Suikoden United and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There have been games made for the 360 for less than the average production value, and were able to break even because they were niche titles. A game like Eternal Sonata only sold about 230,000 copies between PS3 and 360 sales for the game. Suikoden would do just fine with production values similar to a game like that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt a Suikoden would need such a budget :roll:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, any Suikoden title could probably get by with less than 10 million, or even 5 million. We're not talking about Call of Duty big budget pushing consoles to their limits, it's Suikoden for god's sake. It just has to do what it does and that's it, no need to get all fancy about it.
Sludub_babe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i will wait and always wait for new suikoden ( not included tierkris )
tojaro

4332 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still own all the Suikodens that were on Sony consoles. I refused to buy Teirkris(i gave away my DS and didn't like the switch from 108 to 60 stars or whatever it was as well as the move to handheld).

I won't believe it's dead until i hear it from a Konami spokesperson, but at this point in time with development costs and the time it will take to develop it for the PS3 as well as the shift to FPS and online gaming by more and more gamers this gen i don't see it as a viable solution for Konami. It would have to sell at least a million copies if not more to be worth the time and effort i think.

As a point of fact i always like to point out that Sony themselves still haven't released a RPG this gen(please don't point to Folklore, as i own it and after inserting the game it states on the bottom right hand corner "action-adventure"), and while i see no excuse for it, the above reasons make a good argument for anything that doesn't have FF printed on the box because it's guaranteed to sell(yes, i did buy FFXIII and i loved it).

Like you all, i will continue to hope....but I'm on the doubting side of the fence at this point.

@gilgalad: I did buy Eternal Sonata for the PS3 to support it, but I'm thinking it's going to have to be more then 230,000 copies sold to be profitable with all the VA alone that might need to be included.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Selling 1 million copies is an impossibility. Even titles Lost Odyssey which have a lot of big names, and advertising behind them do not reach that mark. Tales of Vesperia, by comparison a very, very popular series, with a good deal of money behind it is expected to reach 450,000 units sold between Xbox360 and PS3. That game would have a much higher budget than a potential Suikoden release. Konami has made Suikoden games significantly below the common production value of systems before-- just take a look at Suikoden IV. Even Suikoden V had lower production value than other late PS2 RPGs. *shrug* It can be done. I'm not expecting it to happen because I have no faith in Konami, but that's absolutely no reason to say it can't be done.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silly Salad has a point. I believe there will be another Suikoden game (Tierkreis or not) at some point, but given it is illogical to expect logic from Konami, there's no telling when that day may be. Since my time spent playing games is rather erratic, I'm not too fussed if another game is released tomorrow or in a couple years.

All I want is some good Suikoden action.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="tojaro":7r3xdd9d] didn't like the switch from 108 to 60 stars or whatever it was as well as the move to handheld).

Uh, what? Even if it's no longer in the same world (but others within the same multi-verse), Tierkreis kept all 108 Stars of Destiny intact. You are either confusing this with Tactics, or?
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guess it's kinda official now... No Suikoden at TGS... And thus it's been more than 5 years since the announcement of Suikoden V... Still not prepared to say that it's dead, cause I will always have hope... But... It's definitely hooked up to a respirator and slowly but surely slipping into a coma...

Anyone have an idea where we go from here? With the series I mean?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People seem to forget Tierkreis and the non-game material. It doesn't matter that it's been 5 years since V. They may not have started production for VI right away due to console fear, or they could be trying to put Final fantasy proportioned effort into it. I know it's discouraging to have such a long wait, but things aren't necessarily over yet.

Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In all fairness, you're grasping for air.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":2g9bwun5]People seem to forget Tierkreis

I don't see a problem with this...
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though it's not the Suikoden you want, it's still A Suikoden. Meaning the series is not forgotten yet. It's not grasping at air, it's being realistic. If the series meant nothing to Konami anymore, they wouldn't have bothered with Tierkreis, PSN Suikoden I, or the numerous manga. It may not be their baby (Metal Gear), but it's still theirs.

Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still expect Suikoden VI to materialize one day, though I doubt it will be soon. With the exception of MGS4, this generation has been as hard on Konami as most other companies.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had the slightest inclination to buy Tierkreis. It's the continuity of the series that appeals to me. Even kind of lousy games like 4 and Tactics were still enjoyable because they were part of a bigger saga.

At least if Suikoden V ends up the final installment of the series they'll have gone out with a bang. Probably the most successful comeback in the history of any faltering game series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: