look egyptian or something. Also, I don't know if it was ever mentioned that used that kind of tactic in the other games. To me, it seems that Wendel is just something breathing behind Nico's neck. Nico mentioned he doesn't think Wendel is a bad person. Just that he doesn't want someone to be always around him I suppose. Kind of like an annoying lil kid that follows you around and want to get rid of.

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're totally an item! *in my opinion*
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh oddly enough neco calls wendel a guy....

{spoilors} highlight below

Neco's commet box #3:
"Wendel is... Well, he's not a bad guy, but he just keeps following me, even though I said I don't need any apprentices..."

wendel's ending:
"She studies assidously, determined to prove that she knows more than Nico."

Azn Shado99

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, Nico is a both a good look out who messes up when it can't be prevented and Wendell just really likes being a lookout so she keeps an eye on him to learn his secrets and Nico was in Contact with the Fog Ship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: