Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

068 - Cat's in the Chimney

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: 068 - Cat's in the Chimney Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[size=150:1idv16i2]Cat's in the Chimney

[p:1idv16i2]"You're going to tell me everything you know about this order of dark mages."[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"Haha, did the mystics not practice magic in secret for centuries?" Serj responded. "Surely they would not have appreciated being revealed to the world."[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"I don't think Tyne was minding his own business by challenging us," Anwyn replied with a scowl.[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"He was just having a bit of fun and got carried away," Serj grinned. "No, no, he had an agenda, but it fell through you see. We aren't all dead."[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"Get to the point."[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"...Or perhaps he thought that they would be compelled to join his cause should he go public with so convincing a trophy as say, Anwyn Ganymede and Andrew Lizar's heads on a platter! Hmm..." Serj speculated, ignoring or perhaps mocking Anwyn.[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"Tyne lost, he's not the issue here. Tell me about his order," Anwyn demanded.[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"They're incredibly powerful, they use some forms of magic unknown to mystics, and they want to be left alone. Isn't that enough?" Serj replied.[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"They are a cult of the dark arts," Lionel then explained. He'd been listening to the whole conversation, having a vested interest in Tyne. Anwyn was doing it all wrong, demanding answers. Lionel knew how to play the game. "They practice transdimensional magic and translocation, illusion and demonic blood-conjurations." It was only what he'd observed, informed vaguely by the texts he'd collected and his experiences in his prior world. He'd never heard of this particular group before, but Serj didn't need to know that.[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"My you're an interesting one," Serj said to him. "Where ever did you come from?"[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]If Lionel grinned inside, he didn't show it, keeping a stern face. He did not respond.[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]"Recognize this, Mystic: those who know too much are responsible to hush their voices. Just as you are obligated to not teach Almaghest I am obligated to not reveal such things to people in your position. If curiosity compels you to find out for yourself, that's another matter. Lionel I imagine has further use for Tyne, as do I. I intend to join him should he search, whether he likes it or not," Serj glanced at the were-pire, "and if he will have you along then so be it." Anwyn remained silent. "But first I wish to see through this conflict in Ohio. It's all so very interesting."[/p:1idv16i2]
[p:1idv16i2]Krivin overheard the conversation too. Was Tyne not near the cause of his amnesia?[/p:1idv16i2]
---------------------------------------

[p:1idv16i2]The One Nation camp seemed tranquil when the group returned. Having been notified of the attack, this was not altogether odd. Troops were out on the new front now, guarding their posts, leaving the control base rather empty. The group was welcomed hospitably; There was no animosity here. Croft had not betrayed them, going so far as to publicly state that the Freedom Fighters and UN were "absolutely neutral at this moment". Still, no one in the group condoned his actions. Reynolds was eager to parlay, but Croft, Andrew knew, would take some convincing.[/p:1idv16i2]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: