Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Addictive Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Addictive Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Out of all the threads there are now in the game and anime department, I am surprised that this thread has yet to be made.

There are games that are made that people enjoy with great enthusiasm, as they come home from work or have time to kill they simply play away until they must get to their next goal.
But then there are the other games. Yes the games that were made to not just kill time, but have the ability to CONSUME YOUR LIFE!!!

You know the kind of games, the majority of them are MMORPG or Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games like Everquest, Final Fantasy XI, or the oh-so notorious World Of WarCraft.

Go ahead and tell your tales/comments that you have of your experience with these games and others that I've not mentioned because there are alot that I don't know and I know that there are some that are on the console systems like Tetris or Disgaea (I'm currently hooked to this one).
I think there are some cool stories that others may want to hear and some other addicting games that others would love to know of.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The main one I find people getting addicted to in England used to be Championship manager made by sports interactive, now Sports Interactive have changed the name of their product to Football Manager and it's just as popular, time consuming and addictive.

It's simply put the best sports manager brand in the world in my opinion and it is known as extremely addictive, I've known people to stop going out of their house for weeks on end when they get a new one of these games, it's pretty popular up here at university as well, the students all seem to enjoy playing it until about 5am and then they're back on it the next day as well, the thing is, there's no end to it!

You can never finish this game so people just keep going back, it's so known for being addictive it even provides you with an adictiveness rating based on the amount of time you spend on your saved game, honestly, this game is super-addictive if you're into your football (soccer for you heathen's who saw fit to steal the sport's proper name for an inferior game :P).

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me I just basically get addicted to any RPG until I finally finish it. Other than that I used to be quite addicted to Diablo II: Lord of Destruction for the PC.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

For me I just basically get addicted to any RPG until I finally finish it.

Same way as you, but ever so often, I get addicted to a melee or first person shooter game. I had Halo on the brain for a while (head shots on grunts :twisted: yay).
Also, I have a terrible addiction to Legacy of Kain games. I'm currently waiting for them to make another.... They'd Better Hurry!
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

World of Warcraft currently owns my soul (and helps replace the void left by Suikoden 4). I've been a Warcraft geek since the series started and am proud that it has finally become this popular.

As for console games, I'd say Katamari Damacy is video game crack. It's just so wierd and strange and ridiculous...and I can't stop playing it!

^Actual quote!
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any Final Fantasy or Suikoden games get me addivted. I just love to "master" the games so I will spend so many hours leveling up and doin every single sidequest.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
World of Warcraft currently owns my soul

My friend has fallen prey to this one as well. He's skipped many meals, classes, and just about everything else we ask him to do with us just to play WoW.

I fall under the same category as others: I'm addicted until I finish it. However, it's not that big of an addiction. I can quit playing such a game and then pick it up a couple months later. It just seems to consume my free time when I do play it though.

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heroes of Might and Magic III was a game that kept me hooked for several months once. Man, that was an addictive game, it's the kinda game where you think you've been playing for a little while and you look at the clock and you've been playing for like 10 hours. I was also addicted to Baldur's Gate II for quite a while.

However, in terms of number of hours spent on any one game, that would be Suikoden II.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Several years ago, I could easily do all nighters with Sid Meier's Colonization. I'd start a game roughly at midnight (back when I was a night owl without a job) and, before I knew it, it was six or seven in the morning an the sun was coming up. During the same time, I could also lose track of time while playing Star Crusader. I still have both games but haven't played them recently.

Depending on the mood I'm in, WWE SmackDown! games for the PS2 can be pretty addictive, particularly matches such as the Elimination Chamber or Royal Rumbles. Then there's EA Sports' NHL games, which I sometimes have a tendency to play so much that I'll often see a frantic hockey game whenever I close my eyes after playing it. But, like Diaz has said, Suikoden games are the most addicting for me. I could be deep within another game (Final Fantasy, for instance) but if I haven't completed it by the time a Suikoden game is released, onto the backburner it goes.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I'm generally drawn in by strategy games. They last a long time, have multiple methods to win, and are so replayable. They're awesome. And they're really easy to lose track of time during. It's always, ah, I'll just kill off these guys or just finish this turn, then I'll stop. But you never stop.

As for specifics, Civilization II and III have been insane for me. They're both really awesome games that have a bunch of different levels to them. I've lost many glorious hours of my life to them.

Romance of Three Kingdoms games are fun too. Especially 10.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everquest adventures for playstation consumed my life for the better part of a year. Evercrack is the best term ever. It is insanly addictive, you play for hours and hours, sometimes days, just to gain a level and love every second of it.

I am the same as Shrew, strategy games like Civilization and ROTK really addict me. I always say, eh I'll just do ONE more turn, hours later however, I am still playing.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... Games that consume hours of my life would be...

Civilization III
Harvest Moon: Back To Nature
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII

At least thise are what I can remember as of the moment...
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh, Harvest Moon games are all capable of consuming your soul. Especially Harvest Moon 64, with its faster saving system and almost-nonexsistent loading times.

Civilization III also had me hooked for an incredibly long time, same with Starcraft. Strategy games tend to have that efffect on me, I guess...

Finally, Counter-Strike had me for a while. Good thing my computer wouldn't support it very long, or I might've given my life to that game... *shudders*
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy Tactics is the current game thats eating my life right now though you can probably tell from my avatar.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently? I'm finding it very hard to put down Pac-Pix (DS) and Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX (PS2).

Pac-Pix is much more than I could have hoped for (it's not very deep, but moreso than I thought), with all sorts of different ghosts, obstacles, and powers to use in story mode. RotTK is good for its absurdly open-ended gameplay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: