Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

071 - A Question of Peace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: 071 - A Question of Peace Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andrew had walked quietly into Croft’s tent, he wanted to do this as delicately as possible. If he had to he had a few tricks up his sleeve to push Croft into talking things through, but he didn’t wish to use these unless they were absolutely necessary.

Andrew smiled a bit, no need to look unpleasant, “I believe your mage problem is taken care of, for the moment anyway. But I do believe we need to have a talk.”

A broad smile of true appreciation spread over Croft's face. "I'm really honored that you came to help us out, and I'm not just saying that to lighten the situation. I'm sure you want to talk about our initiating combat with Ohio. I can't expect the UN to take my side, but I can assure you that their forces should crumble so rapidly that the fighting won't last long."

Andrew nodded momentarily, “I know you well enough to know you mean what you say. As to that other matter, that’s why I’m here. It’s one thing when you’re dealing with criminal gang regimes, this isn’t one of those situations. But I understand your desire to unify the united states, this land has been in turmoil since the tech days. But look at Reynolds. By no means a tyrant. I’m not saying you should stop trying to unify the lands, but try, at least to do so in a more peaceful manner. I know Reynolds is willing to talk. The question is, are you?”

"Even if Samuel Reynolds approached me offering unconditional surrender, I doubt that all of his subjects would comply." Croft paused and eyed Andrew intensely. "I have faith in the United Nations. but I have an obligation too, to see this through in such a way that the problem is eliminated, not simply postponed."

Andrew smiled, “Then what have you to lose by trying? If you win, even under your supposition, you loosen those who would fight you, and I very much doubt most would fight against the very man they say they’re fighting for. Plus if it comes to THAT, I think I can come up with something to calm people down. I have a way with catching attention.” He grinned.

Croft smiled again. "Are you requesting that I meet with Samuel Reynolds as the President of the United Nations, or as Andrew Lizar?"

Andrew smiled, “Pick one, because both are true.”

"It's not my style to legitimize my enemies by meeting with them, but I have greater enemies than Reynolds, and you know them too. As a stalwart against the corruption plaguing this country still, your goals hold greater weight than mine. If you wish for me to speak with Samuel Reynolds.... Well, I'll give it a shot. I can bend little, but if some form of compromise is necessary for your cause, I'd be shooting my own dreams in the foot to deny it. If he is willing to surrender in every practical sense, to the extent of Ohio rejoining the nation, I can accept a notional comprimise."

Andrew nodded, “All I ask is that you two try to talk it out. If that doesn’t work, then so be it, but it should at least be tried. Thank you, Croft. We may be able to bring a brighter tomorrow with this.”

TO BE CONTINUED…
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: