Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Addictive Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get addicted to mainly RPGs and RPG mini games.

Here are some examples of the worst ones:
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, and Tactics
FFIX's Chocobo Hot and Cold (probably the worst one yet)
FFX's blitzball (got my whole team to level 99)
FFVIII's card game
Chrono Cross
Suikoden III
Tales of Symphonia
King's Quest VI
Lemmings
Age of Empires
Pokemon Snap
Spyro the Dragon

Yeah, those were addictive. Couldn't stop playing. That Chocobo Hot and Cold was the worst. I can't stop playing it.
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I HATE World Of Warcraft.. that game can die for all I care. The game that is consuming my life right now is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.. This game has to be one of the coolest games I have ever played.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Crono, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction gets pretty addictive. I'm not playing it right now, but i did play about half a year ago, after an absence of 2 years from playing it.

I'm not playing World of Warcraft. I don't have it. But i would love to get it.

And Suikoden games consume about half of my conscious and sub-consious thoughts. Other thoughts are on food, Simpsons, women, books, studies, etc.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love video games where you can't tell what will happen next. For me, prime examples of a video game like that would be shadow hearts, metal gear solid, arc the lad, and chrono cross. To me, a video game that has a nifty storyline is a great addition. I also will get addicted to a game that involves some information from previous games in the series. You're always interested to see what material comes from the other games :).
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I completely agree with everything you stated in your last two sentences, Starslasher. Everything except the studying part, as I was over that need a long time ago. I am always addicted to RPG's, and even though I complain when an RPG is short (Suikoden 1) they tend to be the best for replay value as you can play them again and again. Whilst long RPG's that can take over 50 hours to complete, even if I really love them it would take me a while to dedicate that much time into a game for a long time.

I can always plug in my XBOX and play the Halo games, and any game of that particular genre. Worms 3D was a favorite of mine for a good lot of time last year, as it is fun to have a team with names you choose, I had a couple of different ones. Such as Icewind Dale- which comprised of Drizzt, Wulfgar, Bruenor, Regis, Cattie-brie, and Guenhwyvar. Anyhow that game was fun on many different levels.

And the Burnout series are a set of racing games I actually like, and play them quite a lot while blasting loud music through my awesome sound system. You can feel every crash and nitro boost with my Sub-Woofer set on MAX...
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am addicted to mainly rpg/adventure games with a pretty good story with memorable characters. I am also addicted to Sports simulation games like Madden nfl or nba live where I could be a manager and player of a franchise team and take them to the championships, sign big stars in free agency. I also agree that Diablo 2:lord of destruction is really addictive. I spent hours playing diablo 2 to level up my Druid and find unique weapons and items in that game. I'm more of a treasure hunter in diablo 2. another addictive game for me is counter-strike it's too bad that I am not good in playing shooting games with first person view camera but I always play it when there is a chance.
tsubasa

unrelenting excel mob

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fire emblem is very adictive i can play it over and over

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get addicted to just about every game I play up until I beat it(well except for one or two). When I get addicted to such games I am able to function on less sleep then normal with my normal mental capacities. I have had a couple of long term addictions that lasted after I beat the game. I think that I was addicted to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for a while. My most recent game addiction was Fire Emblem 7(although I did have a Fire Emblem 4 addiction for a while) which I spent moinths on months working on getting 100 percent support conversations. I managed to pull that off over the weekend. I don't think I have any other current addictions.

Oh yeah one that I almost forgot was Everquest and to a lesser degree Star Wars Galaxies. Some freinds of mine got me into both of them. I played Everquest for a while and got really into it. Then when we were talking on the phones I was hit with the revelation that I wasn't enjoying it at all and it was quite boring. I quit shortly afterwards. I didn't learn my lesson from that, so I started SWG. I never really got into it and then realized that it was really pointless for the most part because it was a fantasy game with Star Wars elements and no storyline. I quit it also.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im addicted to disgaea... I cant stop playing the damn game... even with its horribly cheesy storyline, its gameplay is just TOO addicting... if any game should be considered a drug (which Im starting to believe all games are... say no to drugs kids!) this one would be it
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All kinds of games can make me addict of them.
Currently I'm addicted to:

Pro Evolution Soccer 4
Football Manager 2005
Suikoden II (Best ever)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (it still has the Gorilla Vanilla himself)
Gran Turismo 4
Chaser (One of the FPS ever, believe me)

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most mini-games suck me in to where I completely forget about the actual storyline for a good while. Suikoden II for example (curse the wack a mole game, the cliff climbing game, and the cooking game.... and othersI can't remember)
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it's online role playing games all day everyday. Being able to play with other people just makes me play a game longer than i should. Besides those type of games I like playing a good RPG but only thing is I'm only willing to play it through one time. It just gets boring when i try to replay it.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any final fantacy with exception to X-2....
all suikodens
all sim citys
all war crafts
ultima online
tekken tag
tekken 5
all resadent evil's
tetris
chess
tiger woods PGA 2005
shining force 1 and 2
battle toads
mega man 1 - x7
bionic comando
mario RPG
mario 2 - super mario world
mario cart
all mario party
poke'mon (I know it a kids game)
all monster ranchers
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recently, a bunch of friends and I dusted off a Super Nintendo to play Looney Tunes B-ball in a tournament style format. It's basically a basketball game with the addition of crazy antics suitable for Looney Tunes. We played for hours and it was great.

Unfortunately my teammate and I lost the first round because we weren't able to get the ball for a last second buzzer beater. The ball turned into a little dog which ran all over the place. Unlucky break for us.

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uniracers. I don't know why but evry time i sit town and play that game the next thing I know the whole day is gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: