Suikoden Utopian and Informational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 4 character art
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Suikoden 4 character art Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been trying to find SUikoden 4 character art for a few days now to no avail, could someone please provide me with a source?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you get the art book? Probally the majority of it would be in there.

Maybe someone with a scanner would be so kind as to scan it for you. i dont have one though. sorry.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where would you buy one of the artbooks in America?

^Actual quote!
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They gave them to you when you pre-ordered Suikoden IV. I don't think that you can buy them anywhere except on E-Bay. However, if you run a search for Suikoden IV on yahoo images you should come up with a lot of characters from Suikoden IV.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes but some of us want "rare" images like Snowes "spring collection" (term used by somone else) and what not.
Suikosource had them, but...did they go away?

I hear the art book isn't that great, but "it was a freebi sooooooo......"
maybe the'll make somthing better that will be sold.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Google has turned up no results for my beloved Ameria. Not only that, but the character art simply doesn't exist on Google, it's all screenshots and cases.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I recall clearly, Suikosource had scans of character artworks that came with the Japanese LE package. Check out their forum, it was a pinned topic.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*buzzer* I think its gone, when the collapsed the forums the post was gone. but its in then image directory under well, just look for the folder with GS4. the characters seem to be missing from the character list. maybe they didn't totaly abolish a personal no-S4 rule. but you'll need to sneek your images.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IGN.com also has a lot of character art, but you'll have to sift through all the images.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see, well I have the artbook and could scan some images, if you guys would like. It's rather tedious for me to do so, but if you like, PM me, and I'll be happy to accomodate any requests.

And yeah, there really weren't all that many shots in the artbook. The Japanese one I have for Suikoden II is consdierably more elaborate, as it comes with all kinds of animation sketches, character concept sketches, and multiple concept arts for both Riou and Jowy. It really IS interesting to see what the two characters COULD HAVE looked like if Konami had gone a different route.

Ah well, I still think they chose the best looking ones! :wink:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i am not mistaken ign.com has artwork for all the characters but with 200+ images it will take time to look through them all. rpgfan.com has some but not all of the character artwork.
LeSquide

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I preordered the durn game, and got squat in the way of extras.

Damn you Gamestop!
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The preordered bonus goodies were Japanese exclusive, I believe, my fellow Islander.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Ashton Anchors

Defense Ministry of Jowston

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well it may seem that suiko-arts can be a bit hard to find so anyway ill try and try to find one site that has hmmm which one would you like an unofficial or an official?
Just PM me so i would know if your really looking for fan arts or the real arts from genso suikoden okay? :wink:
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
I see, well I have the artbook and could scan some images, if you guys would like. It's rather tedious for me to do so, but if you like, PM me, and I'll be happy to accomodate any requests.

And yeah, there really weren't all that many shots in the artbook. The Japanese one I have for Suikoden II is consdierably more elaborate, as it comes with all kinds of animation sketches, character concept sketches, and multiple concept arts for both Riou and Jowy. It really IS interesting to see what the two characters COULD HAVE looked like if Konami had gone a different route.

Ah well, I still think they chose the best looking ones! :wink:

Was that Suikoden II artbook a preorder gift?

Suikoden III has its own separate artbook (released fairly recently) and that one is no doubt very elaborate as well. But, yes, of course they have to make it worth the extra amount that you have to forego in purchasing the artbook.

And, Krawnik, some game stores shipped the Suikoden IV artbook as bonus for preorder of the NA release. It's the same artbook as the one they gave out with the JP release (save with translations). None of the other goodies are given out though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: