Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cowboy Bebop
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possibly my favorite Anime of all time. I am nearly exactly like Spike so maybe that's one reason why.

This connects to Suikoden how you ask?

Simple in the CB movie, the "Baddie" Vincent has the same attitude as Luc on Suikoden 3, or maybe it's just me.

Give meh your opinions on this matter

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the series, wasn't too happy with the ending. I liked Spike.....

As for the movie, I have yet to see it.
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the movie but have never watched the series but yea now that i think about it Vincent is sorta Luc-ish. I dont know how the movie compares to the series but i thought it was pretty good.

RIP Eddie 1967 - 2005
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen the whole series, but not the movie. I'm disappointed that my friend, while she watches lots and lots of anime, didn't give Cowboy Bebop a chance past episode 2! I'm going to try and weedle some episodes into her so she can get interested. I bet the episode 'Pierrot le Fou' will catch her interest. :)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't watch the series myself, but I did read the Manga version (3 books)

Here is a basic rundown of what happened in the movie's ending in shadow text

-------------{SHADOW TEXT BELOW}------------------------------------

1) Spike realizes that the "Bridge to Heaven" is the Eifle (Mars) Tower.
2) Spike heads up there, (woman) (Sry I forgot her name) follows him, he knows and is part of the plan.
3) A hat drops (Vincent was wearing it) and a fight scene ensues
4) *Fighting*
5) Spike stumbles
6) Vincent holds a gun to his head and says (Note: this is a summary of what he says in the whole movie. I can't remember exactly), "You asked why I would want to kill the world. Because this world is a purgatory, a place between Heaven and Hell. I am trying to find the door out.
7) (Earlier in movie, we found out that the gases contained Nano-technology and that they had several years earlier injected a counter nano into Vincent's blood, causing him to forget all of past)
8) (woman) holds gun up "Don't do it Vincent"
9) *Vincent shifts to face her*
10) (woman) If you go I want to go too, let's go together.....

---------------------{END SHADOW TEXT}-------------------------------

The movie runs a bit longer but the part that I want to show had already been said.....

~Tinto~
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Suikoden and Cowboy bebop have a mire direct connection.

It's a song.

If you watch the series (which is on pretty much EVERY night on [adult swim] on Cartoon Network) you may see clips of a bounty hunting show involving two actors dressed up like they're from the old west, who present various bounties for bounty hunters to track. The music in the background is that of a banjo-like intrument.

If you've played Suikoden 1 it should sound familiar. It's the exact same song playing during Marco's "coin under the cup" mini-game.

I brought this up a few years back. No one seems to know how the song appears on both Cowboy Bebop and Suikoden 1, since both have different people doing the music. Perhaps the musicians are friends, or perhaps the song is an old one that anyone is free to use.

^Actual quote!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always heard good things about this series but I've never had the chance to see it, maybe I'll try and get a look in at an episode or two sometime when I get the chance I'm sure some of my friends must have some episodes of this show hidden away somewhere.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also the movie came out in 2002, same year as Suikoden 3. Odd that....:|

~Tinto~
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best Anime I've ever seen. It by far has the best music, and the characters are great. I also resemble Spike a little(a little?? Actually quite a lot!). Physical description-wise at least. I'm nowhere near as badass as him yet. *laugh*

I seriously think the whole series is perfectly done. Even the "filler" episodes that don't relate directly back to the main plotlines are excellently composed. Whenever I watch the whole series it fills me with such emotion, it was truly an experience the first time I saw it through all the way. I'm also a proud owner of the DVD of the movie, great stuff there as well. I love the song "Pushing the Sky" which plays towards the end of the film.

My favorite episode is definitely Ballad of Fallen Angels(number 5), or BOFA as I call it. The ending scene at the church is my favorite scene from any anime. The way the song "Rain" is playing while Spike enters the church....OHHHHH it's SO good!! *Runs in circles and passes out from happy exhaustion just from thinking of the greatness that is BOFA* :mrgreen:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched 6 volumes of Cowboy Bepop. I liked it. Each episode had its own original story. The thing i liked best about it is that even though it was set in a post-apocalyptic setting, there was still alot of humour, Unlike most other animes/OVAs that i've seen eg. Akira.

I liked the music as well. Pretty funky.

My favorite episode would have to be that one (forgot the name), in which Spike faces a new rival Andy while going against the Teddy Bomber. Hilarious. And i liked the end.

Benit, was "Perriot Le Fou" the one with the round baloon guy with ESP powers? That was pretty creepy, especially at the end. But enjoyable.

It was too bad that it was so short. There was like, what, thirty-odd episodes? There should have been more characters. I wanted to know more about that dude Spike met in Venus with the blind sister. Or about the pretty boy with manboobs. And more about what happened to Andy.

I haven't seen the movie. I would like to.

One more thing. My favorite character is Ein, the cutest anime dog ever. I should try to get a Welsh Corgi sometime...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Benit, was "Perriot Le Fou" the one with the round baloon guy with ESP powers?

Yup, that's the one. That episode was pretty freaky. Clowns scare the bejesus outta me.

There were 26 episodes. I think this is a somewhat normal length for anime series, it only really seems short when you compare it to those mega animes like tenchi, kenshin, or dragonball. Then again I'm by no means an anime expert so I could be completely wrong.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ed....needs some decaf coffee
--Scene---
*Ed comes up to DHA waving her arms*

"Faye, Faye went out....Ein and Ed hungry"

*DHA jumps*

"Ah! Don't scare me like that Ed!"

--End scene--

~Tinto~
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ed was the best character by far in that series. The pure entertainment from all of her nonsense was just stupendous! As serious as the series mostly was, you could always count on her to come in, say something wacko, or start hanging from the cieling to break the tension. It's random, stupid humor like that, which makes me jump up and down, and start laughing. Hey, I know it's supposed to be in the background as something insignificant, but I still love it when the goofballs (like myself) are catered to! :D

As for the other characters, Faye was kinda' meh. She had an interesting history, but I didn't really care for her too much, besides the obvious "eye-candy" factor. As Spike himself pointed out, he doesn't like chicks with attitudes, and I kinda' have to agree with him there. :P

Jet was sort of cool, and one of the more realistic characters in an anime. He resembles what you'd expect out of a typical old man, minus the iron on his face. :P Spike was probably the most far-fetched considering his near-perfection in almost everything he did. He was cool, and his past, like the others, was interesting. It's just that maybe he was a little "too cool," if you can get what I'm saying. Still a great character, though.

If for no other reason, the characters are really reason enough to watch the series. They have excellent development, despite the way that the events of the episodes don't really have much continuity. The fights and action are also good in this series, and if you like the whole idea of "bounty-hunting," this series really is a must-watch.

Again, give it a shot past the second episode, because it takes a good five or so for things to get into full swing, and for this series to grab your attention. Trust me, I kinda' thought it was bleh until I saw about 10 or so of them, and then I began to realize that things really were starting to fall together, and the character development was begining to take place.

This is easily a top ten anime in my book. If you're new to anime, this is certainly one of the ones that you should consider watching. For those not familiar with anime, let me tell you that it's totally not like any normal cartoon series you've ever seen. Definitely worth your time.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought the Perfect collection like a year ago and i still havent gotten past the 3rd or so episode. I watch it up to that and for some reason never have any inclination to watch anymore. I rather like Faye Valentine though.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me, Faye-Faye was a little bit annoying. I don't care too much for her. But circumstances seem to show that she was Singaporean. That is, if you guys saw the final episodes, particularly "Hard-Luck Woman", i believe it was called. I think only the Singaporeans would know what i was talking about.

Surprisingly enough, i didn't find Eduard annoying. She was very funny. Like Sai said. A great comic relief.

Spike would be second for comic relief. I liked his character. He's so relaxed. Well, most of the time.

I also like Jet. When i first saw him, i thought that he was an enemy in the anime. But i later realized that he's one of good guys and is level headed.

But Ein is my favorite character out of them all. He is just too cute and cuddly. The second episode, where you are introduced to him, would probably be my favorite.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: