Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WWE Backlash SPOILERS Updated Live
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My only point was that many those who seem like foreigners would somehow be made to have some kind of bad image.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with that. Wrestling is EXTREMELY jingoistic and xenophobic. It appeals to the lowest common denominator in most case who are just as jingositic and xenophobic. If it didn't appeal to so many people, it wouldn't be happening. After all, there's 20,000 Americans every week chanting "USA USA" even when the matches have no Americans in them. (La Resistance versus Regal and Tajiri, for example)

EDIT: Yes, yes, Rob Conway is actually American but for the story's sake he's from Quebec.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually he's a French or Canadian sympathizier. But anyways, I had the chance to meet and get both Conway's and Granier's autograph at a house show a few months ago. Winning contests rules. They're really cool guys to. And when I got their autograph's Batista walked by, and from 10 feet away that dude is simply huge.

Am I the only person who is actually a fan of Carlito? He simply amuses me.

Let's see Hogan came back, Piper techincally came back, Austin came back. Whats next, the Ultimate Warrior?

There has bound to be one "foreign" guy who has been a fan favorite that wasn't from Canada other than the British Bulldogs. isn't there?

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's true, but what difference does it make? Are they supporting Rob Conway with their xenophobic braying? They're sure not wounding either party.

Regal and Tajiri would be two examples of non-North American faces. English and Japanese respectivly. Though their obselete stereotypical gimmicks make me retch. Oooh, he's Japanese, so he must bow low and grin sneakily and... spit green stuff because he's mysterious and Asian! Terrible.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: