Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eiyuden reward "Chiseled Glory"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
No response yet. It would likely have a bigger impact if multiple people are contacting about their displeasure, so it would be great of you can help as well Fly!

My current response to them;

------------------------------
Just seeking clarification, I was under assumption that with imagery provided on the KS campaign and the reference to statue that we would not be getting a "bust" statue and more something more tangible and full body oriented. Can this please be clarified what styles of statue are available for this depiction, as given conversion instances I'd have expected slightly more than a bust is all.
------------------------------

I figured, ask for a carrot of "can we have something instead of a bust?" as opposed to just displeasure and see what they might respond with.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, worked out somewhat as got a response;

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
We apologize for any misunderstanding caused by the image illustration
for the Kickstarter campaign.
As for the statue, we have decided to make it a bust, considering the
size and head detail when it is placed in the background during the
actual production process.
We will make it so that when you talk to the statue, its "name" will appear.
Please note that we will only be able to offer one variation of the
bust in order to ensure fairness with others, and that is the image we
have shown you.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

---------------------------------------------------

Whilst I'm not entirely thrilled with the statue being just an upper body and head bust shot as it seems a bit cheap, we've now got added detail of background instance and there will be added text to it, in case it helps Vex in comms or anyone else interested.

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still cool regardless, but a "bust" is not a statue. Just ask any Roman.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is the response I received --

---------

Hello,

We apologize for any misunderstanding caused by the image illustration
on the Kickstarter page.
In the process of creating the statue, we considered the size of the
statue when it is placed in the background and the detail of the head,
so we decided to make it a bust.

As for the name, we will take care of it so that the "name" will
appear when you speak to the statue.

Regards,

-----

More or less the same response.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, straight copy pasta really, I guess I was maybe more "open" in what I stated to them so they just added some extra text is all?

Still seems for a limit of 5 option and what was marketed at that sort of price point, a bust is not what was expected at all, so it's just disappointing that they're unwilling or able it seems to integrate a full body sort of set up.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, and considering its a $3000 or so pricetag it's pretty hefty for the lack of customization possible.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, I havent heard back from Red's dad, so I responded again to R&B that the statue doesn't look like him at all and gave them another photo. I told them I would have given them different sets of pictures if they would have told me it would have been a bust.

The photos I originally gave them were two full body pictures and another one that showed more of a close-up of his face. The close-up one he was wearing a suit and tie etc. so he would be more in-line with his dad's request to make him look "respectable."

However, he was a pretty animated guy -- he had tons of silly photos so the home was that R&B will make a full body statue of Red in his animate 1full-bodied self while wearing respectable clothing. The result is a bust that doesn't look like him and doesn't capture any of his essences.

Anyhow, we'll see if R&B will correct the bust as I requested.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On another note.... For the credits are you using your real names or a profile/Avatar name?

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I submitted one name as "Vextor" and another as "Suikosource"

The Kickstarter page is really erupting with comments on how you can't put spaces between first and last name. Likely they didn't think about this condition because in Japan we don't put spaces between first and last names.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhhh.... This makes sense now. I was going to put my real name until I figured out the space thing.

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry, my old man got admitted to hospital so I have been all over the shop.

I tried penning a response to them about disappointment and that for me it was a $4k price tag, so don't screw me with a half arsed bust in essence. They've since emailed asking if I had seen their response, so just to say I plan to voice displeasure and that more was expected, just in case anyone has objections since it is an "us" statue and not just a "me" thing.

Name wise, since I am on the discord I was going to check once spaces are used and use my first name and Fly since that's separate from the statue. Just yeah, Japan centric so yay?

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just penned a response, so first theirs;

----------
Thank you for your continued support.
This is the Eiyuden Chronicle team of Rabbit & Bear Studios, Inc.

Did you see the email we sent you the other day?
We would appreciate it if you could respond to us when you have time.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
--------------

and my response

----------
Apologies, health issues on this side recently that required hospitalisation. Response has been noted.

I wish to voice disappointment that a bust was chosen for the statue, as whilst I can understand the potential reasoning for, the perception is a cheap after thought for the monetary output which I just cannot accept. Given the "detail" aspect of the response to the image provided, I feel that is a cop out answer, as detail would be akin to dimples and wrinkles on a face as opposed to smooth cheeks for example where image was clean, it is just disappointing in its entirety.

I recognise that the "talk" to statue option is a nice touch, but that also feels a bit like a placation for pushback. Given the limited scope of the offer originally, the cost, and the notations up to this point, a middle ground will have to be reached.
----------------------------

I don't have it in me to be more verbose, basically daily trips to the hospital is draining me and juggling family matters, but will try and update where I can on any further responses.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to hear about your complicated situation Fly! I hope things settle down for the better soon.

On my end I received an improved version of the bust, which is much better than the original.

I also received a response from Red's dad, and he seemed fairly chill with a bust option because he "has seen many busts" in his life and how they "tend not not look at all like the person it's supposed to be." Given that condition, it seems he was fairly happy with the results.

I will hold off on my final response to the Eiyuden team until they respond to you Fly.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Sorry to hear about your complicated situation Fly! I hope things settle down for the better soon.

On my end I received an improved version of the bust, which is much better than the original.

I also received a response from Red's dad, and he seemed fairly chill with a bust option because he "has seen many busts" in his life and how they "tend not not look at all like the person it's supposed to be." Given that condition, it seems he was fairly happy with the results.

I will hold off on my final response to the Eiyuden team until they respond to you Fly.

Been a week and haven't seen a response yet, so given the ETA is rapidly approaching, you might want to send that reply as they might be stalling me.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Context provided from Murayama-san himself;

-------------------------------------------------
Dear

Thank you for your continued support.
This is the Eiyuden Chronicle team of Rabbit & Bear Studios, Inc.
We apologize for the delay in responding.

Regarding your response, we have received a statement from our
representative, Murayama.
The following is his statement.

----------------------------------------
Dear

It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Yoshitaka Murayama, President of
Rabbit & Bear Studios.
Thank you for supporting us through Kickstarter.
We are now in the final stages of production, and we are deeply
grateful for the support of our backers, including you.

Now, let me explain about the backer rewards for this statue.
The background of Eiyuden has a pixel-art expression and a 3D depth expression.
I believe this method of expression is the best form to represent the
world of Eiyuden.

However, since this is not a full 3D game, it is not possible to get
close to the statues represented in the game and see them at large.
Therefore, the development team has chosen to make the busts of the
backers more recognizable as individual backers.

The in-game busts and full-length statues are not of the same scale;
the busts are larger and the faces are more detailed.

If the in-game bust were to be made into a full-length statue, it
would be smaller in scale and unrecognizable as a statue of each of
the backers.

We believe that there have been some rude comments in our past
communication with you.
This is partly due to the fact that the development team and the team
that handles the backer rewards were separate.

However, the above decision was not made to reduce the workload, but
rather to satisfy the backers, and the other backers understand this.

Of course, we regret that we are unable to create the full-body image
that you originally imagined. However, I believe that the bust
proposed by the development team will be the one that will remain in
the game in a clearer form.

I and the development team have made a number of choices in order to
deliver a better form for backers.
I hope you will trust our choices.

Thank you in advance.

Rabbit & Bear Studios
Yoshitaka Murayama
----------------------------------------

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

-------------------------------------------------

At work now but will unpack the email later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: