Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Entourage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like Tir's original group - Pahn, Gremio, Cleo, and Ted. I got the real sense that those characters were a family, almost, and I like that they had a real connection with each other. Each character compliments another, and their personalities are so distinct you (well, I) don't get the idea that any character was tacked on just so they would have a perfect party. It's even more touching once your characters get seperated; it's funny, but not until I saw his mug again, did I realize how much I missed Pahn. Or Ted (oh, that scene with Windy...), for the matter. There aren't many times I keep most of the original party as my final party, but Suikoden 1's group is definately one I usually do (with the exception of Clive for Ted, because Ted..well...you know.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many characters in the game can be really great Wind mages, but few actually bring the magic power to the table to match. She always gets a x2 Shining Wind when I slap on a Cyclone, anyway. With a medal set she's also not bad, but while she does considerably less damage, she does have the benefit of a good Heavy Damage skill to compensate, and of course the Ripple Rune (I'm one of maybe about four people who consistently uses that). Geddoe, Ace, Jacques, they always do more damage on average, and Ace is a demon on the field if you give him a Fury Rune- but I still like Queen, despite the blatant "support damage" role she fills in and the low number of HP she's stuck with.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally like Tir's group the most because of the family like bond that they share. As Sophita said they all seem to be a perfect tight-knit group and then they split up.

Both scenes are quite touching and I still think that the scenes with Gremio and Ted are the most touching in the game. The fact that Gremio returns later is really of no consequence because the first time I played I thought he was gone forever :cry:
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
Not to be argumentative, but half the people in the game can achieve a wind ranking like that with a Wind Hat and Wind Magic Ring.

Yes, but most of them don't have a magic stat as high as Queen's. These are the only people who can outdo her:

Estella - what's the point when she can get an S on both Fire and Lightning?
Joker - no Heavy Damage
Luc - we don't really get to use him with the majority
Viki - she doesn't have the physical capability Queen has
Viki - same with the other Viki
Yuiri - higher magic stat than Queen, more rune slots, same A in Heavy Damage, with an additional Sharpshoot skill to increase damage, higher maximum Wind Magic rating (A), and I'm much of a bigger fanboy for Yuiri than Queen.

wataru14 wrote:
An A in heavy damage is great, but if your strength barely tops 100, what good is a critical?

I'm not saying that Queen's the "OMG pwnzor r0x0rz strongzz she can beat Yuber in one strike111!" kind of character, but you said she excels at nothing, which I don't think is true. 06 SKL coupled with an A in Heavy Damage is helpful enough in compensating for her low STR. Killer Rune would be a good idea to maximize that, as well as General appointment. Mind you, she has the same STR as Jacques, Aila, Lilly and Hugo which is about 120 STR at Level 60. What makes her weak is her lack of swings (she only gets 2 at Level 60) and her weapon (which is weaker than the archers in comparison). The only things I see slowing down Queen are her C max in Armor Protect, B max in Damage, and only one free rune slot (would be much better if we can equip her with a Fury Rune). She can also learn the Magic Resistance skill freely (unless one opts to give her Armor Protect and/or Holy Dash anyway despite the impracticality).

Anyway, we're horribly going off-topic because of my Queen fanboy-yness. She's really grown to me. My love for her has sprouted from my love for Geddoe (no, not his hotness like syb does). I just really love Geddoe's entourage the most. They're pretty interesting, and I think it would be really cool if they had some show about their everyday life in the SFDF and their travels and their rivalry with the 14th unit and such. It's pretty amazing that despite their personalities and how they treat each other, there's still the trust there, and it's something that's very strong within them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: