Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A new theory regarding the Crowley and Mazus timeline.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know it's appeared in basically all the suikodens so far that's not similar that's the same setting. The Night rune transported people through time and Viki does it each time she turns up. I'm not saying the idea they travelled time is right, I prefer the reincarnation idea since it fits Crowley and Mazus' aim to defeat the need of having a true rune, a form of agelessness. But this time travelling is a possibility and I think that's all qenacu is trying to point out.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is the problem with reincarnation.

Well, chances are they would have had different bodies if their souls relocated, wouldn't you agree. So, if they did reicarnate, for all we know Mazus or Crowley could have been anyone in a former life. They could have been Graham Cray or Lino en Kuldes or a simple farmer for all that we know. Who knows how long they have lived, and how many bodies they have had. This story just gets messy.

When I look at the time line, the way I see it, is that the Crowley & Mazus that died first, is the same person/body/soul that was born later. Not the same soul with a different body/person. That is why time travel makes more sense to me. If they are the same people(bodies) I would support time travel. If they are the same souls, but different bodies, then I would support reincarnation. I never have known anyone to reincarnate in suikoden but plenty of folks time travel. Of course that doesn't make reincarnation impossible, but I don't see why the idea of time travel is ridiculous.

By the way, on a side note, I was looking at a couple of the posts, and it seems that some of you think I'm saying that they had the power to time travel all along, and choose to time travel for whatever reason to fight on this mountain. I never said this, so if this is what you may be thinking, it's not what I'm saying.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The idea of time travel for Crowley and Mazus. Hmmmm.. I'm not saying that it's impossible for the two of them to time travel, but I don't find time travelling to fit them considering that they have no reason why they wanted to time travel, when they time travel, how they time travel, and so on. You said that all those are unimportant, but I disagree. When you make a theory, you must have a good explanation on why this and that are so and so. You can't just say that they time travel, but not caring about the other things. While it is possible that they time travel, your theory doesn't have any supporting ideas that say that they time travelled at all.

Quote:
The evidence is that they were borm in 345 and 374, then died in 340. If that's not evidence, I don't know what is.

Unfortunately, it's not supporting idea (or evidence) at all. The fact that they were born in IS 345 and IS 374, and died in IS 340 didn't have anything to do at all with the theory of them time travelling.

Quote:
But I do ask, why is everyone so convinced they reincarnated. What is the evidence for that? Why is that so believable but time travel isn't?

I personally don't have any "preferable theory" when it comes to Crowley and Mazus' mystery, but I find reincarnation theory to be more plausible than your time travelling. You want to know why? If you seriously read and compare the two theories, you'd find it that the reincarnation theory has way more supporting ideas that would fit on why reincarnation could be the answer to the mystery. On the other hand, your theory only said "It's possible that they time travel" which we know is possible, but you don't have any supporting ideas to support your theory at all because you chose to say that it's not important on why, how, when, etc they time travel.

Quote:
So, if they did reicarnate, for all we know Mazus or Crowley could have been anyone in a former life.

The bodies, yes. The soul, no. So while Mazus and Crowley could be in form of someone else, they were still Mazus and Crowley's soul.

Quote:
They could have been Graham Cray or Lino en Kuldes or a simple farmer for all that we know.

They could be in their bodies, but once again, the soul would still be Mazus and Crowley's.

Quote:
Who knows how long they have lived, and how many bodies they have had. This story just gets messy.

Well it will be messy if you try to trace all the way back to the "first" Crowley and Mazus, but you don't need to do that because they are quite irrelevant. The reincarnation theory is only aimed to explain the mystery between the death of the magicians in IS 340 and how they were born in later years. So their previous lives (prior to the IS 340's) are not important to the theory.

Quote:
When I look at the time line, the way I see it, is that the Crowley & Mazus that died first, is the same person/body/soul that was born later.

How could you come to this conclusion just by looking at the timeline? It doesn't mention anything about them having the same body at all.

Quote:
but I don't see why the idea of time travel is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous, it's just severely lacking of supporting ideas.

I realize that your point is just to say that time travel could be the answer to the mystery, and I think we all agree with the fact that it's a possibility. But what we want to know from you is why should we believe that they did time travel instead of reincarnate or any other theories out there? You have yet to give good answer to that question.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have seen similar questions asking the same thing. "Why would they travel back in time?" I hope that what you are about to read will clear up any thoughts, questions, or concerns.

I am not claiming that I know why they time travelled. I have no idea. I'm clueless. I have no explanation as to why. None whatsoever. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero, naught, nil, zippo, zot, zipperony, so on and so forth. Unless if I jump to conclusions, which I am not going to do.

Now, of course, you're saying to yourself, "If you can't explain why, then why would should I believe you?"

Excellent question. Here's why.

In the following I intend to prove that time travel is not only the best solution, but the only solution.

Crowley and Mazus, were born respectively, in the years 345 and 374. However they both died in the year 340. This may look strange, dying first then being born second, but this is what happed. No one disputes that they died in 340, but the question is, how it that possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE REINCARNATION THEORY

Reincarnation. The rebirth of the soul in another body. To be reborn or to be born again.

First off, let's assume the timeline is accurate, because if not, then what are we working with?

Now, when I see a man on a time line, being born in 374 and dying in 340, I'm thinking, "Okay, that's a little weird." And at first glance I'd might think, "Hey, that's reincarnation at work." But, at a second glance, I would see that there's only one birth and one death. Only one birth. Where is the rebirth? You need a minimum of two births to be qualified as reincarnating. Otherwise it wouldn't be reincarnation, no matter how you look at it. If I claim the rebirth is in 374, then where is the original birth? No where to be found on the timeline. If I am convinced, they reincarnated, there is only one arguement I could have. The timeline is not correct. It is missing some information, therefore not accurate. Now 345 and 374 were either their original birth dates or their 'rebirth' birth dates, but either way I am missing one set of birth dates. However, if the timeline is correct, unfortunately, reincarnation is not correct, the fact being that they were only born once.

The truth is, it's either one way or the other. Either reincarnation is wrong, and the timeline is right, or the timeline is wrong, and reincarnation is right. One of them has to be wrong. They can't possibly both be right. If they were both right, that would result in a contradiction. Assuming the timeline is correct, there is no way reincarnation could have occured. No chance. None.

Time travel, whether perferred or not, is the only thing consistent with the time line.

So what do you think?
Does any of this make sense?

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE CLONIG THEORY

The cloning theory, just like the reincarnation theory, is not possible, unless of course the timeline is wrong.

"It was their clones who really died in 340! Or it was the 'real' Mazus and Crowley that died in 340!"

The first explanation, that their clones died in 340 and the 'real' Mazus and Crowley are alive today. Well, how did they clone people who weren't even born yet? When were the clones born/die? When were the 'real' Mazus and Crowley born/die? You're missing some dates. We would need at least four birth dates, we have four people, but we only have two. Something's not adding up. Either birth dates have been neglected, therefore the timeline is not accurate. Or the timeline is accurate, and there were no clones.

As for the second explanation, that the 'real' Mazus and Crowley died in 340 and their clones are alive and well today. So your saying in S1 and S2 we are playing with their clones? Even so, how were you able to clone them if they died in 340? When were the 'real' Mazus and Crowley originally born? In 374 and 345? Or was that their clones birth dates? If so, where are their original birth dates? No matter how you look at it, we're missing some information on the time line. And, again, either the timeline is inaccurate or there were no clones.

As far as other possibilities, "It was their twin brothers who really died that day! Or better yet, it was their fathers! Yeah, the Mazus and Crowley we really know of are Mazus Jr. and Crowley Jr. Their fathers died in 340. Well how ere they born 5 and 24 years later? Well that still leaves out their brothers/fathers birth dates. Unless, of course, the timeline left that out as well.

We can go on and on, but the problem is, either the timeline is wrong, or the theory is wrong. If we keep concluding the timeline is wrong, then what good is the timeline? No good. If the theory is wrong, then we can just say it's wrong. The only theory that is consistent and doens't contradict the timeline, is the time travel theory.

It's understandable that the time travel theory is not popuplar with the fans of Mazus and Crowley. Lots of people like them, and want to see them return in future suikoden games. So killing them off is obviously not a popular idea. Chances are you would be more willingly to accept alternate theories such as reicarnation, cloning, ect. Reincarnation and cloning, makes sense if you are trying to keep them alive. You can kill them off again and again, and they could just keep coming back. But if you support reincarnation or cloning, then you would have to say either the timeline is wrong, or say that you are contradicting yourself.

The reason why I accept the time travel theory over the other theories, is because it is the only one that is not contradicting itself, and is consistent with the timeline. After all, if you are going to have a timeline, you mine as well take it seriously. Otherwise, what's the point in having one?

So what do you think?
Does any of this make sense?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The theory is viable, despite it's lack of wide-spread popularity.

But the thing is, yes, the time-line is low on details, because it is mainly a fan-made effort based on the small details we get. We only get told what is relevent. For example, we know that Crowley and Mazus died during their battle because it is stated in the information released on the Karakas region. We know their date of 'return' because their ages at the time of their game appearances were subtracted from the year the game takes place in. The timeline is not concrete.

What we do know is that they are the same Crowley and Mazus, spirit-wise, at the very least. The Crowley of the present has the same thoughts etc as the Crowley of the past, ditto Mazus, we know it isn't a case of 'same names, nothing else'.

It's a possible theory but there is no reason to consider over the reincarnation theory. And that's the problem.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say what lends the time-travel theory credibility is that Crowley and Mazus only have birthdates listed after their deaths. If they really had reincarnated, shouldn't they have two birthdates listed? One for when they were actually born, and one for when they reincarnate? If they really time-travelled, they would have been born in their respective years, lived for however long they did, time-travel when they did, and then died before they were born, end of story. If we believe the reincarnation theory then we're short of information. And as other people mentioned, time travel is not outside the realm of possibility in Suikoden, while reincarnation has never been alluded too.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik wrote:
I'd say what lends the time-travel theory credibility is that Crowley and Mazus only have birthdates listed after their deaths. If they really had reincarnated, shouldn't they have two birthdates listed?

I already answered that statement if you would care to read one post above you. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I intend to prove that time travel is not only the best solution, but the only solution.

Actually, you haven't managed to do so because once again, you failed to give supporting ideas to your own theory. You cannot say a theory is true because you can't think of other possible solutions (and I'll go to argue the other points after this). Say if there's a fire at your house, it wouldn't be wrong to call your parents first, but the "right" thing to do is to contact the fire department instead.

Quote:
Only one birth. Where is the rebirth? You need a minimum of two births to be qualified as reincarnating. Otherwise it wouldn't be reincarnation, no matter how you look at it. If I claim the rebirth is in 374, then where is the original birth? No where to be found on the timeline.

I agree that reincarnation would need two births, but at the same time, you must realize that the timeline is not complete. Hence, why Mazus and Crowley's birth/death year becomes a mystery in the first place. While only having 1 birth year makes the reincarnation theory to be less plausible, it is by no means disproving it considering the fact that the timeline is not complete.

Quote:
If I am convinced, they reincarnated, there is only one arguement I could have. The timeline is not correct. It is missing some information, therefore not accurate.

Well if you are serious and really paying attention, you would definitely notice how the timeline is indeed missing LOTS of information (such as Riou's birth year, etc). But the timeline is as accurate as it could get with such limited information released by Konami. So it is not that the timeline is wrong, it's just that we don't have detailed enough information from Konami. Again, this is not proving the reincarnation theory to be wrong.

Quote:
Either reincarnation is wrong, and the timeline is right, or the timeline is wrong, and reincarnation is right. One of them has to be wrong. They can't possibly both be right.

As mentioned above, it's a fact that the timeline is NOT complete. I repeat, not complete. So you couldn't take it as if everything that happened in timeline as the only things that happened in Suikoden World. There are LOTS of things that happened in Suikoden World that wasn't released by Konami. Hence, couldn't be put into the timeline.

Quote:
Time travel, whether perferred or not, is the only thing consistent with the time line.

Well not really. Reincarnation could also be consistent with the timeline if there are more info releasead by Konami in the future. And while time travel would be consistent with the timeline, it would still have no supporting ideas at all. Hence, still a pretty weak theory.

Quote:
The cloning theory, just like the reincarnation theory, is not possible, unless of course the timeline is wrong.

The cloning theory is possible. There is no rule whatsoever that stated that we can only have 1 clone in the world. So why can't the original Crowley and Mazus cloned themselves to have 3275983279650280982034 clones, and the two that died in IS 340 were simply two of the many clones they have? And the ones that were born later on were simply another two clones that they created.

Quote:
We can go on and on, but the problem is, either the timeline is wrong, or the theory is wrong. If we keep concluding the timeline is wrong, then what good is the timeline? No good.

That is because you're a bit close-minded on this case (no offense intended btw). You take the timeline as if it takes notes of every single thing that happened in Suikoden World. So if it's not in the timeline, then it didn't happen. Well that way of thinking is wrong. So you need to rethink your whole argument.

Quote:
The reason why I accept the time travel theory over the other theories, is because it is the only one that is not contradicting itself, and is consistent with the timeline.

As mentioned above, both reincarnation and cloning theories would also fit the timeline. So you're wrong again here.

Quote:
Otherwise, what's the point in having one?

The point of having a timeline is to have a report in chronological order of the things that we know that happened in Suikoden World. It obviously doesn't include every single thing like you expected it to be. If we follow your way of thinking, then Riou doesn't exist in Suikoden World because he doesn't have a birth year. WHOA, we're playing as a ghost. x_x

EDIT: I just would like to clarify one thing to prevent misunderstanding. I'm not saying that the time travel theory is crap. But my point is that you need to start focusing more on proving your theory to be right than trying to disprove the other theories.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Last edited by Aurelien on Mon May 09, 2005 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I'm puzzling this out as I go along, so bear with me. I'm trying to think of a plausible reason why Crowley and Mazus would time travel, if that is indeed how they died before they were born. Alright, here goes...

There is no disputing that Crowley and Mazus are incredibly powerful mages in their own right, nigh to True Rune power. What's more, they gained this power through intense study. Within their studies I'm sure that time travel made an appearance once or twice, and they could have learned the secret of it. Now, given the intense rivalry between Crowley and Mazus and the power that they wield, any duel between the two would likely result in depth. They were smart enough people to realise this too. Now, if one were to die in the present, I'm thinking that would be it, you're dead, exit soul stage left. However, what would happen if one were to die before they were born? As far as I can figure, this would not likely have any effect on the circumstances leading up to your birth, as long as the deceased parents were in no way effected by the death of their future child. Getting confusing yet?

If this were so, then Crowley and Mazus would both likely know this. So, in order to insure that death would not be the end of the road, they both travelled back in time when their confrontation inevitably occured. During the course of the battle, the magical conflagration killed both of them. However, these were people schooled in the arcane secrets, and each no doubt studied life and death. I don't find it inconceivable to think that they had a way not to go wherever souls go upon death, and hung around. Then, when their respective parents conceived, this soul entered the vessel, since he was in fact the rightful soul for that body. So now, you have a reborn Crowley, and a reborn Mazus, but both of them have the soul of their future self that returned from the future, thus entitling them both to all of their previous knowledge.

Alright, it's not a perfect theory, and I don't even know if I agree with it over reincarnation or any other theory, it was just fun to postulate. I welcome comments and criticism, but prefer if it is constructive. Let's see if we can't hammer out something plausible for time travel, since we don't have any right or wrong after all, at least until Konami says so.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, that's an interesting addition to support the time travelling theory. But once again, there is no direct supporting ideas to support the theory. Like the one thing where you mentioned "I'm sure that time travel made an appearance once or twice" While this is true (Crowley and Mazus were both involved in Gate Rune War and Dunan Unification War respectively and Viki was definitely involved in both wars), the following bit about them learning the secret of it is a very big speculation.

So far, we only know Night Rune, Viki, and Little Viki to be able to time travel. Night Rune most likely was able to do it because it's a True Rune. Little Viki, we have no idea about. Viki seemed to have no clue either because she seemed to not realize things when she actually time travelled. So it would be quite hard IMO for Crowley and Mazus to be able to "learn" time travel. Of course, it's still possible.

Then the problem with the post above is the question on whether Crowley and Mazus changed the future or not. Say they went back to IS 340 so they could be born once again in latter years and entered the bodies with their "old" soul, like what Kalidor said. Would that mean that they're stuck in that cycle of "born - time travel to the past - death - born" ? Or would it be a one time deal as in "born - time travel to the past - death - born - avoid time travel/death by not time travelling - real death" ? This is a very difficult thing to discuss due to the lack of supporting ideas.

Again, it is possible, but I have yet to see a satisfying explanation on the time travelling theory.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, we can't denounce the theory of reincarnation because we never know when they were first born. We just know they both died in IS 340. We also know they were almost equal in magic, but Crwley is slightly superior allowing him to be reborn earlier only 5 years later when it took Mazus 34 years. That doesn't help the theory of time travel, it just shows that Crowley was a better mage and could use magic to be reincarnated quicker.

The time travel theory is plausible, but just because they didn't have a birth date before IS 340 does not mean they weren't born before then. With that said and analysing your theory, I still can't fathom a reason why they would travel back to IS 340 to battle. You give a theory, but then show that he could just have easily done so in the present which makes the theory less credible. But, I agreew that you give an interesting and plausible reason, but it still doesn't make it more acceptible than the reincarnation theory.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you are saying the timeline is not accurate. No surprises here. Like I said earlier, either the timeline is wrong, or the theory.

Of course, with the timeline being wrong and all, the problem is, any theory will do. We can fill in the blanks, as we see fit, to make sense of the situation.

With the timeline how it is at present, time travel is the only theory that works. That's all I'm trying to say. If you don't agree with at least that part, there is nothing I can say.

On a lighter side, here are a couple of quotes that I felt were entertaining:

Quote:

So why can't the original Crowley and Mazus cloned themselves to have 3275983279650280982034 clones, and the two that died in IS 340 were simply two of the many clones they have? And the ones that were born later on were simply another two clones that they created.

Lol. That's a good one! You have a sense of humor. I can't believe you put that up there! I don't even think you believe that story. Honestly, if so many clones why even bother mentioning two who died in 340 and two born in 345 and 374.

Quote:

The time travel theory is plausible, but just because they didn't have a birth date before IS 340 does not mean they weren't born before then.

It doesn't? You too, have a sense of humor! Well if that's the case, the any and everybody in the suikoden world is a candidate for reincarnation. No birth date before 340, no reincarnation. If you're going to ignore things like this, then what can I say that would make any sense?

Oh, but seriously, no offense to anyone. It' all in good fun.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Of course, with the timeline being wrong and all, the problem is, any theory will do. We can fill in the blanks, as we see fit, to make sense of the situation.

You are still mistaken. The timeline is right, it's not wrong. It's just that the timeline is not complete because of the limited information that Konami released. There's a huge difference between wrong and incomplete.

A wrong timeline would mean that there was a mistake in it regarding the time of an event (say for example: it turned out that Mazus and Crowley died in IS 440 instead of IS 340).

An incomplete timeline would mean that the information in it is correct, but it's just not filled with all the things that happened yet (say for example: Mazus and Crowley really died in IS 340, but maybe were born the first time in IS 280 or something, then born again after IS 340).

You need to realize the difference.

Quote:
With the timeline how it is at present, time travel is the only theory that works. That's all I'm trying to say.

I agree, but it doesn't mean anything because we know that the timeline is incomplete. If we go by the timeline to support your theory, then you have to believe that Riou was never born, Pesmerga was never born, Viki was never born, and so on. Do you believe all that? Obviously no. So you can't strictly follow the timeline to support your time travel theory while not doing the same when it comes to the birth of other characters.

Quote:
I don't even think you believe that story. Honestly, if so many clones why even bother mentioning two who died in 340 and two born in 345 and 374.

I actually think that it's very possible that the cloning was done. As for why bother mentioning the two who died in IS 340, maybe because those two were the only clones that managed to have a duel. Hence, significant to the history of Suikoden World.

Quote:
Well if that's the case, the any and everybody in the suikoden world is a candidate for reincarnation.

Not really, because none of the others were mentioned as dead before being born. So obviously, once again, it only applied to Crowley and Mazus.

Quote:
No birth date before 340, no reincarnation. If you're going to ignore things like this, then what can I say that would make any sense?

Time for me to ask you. Do you really believe that Riou was never born because there was no birth date in the timeline? If you answer no, then what do you think of the main character of Suikoden II that we control in the game?

I choose to accept that the timeline is incomplete, and I choose to think following that point of view. On the other hand, you seem to ignore the timeline for some cases, while following it strictly for the other. Which one is your real way of thinking? Contradiction is not something good when it comes to building up a theory.

And of course, no offense intended either. I just thought I'd point out the difference in our point of views (which there's nothing wrong with it).

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The point I'm trying to make is that just because they don't give Crowley and Mazus a birthdate before IS 340 doesn't mean they weren't born before then. It just means that the creators don't know when Crowley and Mazus were first born. This is very common in history for people to not have a known birthdate. It just gives more mystery to their character.

Quote:

It doesn't? You too, have a sense of humor! Well if that's the case, the any and everybody in the suikoden world is a candidate for reincarnation. No birth date before 340, no reincarnation. If you're going to ignore things like this, then what can I say that would make any sense?

This statement is absurd because there are plenty of reasons why a person would have a birthdate other than your time travel theory. I gave you a prime example in the previous paragraph. The fact is that you don't know they have a birthdate. You're ASSUMING they don't which is not a good thing to do since there are plenty other characters who have no birthdate, Black Pesmerga gives you prime examples in the heroes of Suikoden 1, 2, and 4.

We know Tir McDohl was born at some point or he would not have a father and we know he's not ancient because of his appearance, and we know he didn't time travel because of Gremio's history and that also denounces the fact that he was reincarnated. So, to state that time travel is the only feasible theory is flawed. No birthdate in no way equivalates to no reincarnation.

Like Black Pesmerga said, the timeline is correct, just incomplete for obvious reasons in which only the creators know. So, it's not whether I agree with you or not, I'm just pointing out that the timeline theory is in no way superior to the reincarnation theory eventhough it is credible.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Revolving Sphere wrote:
I'm just pointing out that the timeline theory is in no way superior to the reincarnation theory eventhough it is credible.

Can't resist, so I have to say that you meant "time travel theory" and not "timeline theory" hehehe. Minor detail but could get people confused. :?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: