Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

relatioships in suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er... That would be a decent idea, but imagine Suikoden having at least 40+ female characters... That would be a TON of work for Konami to create an ending for the each of them... Imagine that...
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
The tricky part is the homosexual coupling, may it be male-male or female-female, because those who believe it most likely based it on the close relationship between the two characters (example: Rina-Eilie, Fliktor, Seed-Culgan, Miklotov-Camus, etc) which IMO were only meant to be friends.

I've heard of the rest but Rina-Eilie? :shock: I didn't know there were incest pairings as well. At least Bolgan wasn't included there. :?

I think Konami has done a great job in the romance aspect of the Suikoden games. They've left a pretty wide opening for the fans to wonder what happened to those who got together (Iku+Franz, Hix+Tengaar), and also for those who didn't (Tir+Kasumi, Riou+Eilie, Hugo+Belle) and what could have been if they had gotten together. *insert fanfic here*

I don't think there should a restriction as to how serious this should be taken, as it's one of the most interesting aspects of the game.

Oh, and count me in on the Viktor bandwagon.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You missed hero4+Millay Highwind, and, in a way, Thomas+Cecile...
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yeah. I wonder about Millay too. She reminds me of Kasumi. Perhaps it's not coincidental that they're under the same star?

But really, shouldn't everything just be about Ronnie and Mose? :mrgreen:
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like the couples in the Suikoden series :?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why not? Riou and Ellie would have made a cute couple... As would Thomas and Cecile... AND Ronnie and Mose, according to my dear friend Highwind here... :lol:
Samwise

Gardeners

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Not sure if I'm alone in this or not but, personally? If Viktor were real I would go out with him in a heartbeat. He's quite handsome and he has a good personality. (And I would say Annabelle definately fell for his charm as well.) Just because a guy doesn't look like the average bishie out there doesn't mean there aren't going to be girls who find him attractive.

Viktor... *drools*

But yeah, I definitely think romance is handled nicely in Suikoden. It's subtle, so as not to shove a couple whom you think has absolutely no chemistry down your throat *cough*FF8*cough*. Quite frankly, I hate it in general when romance is integrated into the plot, because then things start to get cheesy and boring and off-track. And the openness to intrepretation makes it a win-win situation for everyone.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite "Blind Love" couple is Teressa and Shin. <_<

It's so ovbious, but not even they apparently know about it. It's so cute.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally RELLY like the subtle feelings between Annabelle and Viktor. The entire "could have/would been" situation drives me nutz! *froths*
Samwise

Gardeners

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I personally RELLY like the subtle feelings between Annabelle and Viktor. The entire "could have/would been" situation drives me nutz! *froths*

Me too! The fact the Jowy killed her is the main reason I don't like the kid. Stupid Jowy...

I love the stuff between Flik and Odessa too. Too bad we never get to see them interact much. I guess it's another one of those leave-it-to-your-imagination things. I'm personally a big Viktor/Flik fan as well, but I won't go into that...

Another relationship I really like is pre-Sturm Kelley/Clive/Elza. It's one of the very few three-way, yet loving relationships I can totally see happening. And they're all incredibly good-looking people too. :mrgreen:

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish that Riou and Ellie's romance had been more indepth, I thought They really suited each other. Flik and Nina's crush was quite amusing. There are many combinations you could use in suikoden series in regards to romance I always though Apple and Shu would be good together.
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well first off, Viktor is a sweetheart, funny, and really, really tall. Two qualities I like in a man, lol.

But anywho, I'd have to agree with those who say that the way Suikoden's relationships are being played is great. It is great that they're all very subtle and leave you to your own thoughts about them. I'll admit I've coupled plenty of people with absolutely no grounds to back it up, but I like that they have those that are just crushes, or people that are already together and you don't have to sit through the whole process of seeing them become a couple. It adds realism to me. It shows that these people all do have their own lives. "So-n-so has feelings for so-n-so, but is scared to say something"- it happens. "Before the whole war thing so-n-so apparently was married to so-n-so and after said war is over, they'll continue their lives together"- makes sense to me. It's just not being shoved in your face every five minutes though. You know, the sappy music. The moments where we have to reveal feelings. That's being saved for off screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: