Suikoden Unique and Illusional Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Suikoden Dream Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

apathy wrote:
front row:
tir (for his true rune and decent physical damage)
geddoe (for his physical attacking and true lightning rune)
humphrey (need atleast 1 tank)

back row:
riou (healing and some attacking)
luc (powerful attack magic)
sasarai (strictly healing)

That's a good team Apathy, so please don't take offense to this, but its boring. Your team would kick my teams butt, easy. But this "dream team" is the quinissential team i was talking about in my post above. You have 5 out of 6 people in your team as True Rune bearers. I have one, and technically he never uses it in battle in II so its of no consequence. If perhaps you explained why you have a personal attachment to these people then you'd be more along the lines of your real "dream team" Anyone can mash 6 awesome people together. I think its more appropriate to put favorites and WHY. If those are your 6 favorite character in Suikoden,, the put those reasons as well, not just their really ultimate use in battle. I included personal reasons as well as offensive/defensive reasons for placing people in my main squad.

I'm not saying EVERYONE should follow my lead, but doing this might make this topic more enjoyable to people and create more talk. I like this idea and more can be done with it. Rather than just posting 6 people and never returning, as many people do on these sort of topics, It'd be nice if there was discussion about the strengths of these parties and such. I dunno.. maybe its just me. Carry on!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front Row:

Tir McDohl- So, I'm unoriginal, sue me. Tir has good all-around stats, not to mention he has the Souleater Rune. Having him in your party all the time was certainly a good thing in the first game.

Hero 4- His Rune of Punishment (if in Atonment phase) is a great rune for use, and also, he has some pretty good all-around stats. Not to mention his team attack with Snowe.

Snowe- He would of course have an offensive rune set-up, but not only is he a tremendous fighter, his team attack with Hero 4 does truly sickening amounts of damage, though I didn't fiddle around that much with a lot of the numbers.

Back Row:

Geddoe- In addition to being a good fighter, he also has the True Lightning Rune, which is, in my opinion, the best of the Suikoden III true runes, and is easily the most offensive. I put him in the back row because Snowe needs to be in the front, and Hero 4 needs to be there to fight with him.

Chris Lightfellow- Again, great all-around stats, and the True Water Rune, which makes her a good healer, but also with a wee bit of offensive magic to her. Plus, I just like Chris in general.

Crowley- My only really original choice. For one, I really like Crowley, though I like a lot of the older magicians. Not only is his Magic stat close to being off the charts, but it's generally cool to mess around with the fact that he has over 100 runes all over him. I'd equip him wiht the Flowing Rune, Mother Earth Rune and Cyclone Runes.

That's my dream team, a little cliche but it'd be cool.[/b]

Acolytes of Chisha

6534 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: My Dream Team... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I personally wouldn't want to use either Suikoden I, II or IV's hero, they're too... cheap. Anyways, on with the show...

The Front:

Valeria: I've always been a big fan of Valeria, as I like her personality and her story. Not to mention she's one of the very few good looking people in Suikoden I (at least judging by face portraits). Fighting wise, Valeria is a powerhouse, able to rack up amazing damage thanks to the Falcon Rune. She has good defense, and has pretty good speed when compared to other powerhouses. In rune sense, I believe she only had two slots, so I'd giver her just a killer rune most likely, as one's already taken up by the Falcon Rune.

Ameria: I think she's an amazing character, and she's an interesting one, one that always wants to fight for the good side it seems, no matter the odds. She is a strong fighter, with good defense, and capable of equipping good armor sets. Therefore, I would give her the Hero Set along with a double beat, killer and a cyclone rune, as she has a good wind affinity.

Hugo: I like the Karayan Clan as a race first of all, and I really like Hugo as he is just a character who fights for what he believes in, and he fights with a passion. He has a good speed, and has a good affinity with fire, so he'd either have the rage or True Fire rune. Also, when paired with Fubar, the two do amazing damage together, and I found that in total they got up to six hits, which is pretty good.

Back:

Fubar: To be paired with Hugo, I like Griffons too, the they're an interesting animal, and they always remind me of Warcraft which is a game I love. (The Griffon Riders for the Human in Warcraft II)

Rina: I believe that's her name, sisters with Ellie. First of all, she has good magic ability and three rune slots. For this reason, I would give her a Flowing Rune so she could cast healing magic and the like. On her other two slots I'd equip her with double beat and that special rune that only dart/projectile weapon users can use. I believe it's called shrike rune, which allows her to hit all enemies, plus with the double beat she'd hit them twice. This is very benefical and makes her a pretty good attacker as well. Plus her questionable acts are, well, funny.

Ted: Yeah yeah, no big difference in comparison to alot of other people. I've always liked Ted as a character, and was really sad when he died in Suikoden I. I was very happy when he became playable in Suikoden IV. I believe everyone's already covered the points on why he's amazing.
Lecx

Adelphos

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Suikoden Dream Team
Front Lines:
Hugo- Even though he lacks proper defense stats his a quick fighter, hands down his probably one of the fastest fighters, his dagger skills are superb, he counter attacks with lightning fast accuracy.
Emily- Equip her with a rage rune! she will unleash hell! She's a fast fighter that deals with crushing damages
Nicholas- For me is the best tank, a superb defensive character

Back Lines:
Fubar- Hugo+Fubar = Oh yeah!
Sasarai- a great magic user, especially wtih earth magics.
Crowley- he lacks hp but if you put her behind Nicholas he can cast deadly magic and support magic without getting hurt.

Suppor Character:
Tuta- after a hard battle with an unexpected encounter with hellish monsters it wise to bring Tuta along to heal your wounds
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir- he has that good souleater and I really like him......
Wakaba- wheee~! She has that strong White Tiger and stats! Especially with Fury Rune on...
Kinnison- ^^ he's cute
Shrio- he's strong and with his master of course
Sasarai-wheeeeee~! at least a support/healer person
Emily- I want to try her out =)
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Front Row Fighters*
Yuber: I can't believe no one mentioned him. He can parry and deals good damage. Put a berserk rune on him too.
Hugo: Put a berserk rune on him and let him do his insane combos.
Chris: Good combos and also has good support magic.

*Back Row Casters*
Jeane: Good lightning magic and would be an inspiration to all the other chars :mrgreen:.
Sasari: Defensive magic and will heal.
Luc: His magic can hurt but it will also heal us if i remember correctly.

Support Character: Me! I'll instruct them during the fight although my eyes will stare off to funny directions after the battle :wink: .
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted - Soul Eater, Flowing Rune
Futch & Bright - Mounted
Sarah (S3) - Good with Magic and Healing
Jeane - Good magician
Emily

I don't know! So much characters! :shock:
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front Row

Tir - My favorite of all RPG main characters. He's physically and magically wellrounded.
Flik - He's my Lightning/Thunder rune guy! I hated not having him in SIII. I missed him...
Viktor - I would never separate Flik and Viktor. They're a team.

Back Row

Frederica - I have an unexplainable fondness towards her. Wish I could explain it better.
Sierra - She'd be a great healer/support magic user. Plus, she's always fun to have around.
Clive - Gotta' love guns.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll give this a whirl then... (some people will probably hate me for my front row)

Front;

Pesmerga (Suikoden II)
Probably my favourite character out of all the Suikoden games, his all business nature and great strength make him my first candidate for the first frontman.

Georg Prime (Suikoden II)
Secondly, I couldn't go without Georg Prime; the leader figure of the group. Another of my favourite characters from the Suikoden series, right up there next to Pesmerga and Yuber.

Yuber (Suikoden III)
Granted, having Yuber and Pesmerga on the same team would perhaps cause some grief, however this is my dream team and I'd force them to shake hands and call a truce when in my team.

Note: I would like to have placed Kreutz and/or Kwanda Rosman in there if the front row was long enough. If Kiba Windamier was a fighting star, I probably would have snuck him in there as well.

Back;

Sasarai (Suikoden III)
Just as capable as his brother Luc, but with far superior manners. I'm a fan of classy gents with superior skill in battle, and Sasarai was certainly a favourite of mines in Suikoden III. One of the best mages around.

Kwanda Rossman (Suikoden)
Sadly not at his best here in the back row, his great defence is going to waste, though I couldn't go without having the Ironwall in my team. His speaches were so convincing and inspiring in the first Suikoden and he instantly became one of my favourites.

Mazus (Suikoden II)
Definetley my favourite mage from Suikoden II, I recall a time when I defeated the end boss with only Georg, Pesmerga and Mazus in my party. The veteran mage, obviously a gentleman fully aware of his own capabilities, but he doesn't let it get to his head. He looks very cool.

Note: Clive almost made the team, but he just isn't classy enough.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ganon wrote:

Note: Clive almost made the team, but he just isn't classy enough.

Classy? And Kwanda is classy? Well, its your team... :P

My team will go like this:

Front Row:

Yuber(Suiko3)- I am pretty surprised by the lack of people choosing him. One of the best fighters around, great magic, and almost nothing can hit him... Simply great...

Oulan(Suiko2)- One of My favourite characters in the secondgame, she will always be in my party since her joining me before the Two River trip. Her evade and magic defence is decent for a physical attacker, and equip her with a fury rune, and angry dragon away!!

Futch(Suiko3)+Bright(Suiko3)- My favourite combo, this team always made it to the final boss battle of 3. The highest dealing damage of the mounted troopers, and my two men brick wall-cum-big hitter...

Back Row:
Bright already took up one of back back row slots, so here goes...

Sierra(Suiko2)- So she is only decent mage, and her attitude is bad... But truth is, who really cares? She is hot... Er... AND she gives decent darkness magic...

Riou(Suiko2)- I just give him a flowing rune and TADA!! I will never again need another healer!!

Wow... Not a single character from 1 or 4 should even break in!! Thats pretty sad...
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My team would be.......

Front Row

Tir McDohl
Just because he has the Soul Eater.

Georg Prime
With his incredible strength and equiped with a Double Strike mega damage.

Riou
I just love that last Bright Shield attack.

Back Row

Mazus
He has got incredible magic power.

Luc from S3
Using his True Wind rune

Crowley
Combine magic power with his rival.
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

front:
Zamza
Flik
Victor
Back
Killey
Luc
Jeane

Support:I guess I'll have to recruit a 2nd Jeane

Those are my 6 favorite suikoden party members and not one damn true rune among them (Well Luc I guess, but I wouldn't use it.) Runes would be a standard afair for the party with Luc geting a Cyclone Rune and a wizard rune plus whatever I fancy at the time. Jeane what get a Thunder Rune pluss what suits the moment. Zamza has a Fire sealing Rune with Flik and victor being runed for the situation as well. This is pretty much my S2 party with Jeane instead of Makoto(MY name for Hero2) IT's hardly the the most efficient party and Rune set up but i'm not fighting another Dream Team and it fits my Stratagy "Kill it before it Kill's me" or "Healing will only slow me down"
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because I never played neither the 3 and 4 Suikoden, I only use the character from Suikoden 1 and 2.

Front Row :
1. Flik
His a good fighter and he has good affinity with lightning.

2. Viktor
Equip him with the fury and double beat and he will attack the monster insanely.

3. Riou
He has the bright shield rune. So he can heal all the member of party effectively.

Back Row
1. Luc
He doens't have a good HP and not useful for physical attack but his magic is insane.

2. Rina
She has 3 open rune slot and even his physical attack is so-so but she has good magic attack. Versatile character.

3. Tir McDohl
All around character. His stat is good. But my most hatred part is I should pick up him all along to Gregminster at Suikoden II.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greenoblivion

Oblivion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Pesmerga--because he looks cool and it would be quite an adventure travelling with him
2. Futch- Hes a tank
3.Bright- itd be cool to have a dragon
4. Sharon--shes cool (can u tell i like dragon knights?)
5. Shabon-- she was different and probably grow up to be STRONG
6. Humphrey-- tank
7. Jean-- she was an awesome magic caster
8.Maxine--also awesome magic caster
The Red King-Alice in wonderland
Budgie-Barbequing Hamlet
Ken-Her Majesty Miss Jones
Mr.Gibbs-Arsenic and Old lace
Tobias Amherst

Tuxteth O'Grady, USA

1584 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front:

Flik: He has great defense and nice magic along with good agility to beat the enemies to the punch.

Yuber: With power like his, he can wipe out everyone and look good doing it with great magic and physical attributes.

Killey: He is an unreal king at physical attacking and can stand long enough to break down all the tough enemies. He also has a good Fire spell rating.

Back:

Ted (Suikoden IV): He's got a great physical attack rate as well as the Soul Eater. A quick person to boot. PERFECT!

Clive: He has nice attack and defense, but all he needs to be perfect is a Double Beat Rune. He's also handy with Wind magic.

Ace: He's cool and has nice magic with Electricity as well as good attacking strength.

Side:
Jeane: She makes the rune chanting much quicker. This is nice considering all six characters are avid magic-users.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: