Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Suikoden Dream Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

butters wrote:
Yup Tell me your Suikoden dream team you can use ANYONE out of all 4 games in a 6 Man or woman party of course they will have to be stars of destiny in one of the fours games.

*EDIT* Might as well clarify for any one else thats going to post in this thread, JOWY is NOT a Star of Destiny so please no more choosing him just becouse he was in your party for a bit in Suikoden 2.

I'm quoting the thread starter.

Volrath

Forsaken

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

front row:

Flik(s2) - one of my favorite characters in the series good atk + his magic is decent. His role in suikoden also plays into my choice

Pesmerga(s2) - Hes probably one of the most popular charaters in the series for his looks and his stats being one of the more powerful attackers in the game.

Viktor(s2) - Viktor is by far my favorite character in the series of suikoden. Strong character in battle as well as in the storyline. I couldnt picture a "dream team" of suikoden without him in it.

back row:

Riou(s2) - The healer of my suikoden allstar team. he is relativly fast and has a good atk + magic balance and can be placed in the back row

Tir(s1) - Tir has the best rune in suikoden(ingame battles). his ability to kill a whole group of enemies in 1 magic attack makes him a top choice for any team. Not to mention his speed + atk power

Luc(s3) - Offensive mage/backup healer of the "dream team" equipped with the true wind rune this guy can really do some damage + heal if needed
Gizel Godwin

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh...let me think.

I'd definitely have Flik on my dream team. You more or less had to use him in the first Suikoden, which was fine with me, and he only got better for the second game. Stat-wise, he's one of the best all-rounder's, and a pretty damn good fighter/mage hybrid. Of course, he'd need to have a Lightning/Thunder Rune (how can he be Blue Lightning without one?!?).

Second up, I'd probably choose Kika. Her Falcon Rune can cause insane damage if you equip her correctly. She is very in control of her emotions and is a very good leader. The level of respect people had for her was amazing. She just stood out so easily amongst the Suikoden 4 characters, and she arguably has the best character design in the game.

Third choice would be Ronnie Bell. She remains to this day my favourite bare-fisted fighter. Her Hate Rune does great damage, and there's no penalty for using it, so it's incredibly abuse-able (of course, the same can be said for Kika's Falcon Rune). I also have a weakness for fiery red-heads, so Ronnie more than qualifies.

Fourth has to be Lorelai. Having somebody so versatile with weaponry would definitely be handy to have around. I think she's the only person who used a Bow who could also equip a shield. She seems to be a very determined young woman, which is a good quality to have in a team.

Fifth would be Kate. From the second I saw Kate's artwork, I knew I was going to like her. Sure enough, she's definitely one of my favourite Suikoden 4 characters. I like L-Range Mages, a role Kate performs very well. Her attack is solid, and I do love the shuriken. Kate's my favourite Ninja character, so I had to include her.

Last, but certainly not least, I'd choose Cleo. My all time-favourite L-Range mage. Cleo would fulfil the healer role in this team, just as she did in the first Suikoden. She's fiercely loyal without being a brown-noser, and is more than willing to fight for what is right.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It took a bit of thinking for me to decide this one, I mean do I set up a party that would be unbeatable or just the characters I like to play together or my favs... Here's what I decided:

Valeria - If you know me this was basically a given, I maintain that she is one of the strongest single characters in the entire series - one could say Kika's falcon rune was better, however Valeria was the total package stat-wise - great attack, defense, speed, technique... No doubts she would be there.

Second slot in the front row goes to Kika. It is perhaps a bit cheap having two strong Falcon rune users in the same party ( we dont count Anita as strong :P ), but like has been said above - Kika was one of the best most memorable Suiko 4 characters and strong to boot.

Third slot was open for debate.... Did I want a tank like Fred, a boss tank/crazyman like Bob or the one I think I would choose Kasumi. It was the hardest decision in GS2 - Kasumi or Valeria. In my dream team there is both.

First slot in the back row... I almost went Aila but seeing the current proportion of girls in my party and the greater spells of Bright Sheild it has to be Riou. His unite with Tir is awesome, he's a strong magic caster and has a heal/berzerk spell. Can't complain about that.

Middle back - I was tempted to take a mage, but for pure "anytime" party effectiveness I'd choose Bob. It almost seems a waste having him in the back row since in Warewolf form he has doubled DEF, but one of the best things about him is his M range. Double beat rune is a necessity here to get the most out of his Rabid Fangs. I cast Battle Earth in the first round to hopefully zerk him since he holds the zerk status well on his own. If you're after massive crits with this guy, double strike instead of double beat makes him really painful, without compromising defense since his warewolf form outweighs the downsides of the rune. The only time I've ever seen Bob die in his warewolf form was when Neclord zapped him with an instant death beam! Definately one of my fav chars ever.

Last back - Tir. Without a question still my favourite star of destiny and standing right behind Kasumi to boot ^_^ Soul Eater is a great rune and basically every one of his stats is greater than Riou to boot.

So that gives me...

3 characters from Suiko 1 and 2 ( Valeria, Kasumi, Tir )
2 characters from Suiko 2 ( Riou, Bob )
1 character from Suiko 4 ( Kika ).

Sad that noone from GS3 made it :(
If anyone my favs there were Fred with firefly for "sheild defense", "defense", or 0-1 damage if neither of the above... the best tank in Suiko ;P Also Mel was amazing with a Thunder rune, blindingly fast and Branky was a lot of fun. Lastly Ayda my fav healer from 3 - the sheild rune was awsome and Ayda was great even without it. Ayame was another great character but not as good as Kasumi

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok here is my Suikoden Dream Team:

Front Row:

1. Yuber, for his Eightfold Rune and his affinity with monsters, not to mention his skill as both a physical and magical character would make him a great character to have on the team.
2. Geddoe, for his True Lightning Rune and his generally cool personality, he's very much mysterious and he reminds me of a more powerful version of Humphrey.
3. Tir McDohl, for his great all around stats, and his Soul Eater Rune aka the Rune of Life and Death, that rune was amazing in both Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2 when weilded by Tir McDohl, and Ted was also amazing with it in Suikoden 4. I also really like Tir McDohl's personality, of all the hero's he's probably the best, he's noble and decided to help a good cause against the corrupt Scarlet Moon Empire.

Back Row:

1. Riou, for his great healing abilities and his all around amazing stats, his level 4 spell with the Bright Sheild Rune is in my opinion one of the best spells featured in the whole Suikoden series. He would certainly kick ass.
2. Hugo, he had a great personality and I loved the True Fire Rune, his stats were rather brilliant, and of all the Suikoden 3 potential heroes, I find Hugo to be the most suitable hero.
3. Sasarai, combining Sasarai's True Earth Rune protective abilities with Riou's Bright Sheild Rune's healing abilities would help the party very much in battle. I also think that he is a noble person, and his loyalty towards Harmonia despite the corruption of the country is filled with deep emotion, somebody that compassionate would be useful in a party to keep in morale, and if the party were in danger he could always call upon daddy Hikusaak to send some Harmonian troops to ease the struggle.

I name my Suikoden Dream Team: The Runic Warriors.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heres my Dream team, i dont have reasoning behind them in regards to fighting im sorry:

Killey: He is just my favourite character, even in Suikoden 2 i would have him in my party as SOON as i got him, even one game i used gameshark to get him at the beginning and had him in every battle basically.

Fuma: in Suikoden 1 i always used this guy, i found with the right runes and armour as eveyrone is he could be a great fighter.

Pesmerga: Eighfold rune, baddass looking (as is Killey), and just a strong character in the nessecary deparments.

Pahn: I loved this character in Suikoden 1, he was a pretty good figher.

Clive: Again another badass, but i always used him from Suikoden 2, almost as much as Killey, but i'd switch him up with a couple other guys.

Kika: Shes a good fighter, shes good looking (for a cartoon), and shes got an interesting story behind her.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well my dream team char is

1)Tir mcdohl ..... i like this char.... he is natural leader

2)kyril .. heh non star.... but he gewD

3)Riao .... he is a perfect pair with tir mcdohl

4)clive .. he so cool!!!!!

5)stallion ... he very useful with his true godspeed rune

6)mazus ... powerful wizard.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front Row

Killey - The man, the myth, the legend with fashion sense to spare: Killey. So cool, he don't need no stinkin' battle animation! :p Take his great looks and combine them with solid stats, and he's a no brainer for the front man. Plus, he's Falenien, and that gives him at least a 10 point bonus. ;)

Kika - For sheer pirate ability, Kika is grade Aaaaarrrr plus. Of course this lovely lady is going upfront! It doesn't hurt that her special character runes is one of the not! sucky ones, and with her stat's, she's an automatic recruit that's actually useful to have. Plus? PIRATE. Any time our merry crew needs to go a boatin', she can just commandeer one so I don't have to lose my savings to Tai Ho.

Emily - POWERHOUSE. A good one, too. Amazing amounts of hits per turn when she's developed (8, I think 0.0), and high enough HP to make up for somewhat average defense. Does she suck at magic? God yes. But she doesn't need it.

Back Row

Lorelai - Her spot on the dream team was never in doubt, but it's hard to find a place to place her, since she's been able to use long range (bow), short range (whip?), and medium range (halberd) weapons! She's long, strong, and bound to put the hurt on. Good all around fighter, plus not a bad secondary mage when she's needed to be. And also? She's cool. The only problem is her and Killey would probably fight all the time, so perhaps they should be kept far apart from one another. Though they *do* seem to be able to share that balcony outside Tai Yo's restaurant for most of Suikoden II in peace, so who knows. :D

Clive - Eschewing the regular archer spot, I'll take Clive. Why? His extremely high tech skill. He's fast, and he never fails to hit the target. I've had Clive wipe out entire parties, or the the very least, severly incapatate them. The only downside? Clive suck-diddly-ucks at magic. But like Emily, he's never going to need it, and his advantages outweigh his suckness.

Sasarai - Unfortunately, the party needs a mage, and since most of the party is lackluster with magic, we need a good one. And thus, Sasarai is our man. With his earth rune, he's got a good defensive arsenal to start with; slap a water rune on him and maybe a pale gate to have some good attack magic and you've got yourself a damn good support mage. Of course, his skills suck, but with most of the party being good fighters beside him, he'll be well protected. :D Besides, if we go by his Suikoden II appearence, he has a hat truly befitting of wearing. FLOPPY, PONCY BISHOP'S HAT FOR THE WIN.

Support

Leon Silverberg - Ok, I'm kind of cheating, since Leon was never a support character, but dude, you know he would be awesome at it, and I had to put him in here somewhere. XD

Dios - And, seriously this time, Dios. Not because he's particularily good at what he does (though discount isn't a bad skill to have; just too bad Martha's is better than his), but just because his character design rocks, and I am petty like that. Besides, Sasarai may need the attendant with all the abrasive people in this party. :p

The Not-Quite-Ready-For-Prime-Time Players

Sarah - Great ubermage, but she gets cast out due to the fact that her permenant flowing rune blocks her use of Pale Gate magic, a shame since she's one of the few who can get an S in it.

Lucia - She uses a whip, has an uber-cool design, and is wonderfully classy. She's got good stats and she's not bad with magic. But...she can only use light armor (ack!) and she really needs some rare stuff to make her really good.

Flik and Victor - Great characters, but I couldn't put one in without the other, and there are characters I like more than either.

Salome Harras - A support mage and fighter, and one of my favorite characters. Damn good at what he does, but he suffers from being a jack of all trades - he can only swing once, and his magic is outclassed by Sasarai. Ultimately, he got phased out due to that. Plus his lack of horse must mean it takes him weeks to get places the other Zexen knights can get to faster. (Seriously, what is up with Salome's lack of horse?)

Chris Lightfellow - Chris is a great physical fighter, but she suck-diddly-ucks with magic. And since she's going to be rocking at least 1 high powered elemental magic rune for most of the game, that limits her effectiveness since she has no free rune slots and her character rune sucks. It's quite the pity, since with her skills, she just can't die in battle.

Nei - Another really good support mage - better offense than Salome since she his twice, and magic at about Salome's level. But her best magic is the jongleur rune, which, while a nice novely, is pretty much outclassed in every spell it has by other means. Plus she has to continue casting every turn, which isn't as nice as say, using bright shield for beserk, or bringing jeane in for speedier chanting.

Toppo - Can reach three hits, plus he plays the fiddle. But, on the other side, his damage is lacking, and he doesn't have the magic stats to befit a mage character. But still, he plays the fiddle, which is, y'know, pretty cool.

Cleo - The best archer/mage combo in Suikoden 1, but she's only average in the end. I'd much rather use Clive for the archer slot (since he hits more) and Sasarai for the mage slot (since he's better at magic).

Gremio - Strictly average in stats, but I like him. He generally winds up in my party for most of Suikoden I anyway, even after he doesn't have to.

Unselectable but Badly Wished for

Queen Arshetat Falenas - Because she has a beautiful character design and her rune can wipe out VILLAGES. How cool is that? It's such a pity she's most likely not a Star of Destiny; I'd love to play as her. That dress alone gets a <3! (Not to mention that glorious looking crown. <3)

Windy - You know she would kick ass in battle. An ubermage of ubermages. Just be glad you never fought her. ;)

Leknaat - Likewise to Windy, you know she would kick ass in battle. I'm not the biggest supporter of mages, but I'd make the switch to using them more often for her.

Neclord - Annoying enough to fight that I can't help but imagine he'd be a good addition to your team.

Hikusaak - I'm curious what powers the circle rune would have. (Not to mention what he looks like - surely, his hat is even poncier than Sasarai's!)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cecile

AngelicDevils

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dream team would be consisted of :
Front row
Ted-Awesome attack and magic. Plus the soul eater just adds to his appeal
Kika-Solely for her falcone rune. It's unbelievably powerful when teamed with power rings
Mitsuba- TOTAL POWERHOUSE.
Back row
Jeane-Do i even have to state anything here...
Sarah-Same as above, just unbeleivable magic
and finally...
Riou- Healer for my dream team, and also quite a good attacker
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, considering the fact that I've only played Suikoden I and II, my options will be severely limited. I must get my grubby paws on a PS2, I swear. :D

Anyway, my dream team would consist of:

Front Row:

Viktor - Definitely Viktor, thanks to his badass attack and defense stats. He'll probably function as the tank of my group, and will work well with Double Beat and Killer/Fury (whichever). Only drawback is his low magic stat, but who expects Viktor to use magic anyway? I cannot imagine Viktor casting The Shredding. :lol:

Valeria - Or at least her Suikoden I version since her Suikoden II version has the crappiest version of the Falcon Rune that I've seen. Her Falcon Rune in Suikoden I could deal out massive amounts of damage and obliterate most enemies in a strike (or at least cripple them enough to die in the next strike). She can even use a shield, which gives her elevated defense stats, so need you think any further?

Georg Prime - Okay, so his magic defense is low. Who cares, really? His attacks are devastating and he has relatively high defense. I'd consider swapping him with Genshu, though, but since I've never utilised Genshu before, I think I'll just stay with Georg.

Back Row:

Luc - He's a must-have for Suikoden II (in Suikoden I, his character portrait just creeped me out and I was rather irritated that he died after I used his Wind Rune in Scarleticia before I neutralised the flowers :lol: ) with super-high magic and magic defense stats. He stays at the back with the Rage, Cyclone and Mother Earth runes at hand to deal out enough damage to kill most enemies.

Mazus/Crowley - Okay, it's a tie here. Both are extremely good mages, and both die rather easily once hit with a normal melee attack (low defense stats, pah). I'd probably slap either one with a powerful offensive rune and perhaps a Mother Earth/Earth rune to help boost their defense stats.

Tir/Riou - Why am I having so many problems with the back row? The last position is a gamble between Tir or Riou- Tir has the Soul Eater which can wipe enemies off the face of the earth with one cast (well, not bosses, but you get the point) and Riou has the wonderful Bright Shield Rune which could be invaluable for healing and a little for offense if he has the Forgiver Sign. Either one will be given a Flowing Rune for healing purposes and perhaps Resurrection or Darkness to help with offense.

What would I name my team? I have no idea...the Damagers? That's just dorky now. Have never been good with names, never will be.

Quote:
FLOPPY, PONCY BISHOP'S HAT FOR THE WIN.

I'll probably get killed by my fellow Harmonians for saying this, but you win the Internet with that quote, Sophita. :D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angel Gabriel 777

-89 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if it was styled in s2 fighting. i'd have

Flik(s2) (you gotta admit for a pretty boy he was so freakin awesome)(front)
Jeane (s4) (finally she picked up a weapon good for her) (in back of Flik)
S2 Hero (tonfa is a badapple weapon) (front)
Futch (S3) (in back)
Mitsuba (s4) (equipped with orb of double-striking)(Front)
Landis (s3) (If only he was compatible with pale gate)

Flik Lvl. 16 weapon.
Jeane (S4) (doesn't matter i don't use her for physical attacks anyway, but rune equipped with rage, lightning and pale gate (once again if only they were compatible))
S2 hero lvl 14 weapon (atleast)
Futch lvl. 14 weapon atleast (I wish he got a true lightning rune. he deserves it.)
Mitsuba has to be godly weapon level 16
landis S3 Level 14 atleast.
Ron Gian

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like

Riou: Bright Shield
Jowy: Black Sword
Tir: Soul Eater
Luc: True Wind
Nanami: Mother Earth
Viki: Blinking

Ron (that's me!) as well (if they'd allow a seventh character): With the 28th true rune; Dead Screen Rune (cool name huh! its a mixed dark/heavenly/time-controlling rune)
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey: Resurection Rune, Double Beat Rune and Killer Rune
Chris: True Water
Gretchen: Double Beat, Doube Strike, Killer Rune

Kirkis: Thunder Rune, Cyclone Rune and Double Strike Rune
Jeane: Thunder Rune, Shield Rune, Wizard Rune
Sasarai: True Earth Rune, Flowing Rune, Blue Gate Rune

Give Gretchen, Killey and Chris Ogre Set armour, Kirkis Goblin Set, Guardian Set for Jeane and Magic Set for Sasarai. Plus power rings for Killey, Chris, Gretchen and Kirkis and Magic Rings for Jeane and Sasarai.

Gretchen would be pure physical offense as would Killey and Chris unless someone needed healing or ressurecting. Chris and Gretchen would be tanks too. Kirkis would be physical offense plus magic to bosses (thunder rune) or sets of enemies (The Shredding). Jeane would oblitorate bosses with her Thunder Rune thanks to her wizard rune, magic rings, armour and the Battlefield spell of the Shield Rune. Sasarai could heal, attack groups with Earthquake, protect from magic, cure status and attack with Blue Gate.

And that would be my ultimate/uber/unbeateble dream team. :mrgreen:
Oscar

The Dragons Who Rise to the Heavens

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Me Next!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These is my dream team

Lo Wen--She is a women you can have fun with. She a good distance fighter and she is some one who will have your back no matter what.

Tai Ho--He is a man who goes with luck. He is cool and he is strong to. Like Lo Wen a good person to go to the tavern with.

Vincent De Boule--Even though he is a former member of the royalty of the S.M.E. he is a cool friend. Once he is your friend he will all ways be there for you.

Zamza--Out of several magic users he has a mind that some people understand (not strange like Luc and Viki). Good fighter and magic user.

Miklotov--He is a true knight. He is loyal to his lord but will all ways be there for the people. Good Sword fighter. (Blue, Red, and Green rule!!!)

Yoshino--She is a loyal wife. A good fighter. When you need the help she will help even if it is littil help.

By Yiling, Shu met Wu in heavy strife;
Then Lu Xun burned the western legions out.
?Dogs of the south? was Fu Tong?s final curse:
This general of Han did his title proud.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have:

Riou - yes, bright shield rune and the TONFA!

Kika - not really a great fighter, but I love her :mrgreen:

Lazlo - Rune of punishment and weapon identical to Riou (except it's a blade not wood)

Jeane - Smexy :P (s4 version) Anyway, high rune powers

Georg Prime - high defense and attack ~ weak on magic

Tir McDohl - soul eater rune..... 8-)

bah......im not good at selecting good characters :oops:

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: