Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your favorite Wild Arms game and why?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRidley

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Your favorite Wild Arms game and why? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me my favoreite Wild Arms game would have to be the third one in the series.

Here are some reasons why I like Wild Arms Three the most.

1. I really like the characters backgrounds

2. I loved the fact of the horses you can use, not only to go faster but to go farther.

3. I loved the X-files cards, I only got the one with the girl and her mom.

4. I really loved the dragon, he is awesome.

5. The main reason I really liked this one more than the other is that the plot is way better.

You can list any other reasons you liked and Wild Arms game the most.

Thank you kuwaizair for the signature banner.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only played the first and third. I own the second one, but have barely played it since I heard so many bad things about it and I have other games to play.

I can't really choose between the first and third game. They're both very excellent games. What I liked about the WA series is that they do a very good job of making desolate worlds that are beyond saving, and the player feels that too.

I think the weakest point of the two I have played is that they don't have the best villains. The villains of WA3 kept getting replaced by newer unknown villains. First it was Janus (who was actually pretty cool for a villain), then it was the three prophets, then that dark knight guy, then the little girl. It would have been nicer to have more developed villains. But then, I turn to Suikoden for that ^_^

Regardless, the Wild Arms series is one of my favorites. The games are very well executed, the characters are interesting, and the puzzles keep you busy.

^Actual quote!
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The First Wild Arms was my favorite. It was such a classic. It was the achetype for the anime opener. I loved the music and the characters. It gave us one of the first looks at the trinity system, well at least for the beginning of the game. The characters just held you for the duration of the experience and when it was done you just wanted more. The battle and dungeon system really made you feel involved in the story.

:mrgreen: There were plenty of extras that you could do to not only make your characters stronger, but to give more insight into the game. I truly felt like a Dream Chaser! lol. I just love the whole Wild Arms series, but didn't truly get into the 3rd installment. I can't wait for the next one to be localized.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first installment was the best in my opinion. While it had a distintive wild west flair it didnt try and make you think you were in that type of setting. The 2nd and third games have and i think suffered because of it. You could probally argue that having them in that setting is the point but meh. I loved the first game it had one cool storyline excellant music and the opener was outstanding.

Im looking forward to Wild Arms Alter Code F when it comes out on may 10th (assuming they dont push it back even further) i have 30 bucks on it.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sarah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately, I haven't played the first one.

My favourite would have to be WA2 simply because I thought that, unlike WA3, it had a gripping plot coupled with a well-developed cast of characters.
And being somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to RPGs, I kind of liked its old graphics.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really can't decide between the first and secound.. I havn't played the thired one but now I'll have to rent it.... I love the first one with it's awsome story and plot and the giant robots are always a pluse.... but the secound one had good character background and a good plot too... I would have to say the secound was better tho simply since it was harder then the first one, the puzzels at times could be very diffacual at times so number two gets my vote but not by much and that is all from our cnn repor.... um never mind hehehe
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played 2 and 3, but my brother has commandeered my copy of 1 at the moment so I have yet to get more than a couple hours play in on that one. I liked 2 better out of those two. I like the characters, but my favorite part is the hero, Ashley, using an inner evil to conquer evil at the risk of losing himself. Very deep. 3 is a good game too, but I think it lacked a bit of what 2 had and I'm not really a fan of cel-shading.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this thread is old but i'm gonna post anyway...My fave. wild arms series is wild arms 3....bec. of it's story but the bad thing about this game is the absence of lord blazer!!! :( :(
Circle

Lighthouse Keeper

10013 Potch
226 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have all the three, but i havent played wild arms 2 because it is so baaad.
but the first is the best.
i love the adventurer, i hate the magician .
i have finished the game 3 times always 100 %, with all the sidequests.
its a very big game.
eyes that lie
break on through to the other side
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have and played all three Wild ARMs games. The first one stands out as my favorite of the three. The second Wild ARMs has a GREAT soundtrack (I have the soundtracks for all three games). The third was interesting, it had a more western feel to it.

The anime opening for all three Wild ARMs were great.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may have to dig this out I remember playing some of the first one and really not getting into it at all (I thought it was kinda bad to be honest) but seeing suikoden fans liking the series and some even citing the first as best has me interested once more.

Be warned I may be coming back to this thread for help if I do start playing it and get stuck!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Circle

Lighthouse Keeper

10013 Potch
226 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dont think you'll get stuck in that game
eyes that lie
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only played Wild Arms: 2D Ignition, unfortunately never finished it (probably won't), so I guess you can say it is my favorite.

At that time, few years ago, it was one of my long played games, it was interesting with the three main characters and the unique story, the battle system was a so-so, I never enjoyed it much and sometimes found it a little bit hard, and the way to learn skills and special moves was somewhat annoying, I never was able to understand it probably, the graphics were old style, good at that time I guess, but looking at it now doesn't impress me much, some of the tones were beautiful, but I never liked western wild west tones.

Well, it was a great game nonetheless, but I didn't enjoy it much, there was a lot of things that made me frustrated, for one, there is all of these confusing puzzles that I didn't understand at that time and some of them are still a mystery for me now, and actually I didn't get to finish the game because of one of these puzzles, I get passed it now not by myself after few years of leaving it, with a faq of course, but by the time I did use the faq everything I knew about the game was lost, I don't remember how to fight now or what to use or even who to use in battles, I even found out that I'm extremely weak against the bosses, and I neither have the time or will to remember everything and power up my characters or replay the game from the start, I already reached the end of the game, and I remember that it took me a lot of time and effort to get there.

I guess all hope is gone with this game, but maybe I'll give it another shot someday and see how things go.

As for the third Wild Arms game, I saw someone playing it but I didn't see anything impressing about it, I must say that I didn't try it myself, but for a silly reason I didn't feel like it, the graphics looked very silly, and from the depressed look of the person playing it, I wasn't that encouraged to play it myself.

Lighthouse Keeper

10013 Potch
226 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wild arms is good because it was one of the 1st rpg in ps one
eyes that lie
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wild Arms... aaahhhh..... I can't make up my mind about it.

I've played the first and second games. I absolutely adore the setting. Westerns and cowboys really do it for me, yaknow? The Magnificent Seven, The Quick and the Dead, all that. I love Rockstar's Red Dead Revolver, too. Puurrr. So I love Wild Arms' seamless mix of old school western style, science fiction badguys, fantasy and magic, and anime zaniness. The storylines, while simple, hinged on creative character development, and I prefer character development to storyline anyways, so I was right in my element in Wild Arms. The reason Wild Arms suffers in my eyes is entirely gameplay related. I have played the first two installments, but I always get bored of them before I can finish, because the gameplay is so repetitive. I once played Wild Arms: 2nd Ignition as my "main" game. The one that I came home from school and played for an hour or two before starting my homework (Jesus, I'm gonna miss that. *just graduated*). The thing is, I got really far, and eventually, I just grew bored of it. I was rarely challenged, you know? The most difficult of bosses fell powerless before me, and I never even had to use my more powerful techniques. Most bosses didn't even require I use items. It was the same old, every time. Every boss had a body, and some extremeties to destroy for giggles. They all had an attack that hit one character for high damage, and all characters for medium damage. Some of them could cause status effects too. But all I had to do was hammer the bosses with decent magic and my various guns, and they would go down in fewer than 10 turns in most cases. The whole Ashley transforming bit just made things easier. Honsetly, I can destroy this boss without having to use a Healing Berry, and now I've also transformed into a demonic torture-bot? Yaaaawn. 187. It was too easy. When I quit, I think I was in some desert looking for a hidden base, or something. I deleted my save file and haven't started a new game since.

The original Wild Arms is where the real tragedy begins. I love this game, and I'm always so depressed when I get bored of it. I just wish so much that the actual game were as good as the setting and characters. But low and behold, it never takes more than 15 or so hours of gameplay until I'm bored solid and delete my save file, opting instead to play more Suikoden II or Final Fantasy Tactics. Games that deliver in all categories, you know? You want to play on to learn what's going to happen in the story (Like Wild Arms), but you also want to play on for the circular joy of just playing on (not at all like Wild Arms). This is why I'm so much looking forward to Alter Code F. Taking the original, giving it a face-lift, fixing the gameplay, introducing new playable characters, and keeping the plot and setting intact? Fixing what was broken and leaving what was perfect as it was? Yes please. Sounds loverly.

Despite how I knock it, though, Wild Arms does have one of my all-time favourite scenes in a video game. When the little boy loses his balloon, and the camera follows it up to the falling sky. And then "ZOMG MONSTER ATTACK", and the rescuing of the civilians, and the escape from the castle, the fight with the boss guy, and that funeral scene. Beauuuutiful stoof.

Maybe one day I'll return to Wild Arms. Maybe Alter Code F will do it for me. I'll get back to you with that.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: